romantic vs. horny

last reply
18 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Guys how do you express your romanticism to a woman other than constantly humping her
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Respect! Show your appreciation! Hugs, kisses.
Lurker
0 likes
Charm and romance start but the horny side of me always takes over and wins
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Amylovelace
Guys how do you express your romanticism to a woman other than constantly humping her

Holding her gently: asking her how her day was, massaging her feet, showing my appreciation towards her, sharing the household chores with her, taking her out to wherever she likes best, and above all, listening to what she has to say, and then showing consideration for each others wishes etc.....

X.
Lurker
0 likes
Passionately kissing her. and her whole body and taking things slowly.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I don't think that I need to 'express' my romanticism: it's often obvious to most girls that I'm romantic in the way I act (even when I try so hard to conceal it).

Just like Einstein didn't need to 'express' that he was a genius, or Ghandi didn't need to 'express' that he had a kind soul.

Qualities or attributes that need to be 'expressed' are more often than not a whole lot of bullshit. The same applies to romanticism: there's absolutely nothing romantic in and of itself about offering flowers, valentine cards or compliments. It's all about where your actions stem from, nothing else.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Kindness, affection, courtesy, chivalry; all practiced whenever I'm NOT trying to get in her pants. Only being nice or affectionate when you want to score is just what it takes to turn a relationship bad. At that point she'll read every act of kindness or affection as a pass and quickly shut you out.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Amylovelace

I'm like "get on your knees and suck my dick or I'll blow your brains out."
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
It took me years of practice, but I'm finally getting better at expressing my romanticism with those Valentine's cards.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Getting her small gifts that don't cost a lot, but are things that make her life easier that she wouldn't have gotten herself.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was born romantic....We are a dying breed....I just act as myself...If i am with a woman, then there is no other...She is the centre of everything.
Chuckanator
0 likes
For me it is about treating her with love and respect. Foreplay starts long before any touching occurs. Some will say flowers and candy. I think she wants dialogue and sharing and self sacrifice. So many women feel overwhelmed with responsibility and then are suppose to 'put out' at bed time, when they are drained with responsibility. If you are in a two person working household a majority of men think that " woman's work" is beneath them. So rather than flowers, do the laundry or cook the meal. Including dishes. In place of candy, take her for a walk and tell her how much you love her. I promise you will be rewarded big time in the sack.
Lurker
0 likes
Let her know you are thinking about her, even at inappropriate times. If you really care about her, she will wander into your thoughts with alarming regularity.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm aware this is ask the guys, but I'm curious - do men generally care less about romanticism,or is that just a bad stereotype?
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by AriOli101
I'm aware this is ask the guys, but I'm curious - do men generally care less about romanticism,or is that just a bad stereotype?

From my experience, it's a bad stereotype. I would probably say a majority of the guys I know are very romantic, or try to be. They care a lot about making an evening or an occasion special for their lady, and are not only thinking about sex.

I like to do romantic things. I like to do things I know she will enjoy a lot, and that show that I really care about her and her interests. I like to surprise her with flowers. I like to take her out for a nice meal at aswanky restaurant. I like to make her feel really special.

With my ex, our first proper date was to go see stand-up comedy, because I knew how much she loved live comedy. She really appreciated the thought and consideration I put into that.

Some girls just appreciate me offering my arm as we walk, or my jacket when it gets cold. Little things can be just as nice as grand gestures. Call me old-fashioned, but a man should express his romanticism in every little way he can.
Lurker
0 likes
I build her up, encourage her, protect her and serve her. I might even write a poem or two.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Intimacy. Whether it be a warm hug or just listening to how her day went, showing you care and love her is most important to a relationship.
A good hump is important too, but becomes far less important the longer you're with someone. At least that's the case for me.
"Being male is a matter of birth.
Being a man is a matter of age.
Being a gentleman is a matter of choice."
Lurker
0 likes
I kiss her, hold and cuddle with her. I take her on dates to upscale places, candlelight dinners. Eventually it turns to sex, but she wants it as much as I do.