Login

First round of Results for Erotica Readership Survey

last reply
2 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Following up on this post: https://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst39223_Erotica-Readership-Survey-please-take.aspx

I've spent the last few days picking over the spreadsheet data and breaking down responders into a few different groups (Free Readers and Buying Readers - with the subset of Free-to-Buy readers). I then analyzed specifics about each of them (Age, gender, correlations, etc).

I've written up a blog post that sort of grazes over a few things here and there and gives the link to the survey (if you haven't taken it) and to the findings that I've compiled (in a PDF file). You can download the findings file and read at your leisure. It's very image heavy as I favor graphs - be warned smile

This is a direct link to the file if you'd rather not read the blog: http://judycanter.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/results-of-2014-erotica-readership-survey1.pdf

215 people were analyzed initially - though now the survey has continued to spread and gain traction (over 300 have responded at this point). I know that this is actually relatively small given that the larger your survey pool the more accurate the results. But at this point it's out of my hands. I never intended it to get near as many responses. I'll just analyze data over time as it piles up.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Have u been able to determine any findings from the results of the survey so far?
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks for asking smile

115 more people have taken the survey (I was wanting 200 more to take it before I crunched numbers again). But at last look nothing's changed much - I might run the numbers again in a month regardless.

I'm needing to spread this around some more - a few authors have books coming out in the next months and have agreed to include the link to the survey blogpage in their back-matter. That should help.

I've decided to let the survey stay open for 6 months. So that takes it 'til February. Depending on the results - I might keep it open longer.