last reply
14 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Site administrator
0 likes
You will need:

1 x steak approx. 8oz (pre-packed from the supermarket)
Thin style chips (come in a bag from the supermarket)
Beer battered onion rings (come in a bag from the supermarket)
Peppercorn sauce (comes in a pouch; not a bag, from the supermarket)

The preparation and cooking (more for the skilled chef I have to say):

Whack the steak in the grill, having taken all the packaging off, and on a high heat grill for 3 minutes either side (rare)
Cut the tops off the bags of chips and onion rings and chuck some of each in the deep fat fryer (fry for about 5 minutes shaking the basket thingy a few times)
Cut the top off the pouch of sauce and bung that in the microwave for 2 minutes.

Time all of the above so that everything is done to perfection and served hot.

Enjoy .. throw all the dirty crockery and cutlery etc. in the dishwasher when you have finished.

I understand the preparation and cooking is fairly intense, skilled and time consuming for this recipe but the result is well worth it.
Head Nurse
0 likes
or an alternative peppercorn steak, for those without a microwave

Steak au Poivre with Brandied Cream Sauce

Sauce

4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium shallot, minced
1 cup low-sodium beef broth
3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon brandy
1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
table salt

Steaks

4 strip steaks (8 to 10 ounces each), 3/4 to 1 inch thick and no larger than 3 inches at widest points, trimmed of exterior gristle
table salt
1 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed
1. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in 12-inch heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat; when foaming subsides, add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add beef and chicken broths, increase heat to high, and boil until reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 8 minutes. Set reduced broth mixture aside. Rinse and wipe out skillet.

2. Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt; rub one side of each steak with 1 teaspoon crushed peppercorns, and, using fingers, press peppercorns into steaks to make them adhere.

3. Place now-empty skillet over medium heat until hot, about 4 minutes. Lay steaks unpeppered-side down in hot skillet, increase heat to medium-high, firmly press down on steaks with bottom of cake pan, and cook steaks without moving them until well-browned, about 6 minutes. Using tongs, flip steaks, firmly press down on steaks with bottom of cake pan, and cook on peppered side, about 3 minutes longer for rare, about 4 minutes longer for medium-rare, or about 5 minutes longer for medium. Transfer steaks to large plate and tent loosely with foil to keep warm.

4. Pour reduced broth, cream, and 1/4 cup brandy into now-empty skillet; increase heat to high and bring to boil, scraping pan bottom with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Simmer until deep golden brown and thick enough to heavily coat back of metal tablespoon or soup spoon, about 5 minutes. Off heat, whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons butter, remaining 1 tablespoon brandy, lemon juice or vinegar, and any accumulated meat juices. Adjust seasonings with salt.

5. Set steaks on individual dinner plates, spoon portion of sauce over steaks, and serve immediately.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Haven't had a steak au poivre in forever. The one restaurant that used to make them crackle eventually closed, and every other experience of them proved pale leaving me wanting. Nothing worse than a bland pepper steak. Not sure I could accomplish this, but if you were to invite me to dinner, I make a wonderful caesar salad and tartare...the extent of my cooking!
Lurker
0 likes
Oi! Stop giving people ideas on how to serve me, or I'll look up Skunk recipes
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by SirLoin
Oi! Stop giving people ideas on how to serve me, or I'll look up Skunk recipes

Mmmmmmmm SirLoin you do look Delish

ROAST SKUNK

1 skunk, scent bag removed
2 sliced carrots
1 c. clear soup
1 tsp. onion juice

Dissolve 1 chicken bouillon cube in 1 cup of hot water. Skin, clean, and remove scent bag from skunk. Parboil in salted water 15 minutes. Drain off water. Then place meat in fresh water and steam until tender, about 1 hour.
Transfer to roasting pan and put in oven at 375°F. Add 1 cup of clear soup broth, 2 sliced carrots and 1 teaspoon of onion juice. Cook, uncovered, for 2 hours.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
Is that one of Deliah's recipes?
Lurker
0 likes
BAKED SKUNK
Baked skunk is delicious and these little animals with the black stripes down their backs are useful after all. In order to have baked skunk for Sunday dinner you must first obtain the skunk. This isn't easy. The method recommended by many Northern trappers is the oldtime box trap. You can make one of these traps to take to your summer cabin and have meat nd protection at the same time.

Once you get the skunk in the box trap, the really delicate work beings. Attach a long pole to the box trap and take the skunk carefully to the nearest water hole and drown him. This method is very humane and you can wash the skunk at the same time.

