Login

Hey, I need some help

last reply
6 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
My story "Samuel," submitted back in May, had to be broken up for being over the word count. I split it into three parts, but somehow in the resubmitting the second chapter got lost. I asked that the third chapter not be put up until we'd dealt with the second, but here we are a month later, the third is still up, the second isn't, and I have no idea why. I'm not getting any reply from the Admin, who I'm sure is very busy and who, to be clear, I'm not throwing rocks at at all.

Submitting it over the word count was my mistake. I know I write longer than Lush publishes, it's why I don't often publish here. I should have checked more carefully. The word count on one of my published stories here is close to 11k and I just dopey-do figured that meant the word count was something like 15k and Samuel would be fine. Mea culpa.

Can we just please fix my poor broken baby? I've got a lot of hours in that story and when it's whole I think it's pretty good. Please let me know if you have the middle part- I've sent it twice- and please, pretty please, take down the third part until the second is up.

Thanks for your time.
Story Verifier
0 likes
I don't know if I can do anything about the second chapter as it's not in your stories list, and I don't know if there is a backup where Gav can access individual story submissions.

But what you can do is to hide the third chapter. If you click on the "My Stories" link in the popup menu that appears when you hover over the cog wheel at the top, you'll find a "hide story" link next to each published story. This way, you can put it online again yourself once the missing part has been restored.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Hidden. And thank you. Will it mess up the works if I submit the second part again? Don't want to keep lobbing the same story into someone's inbox again and again if that's not the hangup. I know the site links chapters together, will it work if I submit the second chapter linked to the first with the third already there and linking to the first as well?

I really do appreciate the quick response. I recall this site as feeling more collaborative than some, glad to have that reinforced.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by SixtyMinuteMan
Hidden. And thank you. Will it mess up the works if I submit the second part again? Don't want to keep lobbing the same story into someone's inbox again and again if that's not the hangup. I know the site links chapters together, will it work if I submit the second chapter linked to the first with the third already there and linking to the first as well?

I really do appreciate the quick response. I recall this site as feeling more collaborative than some, glad to have that reinforced.

Please resubmit the second part again and we will get it verified for you.

Don't worry about linking the chapters, this can be done at any time, no problem smile
Clumeleon
0 likes
I have verified this now, so you can show part 3 again if you wish.

EDIT: And I've updated all your links, so readers can read straight through from part 1 to 3.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Thanks, clum. Part 3 is back up. And thanks a lot for the comment, glad you liked it.