Linking stories

last reply
6 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A couple of questions for the mods or more experienced authors:

1. Can your stories be linked across different categories?
My first two stories are in Gay Male but Part 3 of the trilogy doesn't fit into it. Can Part 2 still be linked to Part 3?

2. Can stories by different authors be linked together?
An example could be a 2 parter about a pilot flying the London-NYC route. I wrote the UK story and someone wrote the USA one. If they were published the same day, could they be linked together?
Lurker
0 likes
1) if you're talking about the drop down box on the submission page then yes. Any of your stories can be linked to another regardless of category.

2) sadly no. You can only link stories you have written. What I would do is a small author's note at the end with a link to the other story.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I understand that it cannot be done via the drop down box.
Putting a link in a note wouldn't be possibke until both stories are published. A sort of chicken and egg situation as the edits would have to be resubmitted.
Is it possible for a mod to edit links in?
Lurker
0 likes
If you can find one not busy you can always ask.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Stories from different categories can be linked, but not stories by different authors.

You should be able to link any of your own stories.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by dpw
I understand that it cannot be done via the drop down box.
Putting a link in a note wouldn't be possibke until both stories are published. A sort of chicken and egg situation as the edits would have to be resubmitted.
Is it possible for a mod to edit links in?

You can edit stories after they've been posted. They may have to be reverified, but that should be quick if the edits are only minor.
Lurker
0 likes
So long as you don't change anything but the link, the story will not need to be reverified. I discovered this about a year ago and was thrilled! smile