Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

if a woman tells you she loves you, would you run away?

last reply
59 replies
3.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Would you cherish that love?

Be flattered?

Run fast as the wind?

Not believe her?

Cast her aside like an old piece of gum attached to your shoe?

I'm just curious..

Thanks!!!!
0 likes
Depends on the circumstances. I am in a relationship (totally happy? Not really, but in one nonetheless) so having someone tell me that they love me could get complicated. I would have to be pretty sure of that love and of how it would be lived/expressed to accept it. So, I would likely be flattered and cherish it, but it could also be awkward for me and I'd hope the lover in question would accept that.

Now, under other circumstances (e.g. back when I was available) it would be accepted gratefully though a lot would depend on how I felt in return as to where it went from there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
no way if i was in love with her id tell them the same. However if not id say how i feel. Happy Paddys day
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
no way if i was in love with her id tell them the same. However if not id say how i feel. Happy Paddys day
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would be very flattered and would charish that LOVE, no matter, what kind and how deep of love it was, past life, soul mate, passing souls in the winds, all these loves are very special.

Some reach deeper into our souls, some even touch our hearts.

Love is endless.

D
Lurker
0 likes
awww thanks all for your answers xoxoxoxoxo
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
depends on how soon it is said, the context, and if we are in a ltr or not.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No, not really

Be flattered?
Yes

Run fast as the wind?
No, I don't run.

Not believe her/him?
I'd be dubious

Cast her/him aside like an old piece of gum attached to your shoe?
No

I'm just curious.

Four times it happened to me and each time I engineered a way to make them finish with me. Three times it was the right thing to do but one was totally wrong.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
I'd like to say I wouldn't run, but if I thought keeping going was just going to make it worse, yeah I'd end it as soon as possible.
If that's running, guilty as charged
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nope!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No we women love stronger and more deeply than men - so I would cherish the fact that she cared that strongely for me.
Lurker
0 likes
No, I wouldn't run. It is flattering. However, I do remember back in the day when I dated a lot, if a woman said it to try to push marriage, e.g. they were over thirty and getting anxious to find a husband, then it turned me off. Otherwise, it's great to here it from a lady that she loves me.
Lurker
0 likes
thank you again for your thoughts... xoxoxoxo
Lurker
0 likes
I cherish it when someone says they love me - man or woman.
I would not pursue it unless I felt the same way they did.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Who runs away from love ? I think everyone lves tibe loved.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Depends how long I've known her, if she's telling me this after knowing me a couple days I'd push her away, it takes a long time to get to know someone.
0 likes
I don't have an answer to your question seeing as it is so vague. It's like asking me if I'd like your homemade chicken noodle soup, without knowing what ingredients you use.

For the record, if a woman tells me she loves me within the six week mark of meeting her. I run like hell seeing as she's probably bat shit crazy.
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious
I don't have an answer to your question seeing as it is so vague. It's like asking me if I'd like your homemade chicken noodle soup, without knowing what ingredients you use.

For the record, if a woman tells me she loves me within the six week mark of meeting her. I run like hell seeing as she's probably bat shit crazy.

Then you are doing her a favor.

Bravo!! (I'm being sarcastic!)

You don't know what's in chicken noodle soup?
Lurker
0 likes
If you have made that kind of a connection with someone and they open up and say they love you what's wrong with that.. I think sometimes it takes a brave person to say it first!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

Make sure you check on your pet rabbit as well!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

Awww shit, she better leave fluffy snoodle pants alone!

Oh no! I saw a recipe for fluffy snoodle pants risotto in the gourmet forum. I thought it was a joke!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If a woman tells you she loves you, would you run away?
No.

Yes

Be flattered?
absolutely

Run fast as the wind?
not very likely

Not believe her?
If she knows what it means, of course I would believe her.

No

In fact, I would take it a step further and ask what it is about me that the other person loves.
Life is a risk. Yes we need to be prudent in life and with time, see who said it better, why they said it, etc. Then act accordingly as a result.
But again: life is a RISK. If I never take risks, I am never going to enjoy life for what it is: a mixture of good and bad. None of us is exempt from both. So why do we sometimes turn away the chance at something good? If a child tells me they love me, am I touched, or do I run like hell???? Life is not for the timid. It is going to make us hurt at times whether we like what is good in it or not. So why reject something
off hand that might be a blessing? Just my humble opinion.
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks for your input again...guys..

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is an eternity. ~Henry Van Dyke

People who are sensible about love are incapable of it.~Douglas Yates

We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of looking for the perfect love..~Tom Robbins
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Broccck
If a woman tells you she loves you, would you run away?
No.

Yes

Be flattered?
absolutely

Run fast as the wind?
not very likely

Not believe her?
If she knows what it means, of course I would believe her.

No

In fact, I would take it a step further and ask what it is about me that the other person loves.
Life is a risk. Yes we need to be prudent in life and with time, see who said it better, why they said it, etc. Then act accordingly as a result.
But again: life is a RISK. If I never take risks, I am never going to enjoy life for what it is: a mixture of good and bad. None of us is exempt from both. So why do we sometimes turn away the chance at something good? If a child tells me they love me, am I touched, or do I run like hell???? Life is not for the timid. It is going to make us hurt at times whether we like what is good in it or not. So why reject something
off hand that might be a blessing? Just my humble opinion.

Awww I like your answers and agree with you.
Lurker
0 likes
I never regret loving, nor the price I am happy to pay for in doing so. No matter how painful or the price of my heart and soul.. ~Daddysweetheart, aka Margot
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not at all. Hopefully i'll feel the same way about that person when i eventually hear those words