Romance

last reply
20 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Are you romantic? What do you do to show a girl you are crazy about her?
Lurker
0 likes
Most romantic thing iv done.She was having some bad days at work when i was away at a work conference.I left a day early and got home before her and cooked her favorite meal,candles,flowers,nice music and a bubble bath.
A good lady is always there on the shit days so they are worth the effort in my book.its the little things that go a long way.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i show her my dingle.

as for romance? i let her order whatever she wants off the dollar menu. ;)
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
WOW!! Great question you've got me thinking, I've been married for 29yrs and right now I can't remember the last time I did something romantic ( I'm such a HEEL!!) I do send flowers every now and again (sometimes for no reason) and bring her home her favorite donut (YumYum's white lighting) when I can. Thanks for kicking my in the ASS!!!! (In a good way)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A Rose on the second date, a bracelet after 6 months, and a vacation at 9 months.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't think I am.

I like candlelit dinners in a nice restaurant, but then I love food.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
0 likes
Bought flowers, given presents, taken her out, cooked, washed up, but most romantic (and appreciated)..............,
given her a foot rub when she's been on her feet all day!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I have written I love you on a bathroom mirror w/soap ..... roses out of the blue...... love letters....I really pay attention and get her things out of the blue that she maybe mentioned 6 months before.......made custom gifts(but I am really good at making things out of steel
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Probably like most men, I am romantic on Valentines, Birthday's etc but probably not enough the whole year round
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, I think I am a bit romantic. She would understand that I started looking for her, since the minute I heard my first love story smile
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I'm a romantic but actually try to hide it. Most women can see through my game though.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
A cheesy, big time romantic at heart actually.

I've hidden pretty well though.

As for what I do to show a girl?

No set thing.

Each one is different and deserves something a little different for each of their personalities.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What I do is the little everyday stuff that can make her life a little better. Making sure she has a bottle of wine opened when I know she's had a hard day at work, buying her a GPS when she was frustrated with getting lost after we moved, making sure she has a flashlight in her EMT jacket, and going to a Mexican food restaurant with her because it's what she wants (I hate Mexican food).
Lurker
0 likes
I think you already know what i'd do rashelle ;) ahahaha
Lurker
0 likes
well a candle little dinner out on the beach then laying by the fire. the sound of the surf holding your love one in your arms sound pretty good
Lurker
0 likes
Little things, like listening to her to hear things she likes, and then acting on those things.
Lurker
0 likes
I pay attention to her, listen to little things she says, without judgement, just be there for her, let her talk about whatever she wants, never interrupting.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Make her laugh... Try to do or say something that will etch a memory of me in her mind so that the next time she sees me, she smiles... I have also been known to bake a treat and give it to a woman just because... I think the most romantic things are done just because... Not because of holidays or birthdays and such... And cards and gifts that are handmade mean so much more! In this day and age with the internet, if you can follow directions, you can make anything you want...
I would say the most romantic thing I did was for a girlfriend a couple of years back... Without a hint I packed a bag for her... Asked her to take a drive to Pa. with me to walk a park... Asked her to go to dinner with me (Yea I knew where we were going to eat already, lol)... After dinner I handed her a handmade card... It told her how much she meant to me... And it asked her to spend the rest of the weekend with me at a local hotel.. smile
characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Anyone who knows Me knows I am a hopeless romantic! As for what I do to show it, I do all the regular things - hold doors open, order the meals for her, etc. But mostly it's just a matter of paying attention to her. REALLY paying attention to her.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Me? Romantic? No!
I've taken a guy to Paris for the weekend.
Rented an apartment in the Canaries for a guy so he could get out of an abusive relationship.
Helped to pay for an ex to go through college after he moved to the States.
I never thought it was romantic though. It was just what I did without thinking.