last reply
20 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is just a general question..

How do you dance at parties or clubs or any gatherings with good beats playing? and when i ask dance i mean with a partner like male and female...
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
If you're talking about just dancing in clubs/parties, and not 'professional' dancing (eg. tango, salsa, etc.), then you basically just have to move to the rhythm of the music. It's really not that complicated if you've got rhythm and put your inhibitions aside.
0 likes
Beginner Basics 101

I always dance. I cannot help it. If I am standing or sitting, my body starts to move and I cannot control myself. At a concert I have to get into an open place so I can participate. I am not a bench-sitter. This is because I "feel" the music. I also learned in elementary school that dancing is like sex and even if I had no clue then, I sought out those dancers that did. This twerking, krunking or humping business I care nothing about, it is not show for me or pre-ordained, and never cared for trends or organized dance (tango and latin dance aside). I am not in it for attention - though I seem to draw plenty (but also "inspire" BOTH genders to dance and just come have fun and want to dance with me! That is very cool). It is not to "be" sexual, it can and IS just sexual sometimes/sensual because of how it looks, never "intended." I will dance with a partner, stranger, male or female and I am straight. I dance because I love to and it is a great freedom. If I am connected to a song I feel it in every part of me... and the beat drives me as well. I think with a partner, it is very much like sex and making love because you respond and watch and feed off one another in ways. You draw from their body moves and fall into a like rhythm and compliment. You have to be able to tune-into that same vibe and place as what that person is putting out there and putting off, tempo change, turned up or slowed down. Once again you have to feel it~ and if it goes so far as feeling it to your innermost parts and soul- so much the better.

My male partners tend to feed off my lead and moves and move their body around mine hovering just an inch/inches away sometimes, sometimes not. Whatever the space is, they watch me and fuel themselves from this. Since I loose myself, it is hard for me to concentrate, but when I snap into awaremess, I will echo their ways to compliment if I can do the same.

I do not think it is "easy" - some people cannot dance or well and do not know how or have rhythm, BUT - like kissing and anything else, practice can certainly make better. Loosing inhibitions and loosing one's "self" seems a great tool. Do not dillude. Explore.

I hope that helps some.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i cannot sit still when music is playing chair dance with r without a partner i just love to dance
what's up sunshine
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
The boys took me out to dinner a few nights ago at a pizza joint that had a live band and I couldn't NOT get up and dance! We were the only ones in the place who were dancing, so everyone was watching us, but if there's music, I'm dancing! I also get up and join the waitresses at Texas Roadhouse when they line-dance! lol
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I dance often if I'm out and the music is good. Hell, I dance in the kitchen if the music is good.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I dance for my partner. It feels good smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
The boys took me out to dinner a few nights ago at a pizza joint that had a live band and I couldn't NOT get up and dance! We were the only ones in the place who were dancing, so everyone was watching us, but if there's music, I'm dancing! I also get up and join the waitresses at Texas Roadhouse when they line-dance! lol

I could ... if they were playing the Hokey Pokey
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by Smoocher

That's what it's all about!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I really love slow dancing with Hubbie to "Three Times A Lady". A good night we will dance to half the songs.

Brandie
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
worKing in an allied industry I avoid them like the plague.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
IMHO, if it doesn't include dancing then it isn't a party, and the spot can't be a "club."
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
i LOVE. to shake it! granted these days it's often around the house -but i LIVE for a sick beat!

Say. Her. Name.

Lurker
0 likes
I love to dance, dance, dance... I used to do it quite often, I just went this last weekend and it reminded me of my passion for dancing... yes I need to pick it up again... not just at home by myself but out there with friends and perhaps someone... any one for Salsa Night?
Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes
Oh I dance everywhere. With or without a partner
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I dance in the shower!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I'm dancing by myself I'm likely just enjoying the music and don't aim for a specific style of movement. I simply follow the beat and rock to the rhythm.

If I'm dancing with someone I match their movements but also lead with my own. I try to remain two seperate people dancing individually yet together at the same time (I don't just grapple my arms around them or let them do so to me). It's difficult to describe but much easier to demonstrate.

If I'm ballroom or swing dancing, depending on my familiarity with the person, I lead in time with the beat and try not to do any steps that would clash with the other person's outfit (for example, heels and a long skirt can quickly get in the way if I step forward and make her step backward so I would stick with moves that brought her towards me, turning when necessary).

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Lurker
0 likes
I definitely dance with the purpose of having fun. It can be sexy or just for fun....either way its meant to enjoy
Lurker
0 likes
It's just an expression of how you feel. Movement to the music when in a relaxed state. Maybe
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Smoocher

awwwwwww ... giggles....

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Loner_forever
This is just a general question..

How do you dance at parties or clubs or any gatherings with good beats playing? and when i ask dance i mean with a partner like male and female...

In the city you let it all go... in the country? ... well best be careful ... Illustrating both methods below ... giggles..

1. CITY

2. COUNTRY

AND ... 3. IF YOU CAN"T FIND A PARTNER? ...