last reply
9 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
how do you spot them?

I had a friend who said another one of my friends was a fake.

The supposed fake, even gave me her number and we chatted a few times.

so, who is real, who is not? lol

we may all be fakes, right?
Lurker
0 likes
I wish I could impose some wisdom on this lol. I am interested in peoples answers because I have no clue.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
the funny thing is, the "friend" who said the other friend is fake, is the one who started cursing and swearing at me, when I asked for some "proof" .

I think maybe someone is jealous lol
Lurker
0 likes
One clue are PICS! IF "selfies" look TOO good, they probably AREN'T! (HINT,: IF they are lying to you about THAT the odds are that isn't ALL they're lying about! Other GLARING mistakes regarding such things as their "profession" or their cultural background. Linguistics can also be a clue (mistakes in language usage and/or slang)
Lastly, the one thing that is CERTAIN about those who make use of this banned practice is...THEY ARE DECEITFUL and therefor NONE of their excuses and rationalizations and justifications for making use of this underhanded means of SNEAKING onto your Friends list are to be believed as those who do it ARE..." LIARS! The MOST transparent of said excuses, rationalizations and justifications being: "It's a way of making different friends"! YEAH, NO SHIT! Friends who WOULD have rejected your Friends request in a heart beat OR LESS ...IF they'd KNOWN who your conniving ass was up front! There are NO honest and honorable REASONS for making use of the BUNDLE of lies that IS a bogus profile. Nor do I respect ANYONE who chooses to defend such obvious scamming or it's perpetrators as I suspect them of having their own ulterior motives for so doing.
Sadly, the mods seem to be considerably more lenient in dealing with these people than I would. In my own opinion, EACH bogus profile should be viewed as a separate violation of the TOS. IF Admin wants to clean up the needless drama and conflict around the site their FIRST move should be to get rid of as many of this variety of trouble making scum, as they can as fast as they can! Too many GOOD people have already been run off of the site in anger, sorrow and/ or disgust by their ruthless shenanigans!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Weavindreams
ct ANYONE who chooses to defend such obvious scamming or it's perpetrators as I suspect them of having their own ulterior motives for so doing.
Sadly, the mods seem to be considerably more lenient in dealing with these people than I would. In my own opinion, EACH bogus profile should be viewed as a separate violation of the TOS. IF Admin wants to clean up the needless drama and conflict around the site their FIRST move should be to get rid of as many of this variety of trouble making scum, as they can as fast as they can! Too many GOOD people have already been run off of the site in anger, sorrow and/ or disgust by their ruthless shananigans!

plenty of people who aren't fake stir up enough drama to keep us busy. also, there are 242,866 members here. if you'd like, we could to thru their profiles one by one instead of verifiying stories? this is an adult web site. we kind of expect people to behave like adults; we can't police the internet. that's really impossible to do, even if we had the time and resources to do so. now, if you'll excuse me i have 34 stories to go read and verify. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Head Nurse
0 likes
*yawns* really this again? wait *checks calendar* oops I forgot, It is time for the monthly warning not everybody here uses their own pictures.

Fair enough, consider us all dully warned.

Now back to your regularly scheduled forum
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

plenty of people who aren't fake stir up enough drama to keep us busy. also, there are 242,866 members here. if you'd like, we could to thru their profiles one by one instead of verifiying stories? this is an adult web site. we kind of expect people to behave like adults; we can't police the internet. that's really impossible to do, even if we had the time and resources to do so. now, if you'll excuse me i have 34 stories to go read and verify. smile

Sorry to have ruffled your feathers, that was neither my meaning or intent, nor was I trying to be critical of you and your efforts. I was in reference to those who ARE caught using numerous phony profiles. At no time did I suggest that you should sort thru profiles one by one. Because, I DO well realize that it would be a monumental task. Again, please accept my apology for failing to make myself clear on those points. That said, it in NO WAY alters my opinion of those who DO utilize methods sufficiently underhanded and deceitful that they are clearly proscribed in the TOS. Or, my opinion in regard to those who are already SERIAL offenders. Thank you for the job that you and the other mods DO in trying to deal with the multitude of tasks this site necessitates.

To the lady below her, the question was asked, after trying to give SOME insight with regard to that I stated my opinion regarding individuals who are multi count offenders. I'm sorry if reading it was either a waste of your time or boring for you.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Weavindreams

Sorry to have ruffled your feathers, that was neither my meaning or intent, nor was I trying to be critical of you and your efforts. I was in reference to those who ARE caught using numerous phony profiles. At no time did I suggest that you should sort thru profiles one by one. Because, I DO well realize that it would be a monumental task. Again, please accept my apology for failing to make myself clear on those points. That said, it in NO WAY alters my opinion of those who DO utilize methods sufficiently underhanded and deceitful that they are clearly proscribed in the TOS. Or, my opinion in regard to those who are already SERIAL offenders. Thank you for the job that you and the other mods DO in trying to deal with the multitude of tasks this site necessitates.

To the lady below her, the question was asked, after trying to give SOME insight with regard to that I stated my opinion regarding individuals who are multi count offenders. I'm sorry if reading it was either a waste of your time or boring for you.

fyi - anyone caught using multiple profiles (and we do catch them quite often) has all but one deleted and is given a warning. usually that solves the issue. next time they do it they take a short vacation. if there's a third time, they're out of here.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
As I've said (or tried to) I'm sorry if my post sounded critical to you. It wasn't intended to be so. Far from it, I not only APPRECIATE what you and the other mods do here...I commend you for it. I was simply trying to state my own opinion regarding those who have MULIPLE bogus profiles. I hope the rest of your day goes better.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do believe that there are some fake profiles here in lush, alone with fake profile pictures, I can usually figure out whose real and whose not...