last reply
38 replies
3.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
Hi

As of today, the site is running over SSL (HTTPS) for all traffic. This will ensure that communication between your browser and server cannot be intercepted by any bad guys.

When a site is running over a non secure connection (HTTP) and you access the site over a public wi-fi connection, your password and other personal information could potentially be captured from a "man in the middle" attack. There is also the danger of a session hijacking.

I suggest everyone updates their passwords.

Happy Lushing

gav

Note
If anyone finds any page that contains insecure items (where the padlock in your address bar doesn't show its secure) then please let me know. You will be rewarded with a handsome bounty.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by gav

Note
If anyone finds any page that contains insecure items (where the padlock in your address bar doesn't show its secure) then please let me know. You will be rewarded with a handsome bounty.

I take it this does not include profile pages which give you the old, '...this page includes other resources which are not secure...'?
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by gav
As of today, the site is running over SSL (HTTPS) for all traffic.

Awesome!

Quote by gav
This will ensure that communication between your browser and server cannot be intercepted by any bad guys.

Or women! ;)

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Lurker
0 likes
Does ANYONE know what the Nerdy Fuck is talking about?

I mean, I know we NEED him but Jesus!

JUST ONCE, I would like to read a post by Gav and know WHAT THE FUCK he was talking about!!!

xx SF

Gav: "Fuck You."

Me: "See, THAT I understood..."
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

JUST ONCE, I would like to read a post by Gav and know WHAT THE FUCK he was talking about!!!

xx SF

Fuck!

This is hilarious.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

xx SF

Basically, you Irish Cunt, if you look at where you'd type "www.lushstories.com" you should see a green padlock in the left hand corner. Here's a hint, it should be at the top of your page, near the top of your computer/laptop screen.

That being said... thanks for the laugh... you do know how to make an American girl giggle.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

xx SF

He has made the secure as can be seen by the padlock up in the address bar.

When used at a public wifi spot such as Starbucks it's not secure and your info can be stolen by hackers.

If you see a page without the padlock let him know and he will fix it.

I think that's all of it
Lurker
0 likes
Wat him said
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by adagio_sabadicus
Wat him said

FINALLY!!!!!

Myself and my (TALENTED!) fellow-site-member agree on something!

Adagio, THANK YOU for making me laugh, Dear Man!

xx Steph.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
so... believe it or not, i am more clueless than Steph... does this mean we need to create a new password?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by gav

Note

Hi Gav

Great update! I have signed on (obviously), and the main page and the forum show the green padlock (which I presume ensures it is safe/secure). On this thread, typing in a reply, the bar shows the padlock not green with a yellow yield icon.

Is that secure?

On my own member page, the padlock with the yellow yield icon is showing. I just tried Buz's page ... still the yellow yield icon. Gav's page (yup, yours) shows a green padlock ....

so .... what does this mean, Guru-Gav?

Van

PS .... I changed my password, and it still is a yellow yield icon over my padlock.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by NymphWriter

That being said... thanks for the laugh... you do know how to make an American girl giggle.

I know how to make an American Girl do a LOT of things, Tiny Doll...

xx SF
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
The reason some profiles are showing the yield icon is probably because they are displaying images linked from outside servers.

Now that I think about it, that's probably the same thing that's happening with the "post reply". I imagine if I tried hard enough, I could find a thread with no external images in the preview, and it would show green. Odds are that someone in the thread has an externally linked image in their sig line that's causing the yield icon.

EDIT: That makes no sense. It would show the yield when viewing the thread in that case. What was I thinking? But anyway, back to my original post.

Doesn't really explain the "friends" page, though. Only thing I can think of there is that some of the avatars are external links, even though that's not common practice in forum software. They're typically copied and stored locally even when taken from an external source *shrug*

Only glanced at the gold page and didn't see anything obvious that would cause it.
Lurker
0 likes
I was using the new feature of trying to change my avatar with a picture already uploaded and I got an error message.

it won't let me pick my picture so I just uploaded the pic I wanted.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart
I was using the new feature of trying to change my avatar with a picture already uploaded and I got an error message.

I had the same problem.
Matriarch
0 likes
Sig images not showing, mentioned to Gav also.
Code Monkey
0 likes
Ok all the holes have been plugged, there should be no SSL exclusions except for profile pages with a grooveshark player. I spoke with grooveshark today, they are aware of the issue but couldn't provide a date as to when it might be fixed.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by gav
Ok all the holes have been plugged, there should be no SSL exclusions except for profile pages with a grooveshark player. I spoke with grooveshark today, they are aware of the issue but couldn't provide a date as to when it might be fixed.

Solid work, mate! Thanks~
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Rocker of the cocker
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart

This is fixed now, can you try again please .
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Callisto

let me try it again

BRB
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Callisto

it worked.

but I left a comment this morning on a poem, and there's 11 of the same comments from my tablet and I can't delete any of them.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart

it worked.

but I left a comment this morning on a poem, and there's 11 of the same comments from my tablet and I can't delete any of them.

I'm liaising with Gav about getting these cleaned up for you.

Liz
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz

I'm liaising with Gav about getting these cleaned up for you.

Liz

can you keep one there though please?

does this qualify as a bug?

thanks Liz!

and Gav
Lurker
0 likes
I can't watch or listen to my youtube videos?

awwww
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart
I can't watch or listen to my youtube videos?

awwww

Youtube seems to have some issues lately. Don't think it's Lush-related.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

The Resident Princess
0 likes
Quote by gav

So do i need to take my grooveshark off my profile page?
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by TxPrincess

So do i need to take my grooveshark off my profile page?

The risk is low, I think its safe to leave grooveshark for now. I'll monitor the situation, hopefully they can stream the content securely very soon.