Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Are guys every bothered by their 'package' being visible?

last reply
17 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
The 'big bonnet' thread has me thinking . . .

I'm not referring to when someone has a hard-on. Just - in general having a noticeable bulge when you're not even hard. It seems that some guys just always are showing something whether they want to or not - nearly impossible not to.

How do guys actually feel about that?

The Big Bonnet thread had me going 'ew - I'd never wear anything that would show my pubic mound in any notable way' - definitely no camel toe. I buy shirts that are longer to cover it up - I make sure my pants are too form-fitting. Etc etc etc. A lot of thought is put into keeping it clad and not noticeable.

Do guys ever do that? Do you ever go 'gross - I'd never let my junk show in any way, shape or form - ever' ? Or give a guy a difficult time because they're showing something (like women do RE 'camel toe')?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It all depends on the situation. Personally I don't go about showing off my package everywhere I go. (In real life. On here is different)
On the other hand if I'm around a girl I want to get with I'll wear something that shows my bulge off, but I'll play it off like I didn't mean to show off.
Lurker
0 likes
No... not me... I don't try to impress...

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I don't see any need for letting people see it. They've got a right to walk down the street, or whatever, without having a package thrust in their face. Though, I know sometimes it's unavoidable, especially if one is wearing tight clothing, but then maybe one should learn to how tuck their junk in the trunk. I can't see someone being overly impressed by some random guy's junk hanging all over the place.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wear boxers alot and when I do my wife says she can see the outline of everything, head and all. If I get an erection wearing boxers I wont be able to stand up. If I wear briefs and depending with what pants or shorts, she can still tell just not as much or as easy, but still wont be able to stand with an erection. Erections are way to obvious.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

Pretty sure Kaepernick kisses his bicep so much because it's big, unlike his penis.

If he could kiss his dick, he would!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A number of leading brands, such as Aussiebum, make bulge enhancing underwear. So there must be a market for them.

Personally, I can't see much difference between them and the Wonderbra. They are simply for those that wish to, let's say, project their image.
Clumeleon
0 likes
I'm aware of it sometimes. You don't need to be especially well-endowed to show a bit of bulge; it depends on your positioning.

Sometimes I feel a bit uncomfortable about it, and will try to shift so I'm comfortable but not on display. I guess what runs through my mind is that a lot of people will assume any such protrusion is an erection.

It has certainly been a consideration when buying trousers. As a teacher, tight-fitting trousers are rarely if ever a good choice.

It's unavoidable at times, and a lot of the time you won't even be aware of it (and nor will anyone else), but it has played on my mind more than once.

Good and interesting thread.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by clum
I'm aware of it sometimes. You don't need to be especially well-endowed to show a bit of bulge; it depends on your positioning.

Sometimes I feel a bit uncomfortable about it, and will try to shift so I'm comfortable but not on display. I guess what runs through my mind is that a lot of people will assume any such protrusion is an erection.

It has certainly been a consideration when buying trousers. As a teacher, tight-fitting trousers are rarely if ever a good choice.

It's unavoidable at times, and a lot of the time you won't even be aware of it (and nor will anyone else), but it has played on my mind more than once.

Good and interesting thread.

You wear trewsers? I thought you'd be kilted out propperly!
Big bulge does not equal well endowed, trust me on that, mighty oak trees etc.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nope not really. As a nudist this is not a issue.
To boldly Lush where no one has Lushed before
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by dpw
You wear trewsers? I thought you'd be kilted out propperly!

Of course, in a kilt, the issue is moot. Even erections are largely imperceptible because of the heaviness of the material and the sporran.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I can say this, I am not worried about my package being seen. It sits on the porch all day until I get home and no one bothers it......wait a minute, wrong type of package I see now. I wear what fits (the waist that is). I personally don't do anything or dress a certain way to "show it off", or even to "hide it away".
Come visit The SpeakEasy , open on most Saturday nights around 930pm Central Standard Time. A place to relax, unwind, listen to music. Chat, Dance or just Enjoy. Its a classy joint!
The Linebacker
0 likes
In general I think its classier for it not to show too much. I tend to wear loose fitting pants, chinos, cargo pants or shorts, jeans (not too tight), suit or dress trousers that are a normal loose fit, and I wear baggier swim trunks not banana hammocks at the beach.

Besides, my package is only unwrapped by one woman.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Swag_Master
I personally don't do anything or dress a certain way to "show it off", or even to "hide it away".

I'm pretty much the same, though if it was a major issue I'd probably change the type of underwear/pants I'm wearing. I always wear boxer briefs and I rarely have any problems with those: they keep my dick nicely positioned, hide the overall silhouette of it, and also keep my erections at bay since the tightness would make it rather uncomfortable to get a full hard-on. There's also no loose material that could position/accumulate in my pants awkwardly so that I'd have a big bulge showing (as with regular loose boxers).

Unless I get a full erection (more on that later), I rarely worry about it and it's rarely on my mind. The position of my pants can sometimes give the illusion of an erection or become a bit tighter around the crotch, but I don't obsessively bother about how it might look: other people would be just as guilty for looking there than I would be for randomly showing a weird position in my bulge.

Often times while sitting with jeans, the zipper can be 'up in the air' and give the illusion of an erection, but anyone who hangs out with guys wearing jeans is probably already aware of that (left). With office pants, sometimes the material can tighten around the crotch, but I've never experienced it to the point where you can see every outlines of my dick (right). In such cases, I really don't pay much attention to it, or I might just subtly replace my pants if I think it might look a little too awkward:

Now, in the case I might get an erection. First, it's rather rare that I get a full erection during the day; usually when I just do my things at work (walking, talking to coworkers, desk work, etc.), it never happens. Generally when I get a hard-on, it's in those rare moments where I feel a little tired and just relax in my chair while my mind becomes unfocused. I'm usually alone when this happens, and I try to loose my erection as quickly as possible in case I might need to stand up; the best trick I've found for that is alternating between imagining a hammer smashing my dick and thinking about the Queen of England naked (I swear, this really works!). In all my lifetime, I don't remember ever having a 'problematic erection', where everybody could notice that I had a huge boner in my pants.

A special case is when I'm flirting with girls, as I've mentioned before in this thread: My God! Is that a boner I see growing in your pants!?. In these situations, I can feel my dick growing in my pants at times, but it rarely turns into a full erection (again, I have tricks to prevent that). If girls looked at my crotch during these moments (which they generally avoid), their reaction would be more along the lines of "Hmm, his pants seem a little fuller than usual, don't they?" rather than "My God, look at that enormous tent pointing right at me!".

It would never be as obvious as these pictures:

But more like these:

You can read that entire thread to understand my perspective, but in summary it's just that when these situations happen, I prefer to be assertive about it all than to try to conceal it desperately (which would probably make it even more noticeable and awkward). I don't exactly show my boners to girls 'on purpose' (well, unless I'm naked and about to fuck them).

It's probably not all that different than when girls 'accidentally' show their panties/thongs; it's certainly something they want to avoid in formal circumstances and it's not always done on purpose, but in the right situation and with the right guy, it can just be fun/convenient: