Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Where do you like to source story/poem ideas from?

last reply
23 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
As a novice writer and novice lover, I am curious to see where other people like to get their story and poem ideas from?
Is it from experience? Is it pure fantasy? A combination of both? Or something else?
For me it is pure fantasy - straight from the top of my dome, as it were.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
A varying combination of fantasy and experience, depending on the story.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Lurker
0 likes
Just from my 'Full to bursting' mind.

Deb. X
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My story ideas often materialize out of my imagination unnannounced, though I occasionally glean a seed for an idea from others' writings. I have never based a story on a real life experience - for some reason, I am unable to make the translation from real life to prose.

"It seemed like a nice neighborhood to have bad habits in.” Raymond Chandler

Clumeleon
0 likes
I pretty much just write about what I do with your mum.
Lurker
0 likes
From what I feel at the moment, which is usually:

Love, pain, longing, loss, desire.
Heartbreak.

Most of my poems are written for someone in mind.

A few I wrote because I wanted to try something new.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by clum
I pretty much just write about what I do with your mum.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sometimes, I get my ideas straight out of real life, some soap operas and other stories I've read. Other than that, I try to come up with original material.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

0 likes
I come up with a scenario in my head and run with it to see where it goes. There may be some real experience involved but a lot is imagination and inspiration.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have a dirty mind. I just need a single naughty thought to develop it into a story LOL.
For example : Lush had just announced 'Toy with me' competition and I have submitted the story like six hours ago. I wrote that story today, after I came to know about the competition.
Be a man to treat me like a princess and fuck me like a whore.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Sometimes I hear or read about a certain situation or topic and I wonder how the characters in my mind would react in the same situation.

Check out my newest story, Penalty of Love

Penalty of Love

Lurker
0 likes
Thanks for the input guys. I will see how I go.
If anyone has the poem/story Fairy's number, that would be handy :P haha
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by theantelope
Thanks for the input guys. I will see how I go.
If anyone has the poem/story Fairy's number, that would be handy :P haha

i don't hand out my number to people i don't know, sorry. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by sprite

i don't hand out my number to people i don't know, sorry. smile

Ha! :)

I just tend to source them from my imagination. I have a lot going on and I don't really need to go elsewhere. Of course other stuff leaks in from outside sources, but any writer who claims to be free of that is either a liar or a fool. So say I, anyway.
Recommended Reads by TheScheherezadeFeint:
Undeniable - Erotic Poem
Disappearing Act - Love Poem
Synthetic Hours - Fantasy/Sci-fi - Eighth Place, 'Some Like It Hot' competition, January 2015
Night Work - Erotic Poem
Eating Breakfast In Glass Slippers - Straight Sex - Fifth Place, 'The Morning After The Night Before' competition, November 2014
Miracle of Night - Love Poem
The Brightest Black You've Ever Seen - Love Story - Ninth place, 'Toy With Me' competition, September 2014
Scream Fire - Erotic Poem - Audio read by MadameMolly
At First Sight (He) - Quickie Sex
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I have a rather filthy mind.

I'm a very sexual person.
Lurker
0 likes
My ideas come from my past experiences. I've only written true stories. My mind is a wealth of naughty sexy filthy fun. I make it happen, therefore I have a story from my actions.
The Linebacker
0 likes
From experience, things that happened to friends, television/newspaper/internet news, mix and matching ideas from movies-TV-books, or from the Poem/Story Fairy herself, DanielleX. She comes flying in and drops her magical panties on my head and shazam – I have a story idea!
Lurker
0 likes
My wild imagination, my freaky ass mind, other stories and poems I've read, TV, Movies, and life itself.
Basically everything and anything.
Lurker
0 likes
Always from experiences and often combined with fantasies. Sometimes the stories can be enhanced experiences, but I want my stories to be believable and written as if anyone could step in, take my place and experience the same thing.