Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Facebook/Twitter buttons everywhere. Options · View
Muffinman82
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:41:41 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 12/11/2013
Posts: 58
Do you think the idea of FB/twitter buttons on Lush is wise? I mean clicking on it accidentally can happen especially if you're a browsing lush no tablet or smartphone and that would cause people unimaginable troubles, from job loss to social suicide, are their existence here really worth it to put users' lives at risk?

For the love of god(s)/God/Allah/Buddha/FlyingSpaghettiMonster, I kindly ask the site owners/moderates to reconsider the FB/twitter buttons on this site (whether they should be there or not).

I hope other members agree with this sentiment.

Liz
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:53:08 PM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress
Moderator

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 7,459
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom
As far as I know, they are only located on the footers of stories. In order for them to work, you also need to have your twitter/facebook account logged in, and hit a confirmation button on the pop-up window.

I don't think we have ever had anyone who has 'accidentally' posted or tweeted a story link.




Muffinman82
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:06:07 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 12/11/2013
Posts: 58
Liz wrote:
As far as I know, they are only located on the footers of stories. In order for them to work, you also need to have your tweeter/facebook account logged in, and hit a confirmation button on the pop-up window.

I don't think we have ever had anyone who has 'accidentally' posted or tweeted a story link.



Not true, check your profile for instance, it has these buttons too.

Your profile, others' profile, the chatroom's main page, the stories page.... everywhere!

and people are usually logged on fb/tweeter on their smartphones/tablets due to the apps.
jollyjack
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:19:00 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/2/2012
Posts: 2,309
Location: in Capri or Amsterdam....Honolulu or Siam
MuffinMan........do I know you ?

My Karma just ran over your Dogma
Liz
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:19:58 PM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress
Moderator

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 7,459
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom
Muffinman82 wrote:

Not true, check your profile for instance, it has these buttons too.

Your profile, others' profile, the chatroom's main page, the stories page.... everywhere!

and people are usually logged on fb/tweeter on their smartphones/tablets due to the apps.


If you are talking about the ones in the header under the red bar, these don't post/tweet anything. If you'd checked, you would see that they are just links to the social media profile pages for the site.

Even being logged in, they won't do anything if you click on them other than take you to a profile page.

Chill out.


Guest
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 3:08:32 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 779,337
It's all good in the hood yo.
Muffinman82
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:45:42 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 12/11/2013
Posts: 58
Liz wrote:


If you are talking about the ones in the header under the red bar, these don't post/tweet anything. If you'd checked, you would see that they are just links to the social media profile pages for the site.

Even being logged in, they won't do anything if you click on them other than take you to a profile page.

Chill out.


Oh I never dared to check these lol.
nicola
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:49:28 AM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 27,470
Thanks for explaining Liz!

As for "social suicide" - you never know, some people might see more action, from "accidently" clicking on the share links...evil4

Did you know quite a few people have actually met / hooked up, and even married off this site? That's a lovely perk I hadn't expected love3

Muffinman82
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:17:51 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 12/11/2013
Posts: 58
nicola wrote:
Thanks for explaining Liz!

As for "social suicide" - you never know, some people might see more action, from "accidently" clicking on the share links...evil4

Did you know quite a few people have actually met / hooked up, and even married off this site? That's a lovely perk I hadn't expected love3



You're hooked up with yourself? :O

Well, not surprising, I would hook up with you. Embarassed
nicola
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:20:02 AM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 27,470
laughing9

Flattery will get you everywhere.
Muffinman82
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:58:31 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 12/11/2013
Posts: 58
nicola wrote:
laughing9

Flattery will get you everywhere.


Especially with the site owner :p.
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.