Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What qualities do you esteem the most in a relationship?

last reply
10 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Chuckanator
0 likes
A pretty general question. But when seeking a new relationship I am pretty superficial. I'm a sucker for a pretty face and sculpted body. That raw attraction is a compelling and powerful. However, when I am in a relationship, it all changes. It quickly goes from the physical into the emotional and even spiritual. I desire loyalty, commitment, and trust. The physical stuff is easy. The rest is hard work and effort. Probably why many people play out they chemistry thing and move on. Simpler than dealing with all those emotions.

"I'll call you sometime."

"Yeah, right!"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In a relationship, trust is number 1 for me! Then it would be the usual:love, compassion, commitment, loyalty etc, but for me it would also be fun. I wouldn't be able to be in a relationship without fun. I'm a naturally happy person, so I just couldn't wake up next to someone who's not fun everyday.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Besides love and trust? Infinite patience.
Lurker
0 likes
Honesty and Trust.

(Without that... NOTHING...)

xx SF
Lurker
0 likes
I agree trust must come first, then openness and honesty, tolerance, caring and love
Lurker
0 likes
Honesty & Openness.
Lurker
0 likes
Someone who can make me laugh and forget the time because we have such awesome chemistry draws me in. Staying power revolves around good communication, respect, and enjoying each other's company.
Lurker
0 likes
loyalty, honesty, understanding, brains, and even a little jealousy
Lurker
0 likes
intelligence, honesty, trust, manners, a sensual edge
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ChuckEPoo
A pretty general question. But when seeking a new relationship I am pretty superficial. I'm a sucker for a pretty face and sculpted body. That raw attraction is a compelling and powerful. However, when I am in a relationship, it all changes. It quickly goes from the physical into the emotional and even spiritual. I desire loyalty, commitment, and trust. The physical stuff is easy. The rest is hard work and effort. Probably why many people play out they chemistry thing and move on. Simpler than dealing with all those emotions.

"Yeah, right!"

Honestly the movie he's just not that into you , cleared up how I feel about the ill call you later stuff.

I am attracted to intelligence. If you can't use proper grammar and everything is slang then I am beyond turned off. I love a good sense of humor and I have a tendency to go for the guys that aren't a stereotypical sexy but are incredibly sexy to me
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ChuckEPoo

"Yeah, right!"

That's true - people would rather avoid the more intense issues. Even in marriage that can be the case.

But you also have to be with someone who is worth it - who, when together - it feels 2nd nature to work on these things and secure a solid relationship. And both people have to share the same level of commitment and desire.

After being married for 11 years I appreciate straight forward conversation when it comes to tense issues in order to avoid generalizations, miscommunication, and absolutely skewed sentiments and hurt feelings. Even after the bizarre and rocky road we've gone down filled with alcoholism and angst - I never lost trust.

Loyalty is a concept I feel strange to apply to humans - to me that's sort of an underpinning to love.