last reply
18 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hey everyone,

Just curious, os anyone else out there having terrible trouble connecting to Lush, then again when sending online chats?
This is occurring quite often for me now, and for lengthy periods of time. (I have checked that the internet signal is avaliable - other sites work, just not Lush)

Do any of you tech guru members have any ideas for improving or fixing this?

Thanks!

-LittleMissAus x
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had trouble getting on here at around 2-4PM EST. It's 5:18 EST and I can finally connect.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LittleMissAus
Hey everyone,

Just curious, os anyone else out there having terrible trouble connecting to Lush, then again when sending online chats?
This is occurring quite often for me now, and for lengthy periods of time. (I have checked that the internet signal is avaliable - other sites work, just not Lush)

Thanks!

-LittleMissAus x

It was a 500 error, that is with the server that Lush use. Not the site or your browser. Think it was down for a couple of hours. It all builds to the excitement when it comes back on, lol.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LittleMissAus
Hey everyone,

Thanks!

-LittleMissAus x

It was a 500 error, that is with the server that Lush use. Not the site or your browser. Think it was down for a couple of hours. It all builds to the excitement when it comes back on, lol.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Our resident code monkey, Gav, is wrestling with gremlins. Someone fed them after midnight and it stuffed up the flux capacitor.
Once they get it flushed out, I figure the site should be back up and running. (This is my opinion and does not reflect the reality of the site)
If all else fails just hit ALT+F4 and turn your phone/tablet/computer in a 360 and set it down facing a north window and it should work once you reboot the system.

Good Luck!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
yes, i keep getting an error page.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I haven't been able to get on for 12 hours. I keep getting General Error 503 and 504 errors.
0 likes
I'm back in for the first time since Monday. Wasn't able to get on from 2pm yesterday and then nothing but PM working when I first got back on. Hopefully someone will shed some light sooner or later.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
getting on today has been a real bitch.
Lurker
0 likes
happening for days now... but im glad i can msg atm
0 likes
Was there an admin message anywhere about working on things where the site would be down? All I know is I had an error message on lush today so I gave up. Last night I had problems too, and lush would not even come up, my favourites button did not work, but it worked today with some error message ON Lush and unable to view my profile or anyone's :/ Hmmm. So I am not sure if they posted anything yet, or are working on anything, but yes, Lush is having problems.

What is up?
Sophisticate
0 likes
It is after 5 PM eastern time right now. This is the first time the site has been stable for any length of time since early yesterday.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i had issues yesterday also, i guess its just one of those thingies...
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
These things just happen sometimes. Gremlins, they say? Sometimes things break in a really bad way and to fix them is... difficult. I'm sure the problems and kinks are being worked out.

Don't Panic. ;-)
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I was struggling tonight, cleared my mobile's cache completely then the site fired up straight away. Reading the recent posts though that may have been complete coincidence! The errors I saw looked like a database server connection prob xx
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
Things happen with computers and servers from time to time. Rest assured, The Man (Gav), is aware of it and not even he can fix things if he is sleeping. We all need to remember he does what he does here outside of his real occupation and is not always able to right things as soon as they happen. Some things take longer. Patience and understanding from everyone is muchly appreciated. So when the site goes down, he knows about it. Its good opportunity for people to get outdoors and get some fresh air anyway.
Mazztastic
0 likes
You know, some of the old timers will remember this, but lush used to go down every day for about an hour (it was the only time of day I'd get anything done! Lol). Then there was that one time when it was down for 48 hours while they changed servers or something... Loads of people joined the blue site over that period, just so they could stay in touch with their pals!!

It's funny, I'm in touch with most of my closest lush buddies outwith this place now and I can keep in touch whether lush is up or not...

The site did seem a little wobbly today, but generally speaking, it's really stable, which is testament to the hard work that gav has put in and the investment in flashy new thingy nubbins that the site runs on...

You youngsters don't know you've got it good bwahaha ha!!
(I know, I sound like an old sod!)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sugarbaby and I had connection problems yesterday (4/22) and couldn't get on Lush at all the whole day. So I spent the day working on another story and putting some up on My tumblr site (why waste a perfectly good day!)

I understand that occasionally Lush will have problems and the only real worry I had was that I wouldn't get to put up something on Mazza's wall for her birthday! ;) But I got in a window where it was up and made it in time.

Yes we all have to realize that our venerable Gav has one of those "life" things and that much as we would like, he can't dedicate his very existence to keeping Lush problem free. So here's to our Lush team and the work they do - we all appreciate it even if the occasional gremlin gets in!

I do find it rather ironic, however, that the OP would put a thread up about connection problems on Lush when they were having trouble connecting to Lush! LOL!
Story Verifier
0 likes
Yeah, let's not do that again. I took all my anxiety meds.

I'm kidding of course. I designed all this crap for 35 years and it happens for no apparent reason at times. That's what bugs are all about. I think Gav and the entire crew do a marvelous job. And it's all volunteer too. You guys have all of my respect.

Thank you.
I am always a gentleman.