last reply
10 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
HELLO OLIVIA,

Lush has it's own charms. Most of us come here to get away from the real life situations.
But what if we find someone who connect to us and try hard not to fall for them but in the end we do fall because they are too stubborn to let us go!
and then they just leave? or stop talking us if if found alot better virtual partners?

How to stop being targeted? more over how to differentiate btw one who love us and one who are playing with our feelings?

I really like lush but i have enough of bullshit in my real life that least i want is an elder guy playing my heart and leaving me vulnerable.

regards
Eva
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi Eva!

Unfortunately, only time can heal a broken heart. And even when you're completely over a person, there's always a twinge of emotion when your mind wanders in their direction.

We can't control the actions of another. Unfortunately it's the internet, and people think this is a game to play. For the time being, they may actually think what they feel is real, when it's actually fleeting, shallow, and temporary. And they'll continue to seek that feeling no matter who they hurt in the process, because they're just going through the motions.

As far as protecting yourself goes, guard your heart until the right person comes along and breaks down your barriers the right way (a way that doesn't make you doubt yourself or feel ashamed or humiliated). Don't open yourself up too much too soon, or someone will take advantage of that vulnerability. This is a sex-oriented site with all sorts of relationship dynamics, and there are those who prey on the vulnerable.

If you do go the internet route for your next relationship, be up front. Tell them this isn't some fleeting thing and your real feelings are involved. Above all else, don't settle. Look for the signs, because they'll be there, and when you see them, don't explain them away.

Also, make sure you're prepared mentally and emotionally. And make sure your reasons for wanting to be in a relationship are good ones, and not just to avoid loneliness.

Don't be anyone's doormat, and don't give anymore of yourself than someone deserves.

I wish you all the best!

Yours truly,
~Olivia
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi Eva!

Unfortunately, only time can heal a broken heart. And even when you're completely over a person, there's always a twinge of emotion when your mind wanders in their direction.

We can't control the actions of another. Unfortunately it's the internet, and people think this is a game to play. For the time being, they may actually think what they feel is real, when it's actually fleeting, shallow, and temporary. And they'll continue to seek that feeling no matter who they hurt in the process, because they're just going through the motions.

As far as protecting yourself goes, guard your heart until the right person comes along and breaks down your barriers the right way (a way that doesn't make you doubt yourself or feel ashamed or humiliated). Don't open yourself up too much too soon, or someone will take advantage of that vulnerability. This is a sex-oriented site with all sorts of relationship dynamics, and there are those who prey on the vulnerable.

If you do go the internet route for your next relationship, be up front. Tell them this isn't some fleeting thing and your real feelings are involved. Above all else, don't settle. Look for the signs, because they'll be there, and when you see them, don't explain them away.

Also, make sure you're prepared mentally and emotionally. And make sure your reasons for wanting to be in a relationship are good ones, and not just to avoid loneliness.

Don't be anyone's doormat, and don't give anymore of yourself than someone deserves.

I wish you all the best!

Yours truly,
~Olivia
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Olivia
Hi Eva!

I wish you all the best!

Yours truly,
~Olivia

i absolutly agree with you. there are always pros and cons. some lingering doubts which we choose to ignore. thank you for the lovely advice
cheers,
Eva
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Olivia
Hi Eva!

I wish you all the best!

Yours truly,
~Olivia

Very nice advice.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart

Very nice advice.

We all get hurt at some time Eva. I think life is a learning curve.
Unless you want to live like a hermit, you have to learn how to get the positive out of a negative. Let it prepare you for the next time. Maybe take a little more time or let them open up more before you do. It's a judgement call that we make after previous experiences.
We all have to experience heatache to trully appreciate fully the wonder of true happiness. Don't lock yourself away because one guy is a dick. You might just miss the guy that's meant for you.
As far as the dick goes, think of it as a lucky escape. It's his loss, not yours.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by dpw

We all get hurt at some time Eva. I think life is a learning curve.
Unless you want to live like a hermit, you have to learn how to get the positive out of a negative. Let it prepare you for the next time. Maybe take a little more time or let them open up more before you do. It's a judgement call that we make after previous experiences.
We all have to experience heatache to trully appreciate fully the wonder of true happiness. Don't lock yourself away because one guy is a dick. You might just miss the guy that's meant for you.
As far as the dick goes, think of it as a lucky escape. It's his loss, not yours.

Eva left, but that's nice advice.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It doesnt stop coz its part of life , how would you know your hurt if you have not been hurt, all we could do is face it take it as a lesson .
We would only get hurt if we allow them to, so dont allow it.Think of happy thoughts its not your loss they let go of a great person.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sure you can get over a lot of heart break in time. However sometimes your brain gets to A point where it screams,Enough! And you become what is referred to as Jaded. Your heart and mind become callused. And you just stop feeling any more. Consider it Emotionally Bankrupt."I have become comfortably numb" (Pink Floyd) That's when you stop being hurt. " I am A rock, I am an island. And A rock feels no pain. And an island never cries." ( Paul Simon )
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by shen_crazy
It doesnt stop coz its part of life , how would you know your hurt if you have not been hurt, all we could do is face it take it as a lesson .
We would only get hurt if we allow them to, so dont allow it.Think of happy thoughts its not your loss they let go of a great person.

Aw, I like your advice. I learned that way too. Or it gets worse and it's harder to get over someone.

I had a lot of sad thoughts though.
Lurker
0 likes
well i am back .. and thank you for alll the most lovely advices biggrin
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by NightMan
Sure you can get over a lot of heart break in time. However sometimes your brain gets to A point where it screams,Enough! And you become what is referred to as Jaded. Your heart and mind become callused. And you just stop feeling any more. Consider it Emotionally Bankrupt."I have become comfortably numb" (Pink Floyd) That's when you stop being hurt. " I am A rock, I am an island. And A rock feels no pain. And an island never cries." ( Paul Simon )

wow .. why the hell i left and didn't read this before lol