Feminine hygeine

last reply
32 replies
3.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Curiosity kills - in a different thread far far away the topic of erotica (like novellas and novels) and feminine hygiene came up (or: lack thereof)

Someone was bothered that hygiene wasn't referred to often. (Example: after having adventurous sex the couple goes out for the night without her taking the time to douche)

And that made me wonder just how many women actually douche - and if they do so after sex. I would never really include that in my stories because I've never done it. It always sounded like some strange, weird thing to do like purging your stomach or washing out your lungs. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The only time I flush my kitty is after my monthly visitor leaves. Have never thought about doing it after sex.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Maybe I'm weird or paranoid but I clean the litterbox often. I never know when he's going to want to mess with it and I don't want him finding cat food!! If we didn't do it very often that would be different but he'd play 2x a day or more if he could.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by gunshopgirl
Maybe I'm weird or paranoid but I clean the litterbox often. I never know when he's going to want to mess with it and I don't want him finding cat food!! If we didn't do it very often that would be different but he'd play 2x a day or more if he could.

if you're putting cat food in your vagina, yeah, you really would want to douche regularly. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
a shower usually does it for a quick freshening up after sex and for the deep cleaning I like to soak in the tub.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I never never douche. It's actually not good for u, but squishing hot water up there is. But yeah, I tend to shower soon after my guy cums in me. And I hold the shower head to my hole every morning to make sure I don't stink down there.
0 likes
I am big on hygiene. Feminine hygiene is important but {^like the post above me said} not some weird masking thing or unnatural, etc. I was taught about the douche thing when I was young and yet found it about as attractive to me and needed as an enima. I have seen stories about the latter, as a fetish of authors HERE on Lush and read it in a story. I have not ever needed to do either one and found out that it really isn't nessicary to be "fresh." I prefer a shower anyway, (bidet's are great or shower massagers for that sort work too).

However~ when reading a story, (any story, especially fiction and fantasy fiction) I really find it hard to swallow that no one EVER goes to the bathroom on these long journey's, not even to pee, and no mishaps EVER transpire as a result. I think it could be used to an authors advantage to write with more of a realistic feel and ring of truth to include 'some' bits IF it helps the story and seems to naturally fit. I am not saying that it must always have graphic or egregious details- only such as is really a plus.

Douching might not be realistic for everyone or a practice of the character... it isn't for me, and I doubt it would be for any character in my writing, but you might find certain 'other' things slipped in there. Plus~ I simply do not find it attractive. It would be what works for the story.

And I absolutely DETEST the smell of vinegar-nor do I want my privates rinsed in that as some douche's are vinegar & I don't care how much my mom uses it for everything.
I prefer my natural ~ clean, shower freshness. PH or scent has not been a problem for me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm 50+, no more rags nor tampons Thank God! This is extremely important to me. The evils re douching are unfounded. Other than too much of anything can be bad. The tv doctors who rage against it also claim that shaving is unnecessary.

Start with the douche nozzle. I used to have a 4" skinny pipe that barely went anywhere. I could never clean up after my period. Had little "red afters" or, well, you get it... Then I connected with a Faultless Bulb. Cost $10. The nozzle is 5" long & 1/2" wide, curved and fluted (enhances exit flow). The end is shaped with two holes facing four different directions. The bulb reservoir, which the nozzle screws onto, holds .5L. It's made to flush water into every nook & cranny.

Since getting this, never again have I dealt with leftover period clots. As for cum? No more an issue either. Some women, like me, are sensitive to how semen changes vag ph. I hated "afters" the day following sex. The smell, and how I felt glued together. This doucher took care of all that.

Most of the time I used 1T white vinegar, followed by two clear rinses. If a period, or yeast infection left me raw, I'd use 1t baking soda instead. When I'd shower, I'd use 1t vinegar w/1 rinse. I felt great, my pussy felt and smelled the best it ever has.

During one of my pap exams, a wet slide was examined. The doctor came back and exclaimed that my vagina was the healthiest and cleanest she'd ever seen. Could have told her that...

Thankfully now I'm too old for periods; and hygiene is easier. I stick to the above routine, although not necessary as often. I hope this helps. It has given me self confidence. Proper twat hygiene means I always smell and taste my best, which is sweet and mild.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by 1LovelyKinkyKitsune
I am big on hygiene. Feminine hygiene is important but {^like the post above me said} not some weird masking thing or unnatural, etc. I was taught about the douche thing when I was young and yet found it about as attractive to me and needed as an enima. I have seen stories about the latter, as a fetish of authors HERE on Lush and read it in a story. I have not ever needed to do either one and found out that it really isn't nessicary to be "fresh." I prefer a shower anyway, (bidet's are great or shower massagers for that sort work too).

However~ when reading a story, (any story, especially fiction and fantasy fiction) I really find it hard to swallow that no one EVER goes to the bathroom on these long journey's, not even to pee, and no mishaps EVER transpire as a result. I think it could be used to an authors advantage to write with more of a realistic feel and ring of truth to include 'some' bits IF it helps the story and seems to naturally fit. I am not saying that it must always have graphic or egregious details- only such as is really a plus.

Douching might not be realistic for everyone or a practice of the character... it isn't for me, and I doubt it would be for any character in my writing, but you might find certain 'other' things slipped in there. Plus~ I simply do not find it attractive. It would be what works for the story.

And I absolutely DETEST the smell of vinegar-nor do I want my privates rinsed in that as some douche's are vinegar & I don't care how much my mom uses it for everything.
I prefer my natural ~ clean, shower freshness. PH or scent has not been a problem for me.

A couple things about this post: there are very good reasons why a person might require an enema, it's not actually for hygiene. It's to stimulate a bowel movement.

