Men who are openly misogynistic

last reply
8 replies
1.1k views
1 watcher
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
What is your take girls, on men who are right up front about their misogyny and patriarchal beliefs?
Lurker
0 likes
Well if a guy doesn't like me because of my gender then clearly we have nothing to talk about. I'd also assume he's struggling with his sexuality because it makes no sense to hate the gender you want to have sex with.

However, some guys seem to espouse misogynistic views, but they don't really. They're just the bristly tough ass or what have you, they're not deep and seriously misogynistic.

The later is a bit more common - and I think that's altered what misogyny is seen as (and the flip: misandry: is also skewed for the same reason). Many men and women have never experienced it. People tend to associate pro-life views and a whole range of things to misogyny when it's not at all associated with it.
Lurker
0 likes
I would instantly think that you're the sort of person who kills women in his spare time. And then run, very fast.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I don't think much of them. My vagina's not going anywhere. Even still, they have the issue, not me. As long as they're not pissing in my cheerios every morning, their views and small-mindedness are of no consequence to me.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

0 likes
I really don't like when either gender is bitter toward the other and demonstrates that sort of behavior. It is a real turn-off, it is an unbecoming trait in my opinion when it belittles and dismisses, therefore I think it is sad. Opinions are different than using those disrespectfully. I feel that when it comes to society there are both patriarchal and matriarchal cultures who embrace one or the other more openly, so having strong beliefs from religion or culture into the male and female roles is one thing, and bitterness and resentment is another.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is a strange and curious question. It makes me curious as to why you want to know.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I assume they are uneducated and inexperienced with life outside their own flawed bubble, or that they have been deeply scarred and fucked up by their past relationships with women. Possibly a little of both.

They can be open about it, but it doesn't mean I have to listen. And I don't. smile
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I detest men like that, but as long as they have no power or influence they can stew in their pathetic prejudices.