Exiting the chat rooms.

last reply
9 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Site administrator
0 likes
I and others are experiencing another sporadic problem with the rooms and I would say it ties in with when the issue with private rooms started also posted in this forum.

At times one cant leave the room using the normal exit door function. It sends the Waves Goodbye but one doesnt actually leave. I just tried to leave the bedroom using the Exit Door 5 times and 5 times the Waves Goodbye was sent to the room. Had to use the Chat Rooms option next to the Exit Door to leave which results in your name remaining on the list of people in that room.
Clumeleon
0 likes
I had the same issue a few days ago, but it was working yesterday so I assumed it had resolved itself. Apparently not.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have had that issue too. I solved that by just closing the tab.
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
Gav has done an update. It relates to users using IE9/10. Seriously, I didnt think people used IE anymore with so many far better options. What are you guys using out of curiosity? I am using Chrome, and have not experienced any issues than any of the problems mentioned recently, so Id be interested in knowing what your configuration is.
Code Monkey
0 likes
I did notice an issue if you attempt to leave the room before its fully loaded. It hasn't wired up to the link click, so clicking that image will just add the # to the address bar, but do nothing else.
Site administrator
0 likes
Well I use Chrome and I assure you I had been in the room(s) some significant time.
Site administrator
0 likes
Right .. I have now realised the circumstances since its still happening for me. Its when I have been inactive in the room for a while .. how long I cant really guess sorry.
Site administrator
0 likes
For me this problem has now either been resolved or has gone away.
0 likes
Quote by SydneySider
It relates to users using IE9/10.

I'm kind of stuck with it at work for various reasons but prefer Chrome and use that at home. Anyone who is using it should be running at least 10. Many web sites are dropping support for 9 and earlier.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
I have found this issue seem to occur when Lush hiccups or loses connection, even when the connection has been re-established. closing the tab does not remove your name from the list. I refresh the screen and then am able to leave.