How Do You Size Condoms ???

last reply
19 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I have no practical interest in the answer I am seeking.. just a morbid curiosity ... I just read a joke on Forum Entertainment that says that condoms come in various sizes.. S, M , L [and tissue!].. giggles

how do u size them????? ...
if I was buying knitwear that was labelled S, M, L, XL, I would have to try it on.. because there is a non conformity in sizes between manufacturers ..
is there a measured fitting available.. as there is for bras?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by hayley
I have no practical interest in the answer I am seeking.. just a morbid curiosity ... I just read a joke on Forum Entertainment that says that condoms come in various sizes.. S, M , L [and tissue!].. giggles

if I was buying knitwear that was labelled S, M, L, XL, I would have to try it on.. because there is a non conformity in sizes between manufacturers ..

of course, did ya not know, when ya go to the store, they have male staffers who will volunteer to size them for you?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by keepiteasy

of course, did ya not know, when ya go to the store, they have male staffers who will volunteer to size them for you?

no I didn't know this.. being blonde I have tendency to believe u.. but something tells me I shouldn't
how do they size them??? do they measure like the ladies do for a bra?
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I think some condoms come with some sort of sizing guide. Like if you're a certain length or girth, then you know what to pick. But different condoms come in different shapes. Just like our shoe and clothing sizes. Just because we're one size with one company, we don't be the same exact size for another company. Some may be a perfect fit lengthwise, but uncomfortable for the guy girth-wise.

I've always been taught to keep a variety of condoms on hand just in case. It's not just up to the guy to make sure sex is protected.

*steps off soapbox*

Back to answering your question, I believe it's done through trial and error. Condoms aren't expensive and they're relatively easy to get, so I'm sure most guys just try different ones until they find the right fit.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by hayley

no I didn't know this.. being blonde I have tendency to believe u.. but something tells me I shouldn't
how do they size them??? do they measure like the ladies do for a bra?

heheh I am sorry, I should not kid with ya, I just always see questions, and I type what pops into my head first. Lol

I have never bought a condom, so how would I know anything about sizing lol

( I have wondered the same thing, just never thought to ask)

good question
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by Dani
I think some condoms come with some sort of sizing guide. Like if you're a certain length or girth, then you know what to pick. But different condoms come in different shapes. Just like our shoe and clothing sizes. Just because we're one size with one company, we don't be the same exact size for another company. Some may be a perfect fit lengthwise, but uncomfortable for the guy girth-wise.

I've always been taught to keep a variety of condoms on hand just in case. It's not just up to the guy to make sure sex is protected.

*steps off soapbox*

Back to answering your question, I believe it's done through trial and error. Condoms aren't expensive and they're relatively easy to get, so I'm sure most guys just try different ones until they find the right fit.

Trial and error is how I find out myself. Nothing worse than a condom too tight (fucking uncomfortable as hell) or too loose.

Also brands...I learned you can't go cheap with condoms. Well, I can't. I've been in occasions where only the girl had one on her, and they were really crappy ones I could hardly feel anything with. Like using an industrial trash bad to fuck.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Pro Tip: Always go with the Magnums. Smile knowingly as you make a show of pulling the box out of your dresser. Of course, they probably won't fit, and will make your normal weiner look small in the process of putting it on...but you'll always have that moment when you whip the Magnum out! biggrin
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
from this ad ..... apparently a condom should really fit any size!!

Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Reminds me of a Cold War era joke. (Yeah, I am that freaking old)

The Secretary of State came into the Oval Office to speak with President Reagan.
"Ah, sir? General Secretary Gorbachev has quietly requested American aid with a public health issue.

"Really Al? What are the Ruskies asking for?"

"Well Sir, they are having a shortage of condoms. They've requested we send them a million condoms, each a foot long and bright red in color!"

