last reply
18 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi

I found out my daughter, who stilll lives at hope, is usig this site..
She used my laptop once and forgot to delete the history..

What do I do.

Leave it or talk with her...
Constant Gardener
0 likes
You should give her her own laptop - and then you need to get busy and write some erotic stories to publish them here.

Win Win.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
I think it only really matters if she is underage (and what "uses" means). Other than that, I agree.... have her use her own laptop.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yeah... right...
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
IF this is for real then I agree with John regarding the AGE matter. IF you feel she's old enough to "BE" here fine. After that however I DISAGREE! You SHOULD sit her down for a talk re the DANGERS that lurk EVERYWHERE on the internet AND rather than "her own" lap top MAKE SURE she uses YOURS so you CAN keep track of what she IS doing and with whom. (Just make SURE that YOU are ALSO ready to be open minded and UNDERSTANDING ...IF things take a turn you hadn't "expected".)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Depends on her age.... if she has a phone then she is probably up to all kinds of things.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Wardog
IF this is for real then I agree with John regarding the AGE matter. IF you feel she's old enough to "BE" here fine. After that however I DISAGREE! You SHOULD sit her down for a talk re the DANGERS that lurk EVERYWHERE on the internet AND rather than "her own" lap top MAKE SURE she uses YOURS so you CAN keep track of what she IS doing and with whom. (Just make SURE that YOU are ALSO ready to be open minded and UNDERSTANDING ...IF things take a turn you hadn't "expected".)

Just to be clear... you think that if the daughter is old enough to legally be on Lush that the parent should monitor their actions and interactions? I might agree that talking to the "adult child" about the dangers of things would be fine, but monitoring and controlling their actions/interactions after that point does not seem either right or warranted IMO. Because honestly it isn't an issue of if a person "feels" someone is old enough to be here, but if they are legally old enough to be here. And if they are legally old enough to be here, than they don't need to be on "mommy's" computer, nor does a parent have any obligation or right to monitor and control their actions online.... or off. You can monitor and control what they do in your HOUSE, or using your computer/car/etc. but other than that..... I don't think so. But that is just my thoughts on the mater.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
First and foremost, is your daughter of age to be here?

Secondly, by 'uses this site', what exactly does that mean? Did she create an account here? Or does she just browse anonymously and read the stories?

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LondonTzarina
Depends on her age.... if she has a phone then she is probably up to all kinds of things.

Oh.. She is more than legal age, but it was justthe kind of stories she read...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by JulieMom

If she's that old then the only thing you can do is talk to her about your concerns.
I've read your bio and you seem to enjoy the site so you could start by thanking her for helping you find Lush.
Please remember that this is a fantasy site, just because you read a category it doesn't mean that you want to participate in real life.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I *accidentally* got into this site when I was ___ years old. I was a young writer interested in different genres of literature. The girls at my art school were in junior high and writing intense erotica stories and love poems, about bondage and reluctance as if they were adults their whole lives! It was beautiful, what they wrote. When we found out it was legal (technically for minors to WRITE erotica literature), we jumped on it and haven't looked back since! I'm a published poet and a few of my friends even are published authors now that we've honed our skills. Our home schools, however, took up an issue with it which we fought back immediately. Later, when I turned 18, I made my own Lush account, but I've been on Lush since before 2012...

Moral of the story: Age does play a role in this legally. According to the law, Lush has every right to deny a minor access to this site due to its "mature nature" (which I believe is bs) even though LEGALLY she can WRITE and read erotica, which is mainly what the site is for. You know your daughter most and maybe she's just curious. Its important to let her know that love and erotica are not evil entities when written or read in a controlled setting. Talk to her and allow her to express to you what's been going on. It's better to keep her safe than to be sorry.

Lurker
0 likes
I agree - she's old enough to be here then it's none of your business - sorry mom.
On the other hand, if you're here and she's here, and if you can get over her being your daughter, what a great opportunity for a mother and daughter to bond and treat each other as two women who enjoy the same things.

Use it as a positive thing, and stop looking for the negative.

I saw somewhere once where the word FEAR was broken down as an acronym:

False
Expectations
Appearing as
Real

Fantasies are nice to have in your head, fear is not.

Talk to her.
Lurker
0 likes
what stories she read honey?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by pussyslut1121
what stories she read honey?

Not some i'll write in public...
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by JulieMom

If she is reading stories from here then you know that she is reading things that at least are legal. There are sites around that have some horrendous stuff on. So take comfort from that.

It may be uncomfortable having your grown up child sharing the site you are a member of but she is an adult and she has the same freedoms and rights as you have. In your situation I would perhaps mention the discovery of the internet history and just advise her to be careful with forming relationships and giving out personal information about herself.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Find the right time and talk to her - soon. As her single mom I assume she does not have a man in the house to use as a role model and see the male side of life. She needs to have somebody to confide in whether she is active or not. Contraception and pregnancy is a compulsorary subject.
If she reads many of the stories here she needs to be told that most of the stories are fantasy and life is not altogether as it is written here. Well in my opinion. I know my stories are fantasy based on some truth. I would not like her to emulate the women in my stories at her age.
Having lived and loved in Europe I realise girls/women there have a more mature and open mind about sex. I met some wonderful there people and enjoyed their company as a friend, with a benefit.
I found sex in Europe and UK can generally be recreational and affairs are far more acceptable than elsewhere in the world.
Communication with a sibling is most important - I had a bad mother, and I was screamed at more than spoken to in my early days. Gain her confidence and she could be not only a daughter but a friend. If you know what she has been reading here - talk to her about the stories and discuss them. You will both benefit from a more open relationship. Good luck.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Meggsy
Find the right time and talk to her - soon. As her single mom I assume she does not have a man in the house to use as a role model and see the male side of life. She needs to have somebody to confide in whether she is active or not. Contraception and pregnancy is a compulsorary subject.
If she reads many of the stories here she needs to be told that most of the stories are fantasy and life is not altogether as it is written here. Well in my opinion. I know my stories are fantasy based on some truth. I would not like her to emulate the women in my stories at her age.
Having lived and loved in Europe I realise girls/women there have a more mature and open mind about sex. I met some wonderful there people and enjoyed their company as a friend, with a benefit.
I found sex in Europe and UK can generally be recreational and affairs are far more acceptable than elsewhere in the world.
Communication with a sibling is most important - I had a bad mother, and I was screamed at more than spoken to in my early days. Gain her confidence and she could be not only a daughter but a friend. If you know what she has been reading here - talk to her about the stories and discuss them. You will both benefit from a more open relationship. Good luck.

I have tried to be a good role model. We have had hard times last year due to my hunbond got killed. AHe got hit by a car on a dark road walking the dog.

She knows all there is about contraception and pregnancy, but her being more into girls than men, I don't see babies on the way...

What kind of stories do you write ?
I know what she read from looking in the browser history on my laptop.. I didn't check up on her.. I was looking to find something for myself.
I have NO idea how to talk with about the stories.
We are close as mother and daughter and, I think, as friends.

Just no as close as in some as the stories...

Love to hear from you...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Wardog

Agree mostly with what has been said. If she is of age it can be a learning experience and hopefully help her be open in her sexual dealings and adventures. But even if she is a young adult (probably a little naive) than you should monitor her activity and the best way I think would be to join here on the site and have a bit of fun.X6c3Bj1QInsxHQ5S
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Meggsy

Excellent advice.Sz1q0SZayrqrFpzC