Chop my hair?

last reply
13 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm thinking of chopping my hair off for the summer?? I've never had short hair. My girlfriends say guys prefer long hair. Is this true? IDK? I think a pixie cut would be cute or like bangs and shoulder length. Do you girls have any advice? Who's chopped their hair and how did it go?
Lurker
0 likes
Love short hair. Guys do seem to prefer longer, but it is your hair. Hair grows back, enjoy the change.
0 likes
I have hair that is somewhat apast my tush. It is black and straight. I have often been complimented and told how very sexy this is, etc. I do not put a great deal of stock into flattery and things really, but I have heard a lot of comments. I still frequently thought that a bob of a 1920-30's cut would be very cute, but not on me (unfortunately not so flattering with my nose really. I tried it once.) Guys have always told me not to cut my hair and begged me not to. Judging by who have told me I should cut my hair and who have told me not to and what they say- I think I am keeping it long for as long as I can. It's not heavy, no headaches or anything, and less work too. I keep it because it is more a reflection of what suits me. Long hair is considered sexual and sensual on both sexes if it is flattering and it is considered feminine on females. I am less concerned with what people think, though, and more about what seems right for me, and how I feel. I am very feminine and I like running my fingers through and the feel like cold silk that can be worn as a wrap around my body. It has been something I very am very used to, and that, probably more than anything, is why I keep it, because I like change -that is not the issue, although I am not someone who feels a needs to change.

I do say that when I am older, I may cut it all off, give my hair to my lover (as it is a piece of me, if they want) and cut it in a bob and dye it red! lol and I might! - someday~ but not today.

So that is your call. (This is how I feel for myself I wouldn't, no way.) 'But you should do whatever makes you feel good.
Brown Sugar
0 likes
Quote by VirginalViet
I'm thinking of chopping my hair off for the summer?? I've never had short hair. My girlfriends say guys prefer long hair. Is this true? IDK? I think a pixie cut would be cute or like bangs and shoulder length. Do you girls have any advice? Who's chopped their hair and how did it go?

My hair is down my back almost to my butt. I've chopped it off twice in my life, and deeply regretted the decision both times. The men I dated at the time said they loved the cut, but they preferred my hair long. It's my hair and my decision, but I prefer long hair.

I have a suggestion. Get a short wig, and wear it for as long as you can stand it. If you enjoy the length, then chop away!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had hair to my butt for years, and recently cut it to shoulder blade length. I do miss longer hair, however this length is still enough to do styles with. Maybe try something medium length first, and see how that goes. Then go really short.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
My hair has been mid to lower back for as long as I can remember. I have wanted to go short on several occasions (esp this summer!) but two different BFs have begged me not to... so yes, I think guys definitely prefer long hair.

There are pros and cons, I guess. You can definitely do more with long hair. Have you tried one of those under pin-and-tuck styles that make long hair look shorter? You can always put some longish layers in the front and then try something like this.
http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2012/01/how-to-style-long-hair-short.html

I wear my hair up a lot but yeah... I'll admit there's something inherently sexy about long hair when naked or going out at night in a sexy outfit. Having said that, you can technically always cut it short(er) and then just use clip-in extensions to get a longer look. I have a friend that does that because she needs to wear her hair shoulder-length for professional reasons. She had her stylist custom-colour the extensions and when she wears them, it's totally seamless - you would swear she has long beautiful hair.

Anyway, I don't know how long your hair is now, but maybe you're just looking for a change in general. Take off 2 inches and chop some long layers in... maybe go for long and sleek with full bangs. Put some highlights or low-lights in or try a different colour altogether. That might be enough to feel like you've changed up your look but without any drastic commitments. I'm the same way in spring/fall... I'm always looking for a bit of a change.
Lurker
0 likes
Short hair is gorgeous....especially super short. For those who can pull it off..

I'm kind of sick of the long haired look..because everyone has it now..(past shoulder length)
(Sorry. Not trying to offend anyone)

I have medium length hair...

Good luck..it will grow back..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My hair has been pretty long for as long my whole life. It will range fromjust below the shoulder to mid back. Sometimes I think about going much shorter, especially as I get older. Short hair can be every sexy on some women.

Maybe you should post this on "Ask the Guys" since you are concerned how the guys will feel about it.
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
One of my brothers got a buzz cut at a friend's house on Christmas Eve after we'd been out drinking. My friend's Hoover exploded as she tried to clear up and my Mum cried when she saw him on Christmas morning.

If you feel like a change, do it. If you like it, the fact that you're happy will attract guys anyway.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by VirginalViet
(...) My girlfriends say guys prefer long hair. Is this true?

If your main intent is to please guys, I guess you should have asked this question in Ask the Guys.

Anyway, as a guy anything shorter than this is basically a turn-off for me, and I know plenty of guys who share the same opinion:

If you insist on going shorter, I would at least advise you to keep a certain length with enough style to keep it feminine (left). A pixie cut is a big turn-off for me (right):

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by VirginalViet
I'm thinking of chopping my hair off for the summer?? I've never had short hair. My girlfriends say guys prefer long hair. Is this true?

I'm one of the guys that prefers short hair. I tend to notice the women with short hair when I enter the room before any of the other women. For me, I think it is because the women that cut their hair short do so because they have a really pretty face. Next time you go out, actively look at the women with short hair, they tend to have gorgeous faces. I also think it takes a certain type of personality to go ahead and cut it all off. Daring, playful.

And when I say short I do mean short. Not shoulder length.

Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I'll be cliche and cheesy for a moment: Do whatever you want, as long as you think it looks good.

Even though guys do have their preferences when it comes to hair, it isn't much of a deal breaker. Not many guys are gonna be like, 'OMG, total package...too bad about the hair.' I mean as long as it's neat and clean and doesn't make them question your hygiene.

As far as have I ever cut it, yes I have. Right before I got to high school I had it cut short. Worst mistake I ever made given my bone structure and hair grain and texture (curly as fuck). It looked decent straight, but my mom never let me get a relaxer no matter how much I begged and flat irons caused lots of damage. I ended up having to cut it even more and just give it a while to recover.

I wouldn't cut it now because it suits me and my lifestyle because it's so low maintenance.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
I know it can be a mess to deal with...but eventually you will move on to "Mommy Hair" and then "Grandma Hair" even if you never have kids....so hold out with your beautiful long hair as long as possible.