black box?

last reply
7 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Excuse me, I'm new here. What does Black Box-ing someone mean? I've sen the phrase a couple times now.
Head Nurse
0 likes
If you send an "online message" (available to those on your friends list) a small black box will open in the top right of your screen.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Thanks Dianna. Looking forward to reading your competition piece, but right now I have a tooth out and am on painkillers, that, while kinda fun, aren't going to lead me to the close read it deserves. Hopefully tomorrow.
Senior Analyst
0 likes
Quote by Verbal
Excuse me, I'm new here. What does Black Box-ing someone mean? I've sen the phrase a couple times now.

Similarly, I'm rather new here -- is a "poke" a special kind of a black box instant message?
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Porgy87

Similarly, I'm rather new here -- is a "poke" a special kind of a black box instant message?

You can poke friends via their profile or the drop down list against their profile avatar on your friends list (via the button far right in the header) and basically that person gets a black box saying something like 'You have just been poked by Porgy87 poke them back or send a message'.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
Just to add, if you're talking to someone and she says she's being "black boxed", it means that she is being inundated with online messages. Happens to me after I post a story, and I can't be the only one.

You're not alone