a good wife

last reply
8 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I just read a quote today: "A good wife is one who serves her husband in the morning like a mother does, loves him in the day like a sister does and pleases him like a prostitute in the night."

I don't agree that, but what do you think?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It must have been written by a jerk. In todays society, stay at home wives are few. In the past I would agree with that, some what, but now, most women have careers and work as hard, if not harder than their male counterparts. Therefore, I believe the Serving and pleasing is just as important for the man to give as it is the women. The loving part, should be shared as well, although I would not want my brother loving me like my sex partner, but I know this site is full of people who would think that was hot.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by alliebug69
It must have been written by a jerk. In todays society, stay at home wives are few. In the past I would agree with that, some what, but now, most women have careers and work as hard, if not harder than their male counterparts. Therefore, I believe the Serving and pleasing is just as important for the man to give as it is the women. The loving part, should be shared as well, although I would not want my brother loving me like my sex partner, but I know this site is full of people who would think that was hot.

Sex with family - iky beyond belief
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I serve my husband his dinner, take care of all his needs, and service him like an EXPENSIVE hooker, does that count?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BigPuss

Sex with family - iky beyond belief

==(quote)
Yeah...yeah. I can't read those.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by _Atlantis
I just read a quote today: "A good wife is one who serves her husband in the morning like a mother does, loves him in the day like a sister does and pleases him like a prostitute in the night."

I don't agree that, but what do you think?
A good wife is the one that is always there when things are going good or bad and you need someone .
Head Nurse
0 likes
I would agree with the statement, but by the same token, a husband must be willing to serve in the same manner. The best advice I received when I was married was "a marriage is never 50-50." You are always going to think the other person is giving more than you are.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"A good wife is one who serves her husband in the morning like a mother does, loves him in the day like a sister does and pleases him like a prostitute in the night."

I guess I read this a little different then most, but to me it is well stated. I do 'serve' my husband in the morning with a good morning and talk about the day ahead like my mother did with me and his mother with him. I do love him like a sister during the day, the whole day and night, with love, advice, support, caring and a shoulder if needed. Being a loving sister does not always have a sexual connotation. I also try to please him like a prostitute at night and he does the same for me. I guess I agree with the statement and believe that it could go both ways changing out wife for husband or spouse, mother for father....

As with all aspects of life everyone sees and reads different ideas. Some days you just have to love being an evolved human.
...I thought that maybe a new life, a different life, wouldn’t be so bad. But where the hell did I put the receipt, and could you return something that was over twenty years old? Where do you go to get a new life when your old one has you so puzzled you don’t know how to fix it? Wish I knew.
-Anita Blake (Laurell K. Hamilton)