Login

Casual relationships

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I want a casual relationship, essentially a friend with benefits first of all any takers, I joke of course but seriously any takers, lol just kidding, there again-

Apologies I divulge I can't commit to loving someone because I have my full time job and two voluntary jobs, I just want to know if anyone has any experience in this area and how should I go about getting this kind of relationship, and what am I getting myself into.
0 likes
I think knowing what you want and being as casual and honest about it in a nice way like you did is being well on your way. It is where you are at and you do not want to bite off more right now and offer what you may not be able or willing to do. Be prepared that love and feelings happen anyway. Women can be especially susceptible where sex is invloved (not all... but my knowledge of friends and those I have known) emotional and hopeful creatures known to say "Oh~ That is fine~ that is all I want too," and then after a bit, you may find that one person likes the other one a bit more or wants more. Neediness may kick in and then you still have deal with someone's feelings. I think for some people/women, it is hard to separate sex and emotion or love. For those of us who do not have trouble doing that... you may want to ask or seek to know "why" -even if you do not want to be THAT close and more than intimate friends. Friendship is still a relationship. There is no getting out of the "Feels" -to whatever extent, even if JUST hot sex. Rarely are people on the same page. Married people have a slightly different onset in the FWB, but with regard to the honesty~ you can only do YOUR part, you can't make the other partner be on board of the same accord. Does that make sense?

Just keep that in mind going in. If you treat people well it will benefit you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Although friends with benefits appears to be a win win situation in my experience it really isn't. Either person develops stronger feelings for the other in the end and then it all gets very messy because that person then tries to make the friends with benefits into a more serious relationship and the other person doesn't want that. I have had my fair share of friends with benefits, all ending rather disastrously. Until you have time for a proper relationship just buy one of those male flesh lights and fuck that. Much cheaper, it doesn't moan, it doesn't have feelings and it will never say no!
Everything happens for a reason. Live for the moment and have no regrets.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Thank you for the brilliant responses. They have helped a lot but wouldn't a flashlight make me a bit sad really.