A question for the ladies who run.

last reply
32 replies
5.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I'm looking for sports bra recommendations. I'm in the market for new ones. I'm a runner with big breasts unfortunately. So I am looking for something that will minimize the uncomfortable bouncing. Thanks!
Lurker
0 likes
Old Navy has several types and although I'm not very large I still think they will provide you with adequate support.
Lurker
0 likes
Another option might be to layer them. A friend of mine wore two of contrasting colors. It looked cute and gave her extra support.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm a 36D but every sports bra I find feels like it doesn't keep its support. Sometimes being female is such a pain in the ass. LOL
I'll go online and see what Old Navy has, thanks. Worst case scenario, I'll do the layering trick. At least that should look cute.
You rock!

I figured changing my avatar temporarily for this post would help with bra suggestions
Head Nurse
0 likes
the larger girl has an entirely different perspective on sports bras then the smaller girl! I would stay away from the old navy bras. they dont provide the support that is required and will result in a lot of bounce, pain, and slow your running.

Try the shock absorber sports bra. it is the best one I have found (38DD runner)

A good sports bra for the larger girl is the holy grail of sports clothing
Lurker
0 likes
Thank you so much! I'll do a Google search.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by shortgirl32
Thank you so much! I'll do a Google search.

I second Shock Absorber. I have two, they are very good.

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/en/

Check out the 'Bounce-O-Meter' for a giggle.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm on that site right now. You're girls are amazing! Thank you!!!! I'm glad they'll deliver to the United States. Shipping is expensive but this sports bra looks totally worth it.

I looked at the U.S. site and they don't have the sports bra for running. I did find them on Amazon though. I'll keep looking for U.S. sites before I order. I will definitely be ordering a few of these.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I'll have to check out Shock Absorber. I loved the bounce-o'meter - raise your hand if you increased it to maximum boobs on highest intensity just for the visual. lol

Right now I use the Ta-Ta Tamer by Lululemon - it has adjustable straps and also lets you wear them crossed over in the back for more support. I don't have huge breasts, but I believe this goes up to an E cup. They make an even more supportive one for larger chested women called The Booby Bracer, but I haven't tried it.

I have a couple of Victoria Secret sports bras. The 'Incredible' (pic below) is a good one, but I tend to use them more for general work-outs and spin, tennis etc.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Under Armor works very well for me, but i am a bit on the small side - i'm not sure how they are for bigger boobed girls. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
I will definitely check out the Ta-Ta Tamer. I'm just waiting for this crappy winter to be over so I can get back to running. If it's not sub zero temperatures it's snowing. I'm an outdoor runner and this winter has been awful!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm a 32D and the Nike Pro line gives me great support during high impact workouts and cardio.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by Liz

I second Shock Absorber. I have two, they are very good.

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/en/

Check out the 'Bounce-O-Meter' for a giggle.

I'm sorry to interrupt, but I had to post this after I saw it.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I purchase my bra's from Lane Bryant, and online I believe they sell sports bra's. Lane Bryant specializes in larger woman, including those with larger chests smile Hope this helped
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Shock Absorber is great for any sports and offers great support for the bigger boobs! They don't move far at all so no danger of black eyes!
[
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have 38C/D and nothing pisses me off more than the amt of money I've spent on bras labeled 'high impact' that aren't! Thanks for these links, have never heard of any of the bras you guys mention. I love running but damn you know? If you have to hold the bitches up it just kills the vibe of a full-out run.
Head Nurse
0 likes
I get it! I'm a 38DD and it hurts if you don't have a decent bra. Ones that don't support and let you bounce, ones that pinch and leave you in pain. It's hard to get a good run in when you are thinking about the pain of either bouncing all over or a poor fit.

The shock absorber isn't cheap, but it's worth it!
Lurker
0 likes
sport bras are hot
Lurker
0 likes
I have 36E boobs so the need for a good running bra is essential. I would recommend "Shock Absorber" i use the high impact 4 and would not buy anything else having tried the cheaper options on the market.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm a 32AA, this thread doesn't really apply to me so I'll sod off!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Just to 'Stir the Pot'.
Make them wear a 'Vampire Bra' when they go jogging.

If I see someone like this, on my door step, I'll know I got a reaction
Lurker
0 likes
Having read this thread I am thankful that I have always been boob challenged -- 34B
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Although I don't run, with my 32/34GG's I need a decent bra for exercise. Hope shock absorber works for you (the combo of small back and ludicrous bosom means I don't find that brand very comfortable). Here's a useful link (with a current postage offer) if you do need any extra ideas! smile

http://www.brastop.com/sports-bras-swimwear
Una chica rubia caliente
0 likes
Moving Comfort Juno Bra is my best bet for high impact in the C cup range. Cost is about $30 per boob (thankfully I only have two) and worth it. Lululemon All-Sport Bra is pretty good for sports like volley/soft ball.
Lurker
0 likes
This does not apply to me but feel like telling that our coach in high school asked big breasted girls to wear shock absorber active sports bra. I think at that time they were around $ 40 a piece.....