Login

Wrong category!

last reply
9 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Are there any rules about what category is put in and can you a reader complain and have it moved if it's in the wrong one or is it purely up to the author?
Matriarch
0 likes
The author puts the story in the category they think most closely matches the content. Then, if a moderator thinks it should be in a different one, we change it.

Sometimes mistakes happen, so if you think a story should be in a different category, please let us know and we'll move it if that's the case.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
The author puts the story in the category they think most closely matches the content. Then, if a moderator thinks it should be in a different one, we change it.

Sometimes mistakes happen, so if you think a story should be in a different category, please let us know and we'll move it if that's the case.

I don't want to embarrass the author so who do I contact
0 likes
You might want to read this. It has the rules for inclusion for the various categories. Might help clarify why it is where it is and give you something to point to when you talk to someone about it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
You might want to read this. It has the rules for inclusion for the various categories. Might help clarify why it is where it is and give you something to point to when you talk to someone about it.

Thanks, I know all the guidelines for this one I checked before I flagged it inappropriate but heard nothing back. I thought it might only mean that the content was inappropriate for the site and I only meant for the category.
0 likes
Quote by dpw

Thanks, I know all the guidelines for this one I checked before I flagged it inappropriate but heard nothing back. I thought it might only mean that the content was inappropriate for the site and I only meant for the category.

PM a link to the story to Nicola (who answered you upthread). She should be able to figure it out and fix it.
Matriarch
0 likes
You can either send the story link to any mod, or it should be dealt with if you use the contact form. That goes straight to a site admin.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
You can either send the story link to any mod, or it should be dealt with if you use the contact form. That goes straight to a site admin.

Thanks, I've given the details to Scott to do whatever. Is the flag inappropriate nothing to do with this? I did flag it but got no response.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by dpw

Thanks, I've given the details to Scott to do whatever. Is the flag inappropriate nothing to do with this? I did flag it but got no response.

Yes, that's nothing to do with it, and it would have been ignored!

That's for when a story breaks the guidelines. When we started the site, I was the only person verifying all the stories, and we had no queue system, so stories hit the site immediately. I didn't get to all of them.

So, some really old stories may contain things which we wouldn't allow now. We've picked off most of them over the years.

Very occasionally, stories also get verified, and the mod has missed something. We're only human.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

PM a link to the story to Nicola (who answered you upthread). She should be able to figure it out and fix it.

That story has been moved back to the Gay Male Category!