Vinegar is very natural, essentially it's soured fruit juice.
0 likes
Quote by Dirty_D

A couple things about this post: there are very good reasons why a person might require an enema, it's not actually for hygiene. It's to stimulate a bowel movement.

Vinegar is very natural, essentially it's soured fruit juice.

Yes. I was not talking about the formal use-as I am aware what an enema is used for, even if I do not use it. That is not the topic, though, or the lines of why I even mentioned it. I simply said I do not need and do not use but mentioned a Lush story where it was being used in the 'erotic sense' (even a fetish for some people as mentioned on Lush; though I had not heard of this before), AND the 'hygiene' sense (to be clean and empty) for 'anal' sex. (So, obviously some people DO use it for that purpose, whether to the same end-pardon the pun.)

I know about vinegar. As I said, my mother has many home uses with it for many things and swears by it, too. I know it is natural, but I said I just DO NOT LIKE THE SMELL. I like pickles and vinegar chips but otherwise I do not wish to smell like it and I have difficulty tolerating the smell for cleaning, or hair washing, etc. I just do not like it and do not use it for "hygiene".

What I said is merely my own personal choice and opinion.
A lot of people use it... a lot of people use all of these-just not me, and in a story, it would really depend on if it "added to" or was needed, if I would care for that. Sometimes we can do without or have it implied. Other people may like, but those two things I mentioned I would not care for in reading in a story, just speaking my pwn personal preference.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

if you're putting cat food in your vagina, yeah, you really would want to douche regularly. smile
==(quote) LMAO! "Cat food" is what we call it when someone has a dirty vajayjay!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
an old joke:

what did the blind man say as he walked past the fish market? Hello girls!
Head Penguin
0 likes
I just wash my in box during my daily shower. I don't go for vag-specific douches.

My only variation, is that I don't shower at the gym if the reds are at home.

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I take a hot bath after sex (and before), especially if I've had more than one partner cum in me, unless its bedtime and then I sometimes wait till morning. I only douche maybe once a month after my period unless I'm with a fussy lesbian who has a hang-up about having sex with me if a man has cum in me recently. Enemas before anal, if practical.
Lurker
0 likes
Douching removes the healthy acidic nature that exists within your vagina, so it actually does more harm than good. All you really need to do is remember to wash it with a gentle unscented soap, and to urinate after sex to prevent urinary tract infections
Lurker
0 likes
Idk you guys, I would rather douche after I get my monthly. Just to know nothing is up there.. and whenever I know I'm going to have sex I know I fresh there also
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have never douched my vagina or tried to swill it out lol in any way or form and doubt i ever will. The vagina is supposed to be self cleaning, and it is to an extent that's why we get discharge etc but I do know what you girls are on about when you say the cum is left up there and it all can smell and feel a bit nasty the next day, normally though just a regular wash of my vagina on the outside gets rid of the smell!
Everything happens for a reason. Live for the moment and have no regrets.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
As a pre-op transexual, I just wash everything real well...
Lurker
0 likes
I am nearly fifty and in the last few months visits have ceased being as regular as clockwork. For some reason I am more sensitive about keeping clean and fresh down there so wash much more thoroughly outside and in -- but only with warm water
0 likes
Like Dirty_D said, an enema is usually given to prompt a bowel movement in a patient unable to pass his/her own stool without assistance. As far as douching goes, no medical reason to do it, the vagina is a self-cleansing organ, and honestly? The thought of my pussy smelling (and tasting) like artificial wildflowers kind of weirds me out.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As a an that cannot go without oral sex a clean pussy and butt is very important. Had a one nighter a few years ago and was horny as hell but when I started to dine at the Y. The aroma was not the best.

What did I do? Stopped pleasuring her and just fucked her and left town
Lurker
0 likes
Fucking a girl who is having her period is very exciting for the girl and a buzz for the guy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I very seldom feel the need to DEEP CLEAN the kitty. However, if I know someone might visit via the back door, then a DEEP CLEANING of that area is called for.
Lurker
0 likes
I douche the kitty as the shower head does the job nicely and is very pleasurable but the back door is another matter. I like to feel scrupulously there, and douche here very regulary.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by sexstarveddude
Fucking a girl who is having her period is very exciting for the girl and a buzz for the guy

Not always exciting for the girl. Count me as one girl not interested in being fucked then.
0 likes
I think hygiene is very important - as well as showering and bathing: (before and after whenever possible)... Someone is conscious about good hygiene and grooming is really the only way for me.

Their cleaning choices do not matter so much to me, or how they got clean, just that they are clean. (If they smell and taste nice... is what I care about, a natural way is good as far as soap and water, toothpaste and deoderant go a long way~)
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Douching is a totally unnecessary process. The vagina is pretty much a self cleansing organ
I find just showering it bathing after sex to be ample
Also douching can be very harmful as that some douches actually remove the good bacteria inside the vaginal walls. This can lead to infections and possible diseases such as chlamydia
Google the effects if douching or on webmd
Balloonmeister
0 likes
Sorry for the intrusion here ladies but here is one man's point of view. Sex without being fresh from a shower/bath for all involved is a total turn off for me. In most of my stories here I include something about "freshening up" prior to the act. One exception to that is "The Pastor's Wife". There she enjoys the smell of the hard working young man who she seduces but she on the other hand is fresh from a dip in the pool. I love to go down on a nice fresh pussy. I give the same courtesy to the ladies who are kind enough to pleasure me.
Have you ever had an "Airgasm"? Take a sexy ride in a hot air balloon and enjoy the view from a mile high.

Mile High Club in a Balloon