After the skunk is drowned skim him carefully and make sure you remove the scent sack under the tail as it might taint the meat. After the skunk is cut up and quartered you put the meat in a pan and sprinkle paprika, sage, salt and pepper along with some onion and you can bake the skunk meat until tender.

Invite your mother-in-law and you no doubt know some politicians intimately who you would invite for dinner?

Good Luck!
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
French Fried Skunk

Ingredients:

Servings:
3-4
Units: US | Metric
2 skunks, skinned and cleaned
1 tablespoon salt
water, to cover
2 cups bear fat or 2 cups lard
2 egg yolks, beaten
3 cups milk or 3 cups cream
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons baking powder
Directions:

Clean and wash the skunks, making sure that the scent glands are removed.
Cut up into small serving pieces.
Put a soup kettle on the stove and add the meat.
Cover with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat.
Lower the heat and boil until the meat is tender, about 40 minutes.
Remove all the scum that rises to the surface.
Make a batter by mixing together the egg yolks, milk, flour, salt and baking powder.
Mix real good until the batter is about like cake batter.
Heat the bear fat or lard in a deep fryer to about 360 degrees.
Dip the pieces of skunk in the batter and then fry them in the deep fryer until golden brown.
Drain well and serve.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
The problem with that recipe KK is that it needs 2 skunks, that means he's got an excuse to breed!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for the recipe folks........lovely meal this evening ? Please remind me to pass my famous Badger Broth recipe to one & all.

Cheers ?
My Karma just ran over your Dogma
Chuckanator
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
You will need:

1 x steak approx. 8oz (pre-packed from the supermarket)
Thin style chips (come in a bag from the supermarket)
Beer battered onion rings (come in a bag from the supermarket)
Peppercorn sauce (comes in a pouch; not a bag, from the supermarket)

The preparation and cooking (more for the skilled chef I have to say):

Whack the steak in the grill, having taken all the packaging off, and on a high heat grill for 3 minutes either side (rare)
Cut the tops off the bags of chips and onion rings and chuck some of each in the deep fat fryer (fry for about 5 minutes shaking the basket thingy a few times)
Cut the top off the pouch of sauce and bung that in the microwave for 2 minutes.

Time all of the above so that everything is done to perfection and served hot.

Enjoy .. throw all the dirty crockery and cutlery etc. in the dishwasher when you have finished.

I understand the preparation and cooking is fairly intense, skilled and time consuming for this recipe but the result is well worth it.

Yummm. Gonna try it.
Chuckanator
0 likes
Quote by Dirty_D
or an alternative peppercorn steak, for those without a microwave

Steak au Poivre with Brandied Cream Sauce

Sauce

4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium shallot, minced
1 cup low-sodium beef broth
3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon brandy
1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
table salt

Steaks

4 strip steaks (8 to 10 ounces each), 3/4 to 1 inch thick and no larger than 3 inches at widest points, trimmed of exterior gristle
table salt
1 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed
1. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in 12-inch heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat; when foaming subsides, add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add beef and chicken broths, increase heat to high, and boil until reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 8 minutes. Set reduced broth mixture aside. Rinse and wipe out skillet.

2. Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt; rub one side of each steak with 1 teaspoon crushed peppercorns, and, using fingers, press peppercorns into steaks to make them adhere.

3. Place now-empty skillet over medium heat until hot, about 4 minutes. Lay steaks unpeppered-side down in hot skillet, increase heat to medium-high, firmly press down on steaks with bottom of cake pan, and cook steaks without moving them until well-browned, about 6 minutes. Using tongs, flip steaks, firmly press down on steaks with bottom of cake pan, and cook on peppered side, about 3 minutes longer for rare, about 4 minutes longer for medium-rare, or about 5 minutes longer for medium. Transfer steaks to large plate and tent loosely with foil to keep warm.

4. Pour reduced broth, cream, and 1/4 cup brandy into now-empty skillet; increase heat to high and bring to boil, scraping pan bottom with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Simmer until deep golden brown and thick enough to heavily coat back of metal tablespoon or soup spoon, about 5 minutes. Off heat, whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons butter, remaining 1 tablespoon brandy, lemon juice or vinegar, and any accumulated meat juices. Adjust seasonings with salt.

5. Set steaks on individual dinner plates, spoon portion of sauce over steaks, and serve immediately.

Yumm will try it
Lurker
0 likes
Nice recipe.
Fancy Schmancy
0 likes
I have never been a huge steak fan, but the one way I do like it is with a peppercorn sauce. Yum.