Cover picture on stories?

last reply
14 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've started including clip art pictures done in powerpoint, grouped, saved as jpegs. They have something to do with the story, and most are non-erotic.

Is this desired, appreciated, ignored, or undesired by readers?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by marktreble
I've started including clip art pictures done in powerpoint, grouped, saved as jpegs. They have something to do with the story, and most are non-erotic.

Is this desired, appreciated, ignored, or undesired by readers?

yes

It all depends on the individual reading the story. They don't do much for me personally but others like them.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I think all stories and poems should have cover photos, because it is like a book, it has something on the front. It gives someone an idea of what to look forward to. Why not make the best of what we're given to do here. That is another reason I enjoy doing audios, as well. Granted, I don't on all of them, but more times than not, I do.
Head Penguin
0 likes
As someone who reads few stories, it's not a deal breaker for me, but I think it definitely adds something to the story. I like to chose nice cover photos for my stories, which are relevant to a character or the theme of the story

Danielle x

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

0 likes
In the end, given a choice between spending on a cover and spending time on working more on the story, I'll take the latter. Given that I don't have a lot of time for working on stories, I have not been doing cover photos but I am considering it for my next story (coming soon).
0 likes
I think it is nice. It's no big deal, but it is like a virtual book cover.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Its up to you. How do you want your story presented?
Cover art is meant to attract the reader you seek. Having images that suit the theme and mood of the work can do that. Beyond that, it can be pleasing to the eye, erotic or not. In the end, the choice is yours to make.
Sophisticate
0 likes
I think that it can help you convey the mood of the story. It can give the reader some context as they read your story and provide a starting point for their imagination.
Lurker
0 likes
I agree, since discovering how to do it. I think it's something I will always try to do. Like those above I think it adds to the story by becoming almost a book cover that conveys the essence of the story that follows.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
yeah it's a good idea to give a hint to user what will be inside in story. and it's really give help to fantasied the situation of the story then a short summary.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm very much in favor of having a photo as a lead in to a story. I think it adds to the framework of the story if the picture reflects an aspect of what the story is about and is tastefully done. I thhnk it's a good way to market your story too. However, it's not a deal breaker for me if there isn't a cover photo. It's the content of the story that matters most to me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like the idea of seeing a pic of what the story is about just the same as the pics on the covers of books. It gives me an idea of what the authors had in mind when they wrote the stories. A picture is worth a thousand words they say.
English Rose
0 likes
I've haven't added covers so far, but have done for my latest story "A Bath to Remember" which will be posted later today. I have to say I think it's added loads to the general "ambiance" of what I'm trying to convey in the written word.
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sorry - making a mess of this reply and had posted a response meant for a different thread. Hope I've deleted it!

Cover art: yes please. Chosen well, a good picture or graphic design can open up very rich areas of response. Great examples are to be seen in the 1960s-series Penguin Modern Classics which used C20 Cubist, Surrealist and Expressionist works on the covers of C20 literary masterpieces. One of the most memorable was de Chirico's 'Enigma of The Hour' on the cover of Kafka's 'The Castle'...a brilliant matching of two great models of irrationality!
Lurker
0 likes
I think its an interesting way to present a story as well. It gives it style and is likely to attract readers. I'm going to add cover pictures all my stories