Facebook/Twitter buttons everywhere.

last reply
10 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Do you think the idea of FB/twitter buttons on Lush is wise? I mean clicking on it accidentally can happen especially if you're a browsing lush no tablet or smartphone and that would cause people unimaginable troubles, from job loss to social suicide, are their existence here really worth it to put users' lives at risk?

For the love of god(s)/God/Allah/Buddha/FlyingSpaghettiMonster, I kindly ask the site owners/moderates to reconsider the FB/twitter buttons on this site (whether they should be there or not).

I hope other members agree with this sentiment.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
As far as I know, they are only located on the footers of stories. In order for them to work, you also need to have your twitter/facebook account logged in, and hit a confirmation button on the pop-up window.

I don't think we have ever had anyone who has 'accidentally' posted or tweeted a story link.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Liz
As far as I know, they are only located on the footers of stories. In order for them to work, you also need to have your tweeter/facebook account logged in, and hit a confirmation button on the pop-up window.

I don't think we have ever had anyone who has 'accidentally' posted or tweeted a story link.

Not true, check your profile for instance, it has these buttons too.

Your profile, others' profile, the chatroom's main page, the stories page.... everywhere!

and people are usually logged on fb/tweeter on their smartphones/tablets due to the apps.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
MuffinMan........do I know you ?
My Karma just ran over your Dogma
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Muffinman82

Not true, check your profile for instance, it has these buttons too.

Your profile, others' profile, the chatroom's main page, the stories page.... everywhere!

and people are usually logged on fb/tweeter on their smartphones/tablets due to the apps.

If you are talking about the ones in the header under the red bar, these don't post/tweet anything. If you'd checked, you would see that they are just links to the social media profile pages for the site.

Even being logged in, they won't do anything if you click on them other than take you to a profile page.

Chill out.
Lurker
0 likes
It's all good in the hood yo.
Lurker
0 likes
It's all good in the hood yo.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Liz

If you are talking about the ones in the header under the red bar, these don't post/tweet anything. If you'd checked, you would see that they are just links to the social media profile pages for the site.

Even being logged in, they won't do anything if you click on them other than take you to a profile page.

Chill out.

Oh I never dared to check these lol.
Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks for explaining Liz!

As for "social suicide" - you never know, some people might see more action, from "accidently" clicking on the share links...

Did you know quite a few people have actually met / hooked up, and even married off this site? That's a lovely perk I hadn't expected
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Thanks for explaining Liz!

As for "social suicide" - you never know, some people might see more action, from "accidently" clicking on the share links...

Did you know quite a few people have actually met / hooked up, and even married off this site? That's a lovely perk I hadn't expected

You're hooked up with yourself? :O

Well, not surprising, I would hook up with you.
Matriarch
0 likes

Flattery will get you everywhere.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Flattery will get you everywhere.

Especially with the site owner silly.