Reagan sat back, clearly shocked. "A foot long! Holy crap!" Then he smiled. "Okay Al, contact Trojan and have them made. Two changes though. Have them write Made in the USA on one side and Medium on the other!"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A lady went to her local drugstore and asked the pharmacist shyly, "Sir, do you carry condoms in Extra Large size? "

"Yes, we do," the pharmacist replied. "Would you like to buy some? "

"No, " she replied, "But can I stand here for a while to see if anyone else does? "
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Pro Tip: Always go with the Magnums. Smile knowingly as you make a show of pulling the box out of your dresser. Of course, they probably won't fit, and will make your normal weiner look small in the process of putting it on...but you'll always have that moment when you whip the Magnum out! biggrin

I soooo love this post
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is a great question I think, because while it may be true that there are people who really know this subject well, us men know a lot less about it than we probably ought to.
My experience taught em that not only do condoms come in different sizes (by length and girth) but are made in different materials of varying quality. I guess we all know about the common "latex" or "latex-like" condoms widely available but we have also heard of lamb skin condoms, that while baggy, and supposed to make you more sensitive to the whole process. Now here I wish I could give a company name but I do not believe it is possible under site rules. So if you google condom sizes you should be able to find a company that has several methods for finding the right condom for you.
Additionally condoms come in different colors, and with even some comic elements added on.
I'll never forget the first condoms I bought how how really PAIN-ful they were. I don't claim to be King Kong either. haha
So I urge anyone who wants to know about this to google it...yes ladies you might enjoy it all too. lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hayley

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I went the trial and error route...
There are major differences in feeling between brands.
I know someone who could not maintain in one brand, but used another same day, no probs...

I found one that works for my size etc, so I stick to them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ok. The German school system is very different from some others so I will share the knowledge, bestowed upon me, with you.
1. Most men have a penis which size falls into a very narrow range and therefore standard condoms fit most pretty good. However the right size is very important, because too big condoms can slip or fall off and then they may get lost inside your partner. Yes, that happens and it's very awkward to explain to you gyno. Condoms that are too small are more likely to rip. Both scenarios render them useless.
2. Most quality brands offer sizing guides or online size calculators. So you just measure the erect(!) penis both length and girth and then check for the right size. Here is a overview over some brands: http://contraception.about.com/od/malecondom/a/CondomSizeChart.htm
3. You should invest in quality condoms because it's your body and your health. But more important is the right storage. They are very sensitive against temperature and sun. So store them at steady room temperature and keep them away from direct sun light. Btw always check the best before date!
4. They do come in different materials, which one you chose is a personal choice for most people. They also come latex-free so an allergy is no reason to not use a condom.
5. It's also important to handle them right. Open the package carefully and keep long fingernails away. The right way to take them off is not to roll them back up like many people do, because you can have spillage. Instead you have to slide them off and make a knot in the end immediately.
6. Trial and error might not be the best way to find out the right size. However you can use it to find out your favorite brand.
7. I always have an assortment of condoms at home, because I have to agree with Dani. You should be prepared.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dreamer90
Ok. The German school system is very different from some others so I will share the knowledge, bestowed upon me, with you.
1. Most men have a penis which size falls into a very narrow range and therefore standard condom fit most pretty good. However the right size is very important, because too big condoms can slip or fall off and then they may get lost inside your partner. Yes, that happens and it's very awkward to explain to you gyno. Condoms that are too small are more likely to rip. Both scenarios render them useless.
2. Most quality brands offer sizing guides or online size calculators. So you just measure the erect(!) penis both length and girth and then check for the right size. Here is a overview over some brands: http://contraception.about.com/od/malecondom/a/CondomSizeChart.htm
3. You should invest in quality condoms because it's your body and your health. But more important is the right storage. They are very sensitive against temperature and sun. So store them at steady room temperature and keep them away from direct sun light. Btw always check the best before date!
4. They do come in different materials, which one you chose is a personal choice for most people. They also come latex-free so an allergy is no reason to not use a condom.
5. It's also important to handle them right. Open the package carefully and keep long fingernails away. The right way to take them off is not to roll them back up like many people do, because you can have spillage. Instead you have to slide them off and make a knot in the end immediately.
6. Trial and error might not be the best way to find out the right size. However you can use it to find out your favorite brand.
7. I always have an assortment of condoms at home, because I have to agree with Dani. You should be prepared.

now I know why I am a blonde lesbian...

but what a wonderful reply =d>
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hayley

now I know why I am a blonde lesbian...

but what a wonderful reply =d>

Just trying to share my knowledge and enlighten you. Hope I have answered all questions you have had or not had about condoms.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Does this cover surgical gloves?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
what's a condom?
“It's nice sometimes to open up the heart a little and let some hurt come in. It proves you're still alive.”
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LadyX

Would you think twice if they were too small?