sprained ankle

last reply
14 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
ok....lol! So I totally sprained my ankle last month during our massive ice storm and it hurt like hell! However, I walked it out and it was healing and feeling much better. Now, last night I sprained the same fucking ankle and I can barely walk! I should probably go to the Doctor but who can afford that? I need some crutches....lol.
What should I do?
Lurker
0 likes
Hey hope you get better soon. YOu are lucky it's just a sprain could have broken it easy I broke my wrist that way.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have heard that a sprain can be much worse than something broken sometimes.
Lurker
0 likes
I guess it can if it really hurts go to the emergency room. That's what I had to do no way I could lay out that kind of money up front. Ya know? I never sprained anything myself just broke both wrist not at same time LOL and fractured my elbow. But they will get you patched up
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
LOL....I am not going anywhere tonight! It has been snowing all day and I have indulged in a few intoxicating drinks!...lol!
Lurker
0 likes
I think we are supposed to be getting your storm tonight and tomorrow into Monday near a foot of snow GRRR. When the hell is winter going to end? Hey some drinks should numb the pain a bit. LOL If all else fails go to the doctors tomorrow and get the good stuff. LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lexy said to wrap it tight so that is what I will do....hopefully that will help!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks nicola for the pass around....lol. Good read also.....but my ankle still hurts!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hmm, I would definitely make sure it isn't broken. I've done that with a foot before, messed it up really bad and it ended up being broken. I worked two 8 hour shifts on it before I finally went to the doctor, and I still haven't paid off the medical bills. If you don't mind your credit being messed up a bit, you can go to an emergency room and get it taken care of like BB said. I went to an "express medical" and got all my x-rays and my boot, plus physical therapy and it's really only costing me about $500, which I'm paying off very, very slowly. The debt collectors can't figure out how to get a hold of me ;P
Smiley Guru
0 likes
Hey Fystee, sorry to hear about your ankle. Here is something that I've had experience with that has healed sprains almost instantly.

If you massage the sprained area gently, not to cause pain or movement but just to work the tissue, you may start to notice an area that feels kind of like a sock filled with grains of rice or birdseed, just kind of crunchy. it may not be right where the sprain is, but usually close by. If you can massage this area, as you gently work it, the grainy feeling will start to break up and go away, as it does the pain you are feeling from the sprain will also tend to break up and release. Keep massaging gently until you feel the graininess is completely gone, you should be feeling some relief at this point. It's important to still give your body time to heal. If after you do this, even if it feels completely healed, take it easy, treat it as if it were still sprained as your body continues to heal over the next few days.

It may sound kooky, but it can really speed your recovery and help you feel much better right away.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
if I were you I would consider giving it a rest to doing THAT standing up in a hammock.....for a short while, at any rate!
Lurker
0 likes
Lots of good advice in here. I sprained mine years ago and I remember elevating it whenever possible helped out a lot. I also took ibuprofen (aspirin is fine, too) for the pain, which really helped. It took a long time to heal but it finally did to where I could jog again, so have faith.

I'm going to remember PM's trick.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
ok...so I wrapped it tight last night. It feels much better today!
Lurker
0 likes
glad to have helped, fystee. stay warm over there. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks!!!