last reply
11 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Halloween Costumes!

People, this is the place to talk about Halloween costumes. Those you wore in the past, those you plan to wear, those you dream about!

Please share! Any fun stories to tell?
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I'm planning to dress up as a mad scientist this upcoming Halloween. I already own a lab coat from my college years, though it's been years since I've seen it. I'll have to look for it, then I'll order a fun wig on Amazon.
I might also hide a few colorants in my pockets to cleverly/secretly color my drinks many different colors.

In the past, I also dressed up as a stereotypical French painter (with a goatee/beret), a karate-man, a dirty hobo (where one of my main features was drinking beer from a paper bag), and a few last-minute zombie costumes that I improvised with those drugstore make-up kits (which looked rather shitty):

I also dressed up as the Grim Reaper a few times (or a Nazgul, depending on your cultural references), which is basically a signature costume for me. I have this black cape that my mother had since I was a kid, and bought this awesome faceless black cowl.

I also once recycled the same black cape and bought the infamous 'Scream' mask in a drugstore.

One time, I also dressed up as Tarzan while my girlfriend was costumed as Jane. Basically it was her idea, as she already had one of those safari hats and only had to wear a beige blouse along with it. She forced this concept upon me, and I had to create a costume from scratch, which was a much bigger hassle than her own costume. I just wore very short ripped brown jeans and a beige t-shirt that I tore here and there (I didn't want to be shirtless during the whole evening), then I wrapped plastic vines all around me. It was a fun costume, though quite cumbersome as my vines kept falling or annoying people. Think of a male version of Poison Ivy:

Now try to guess which costume I'd dream of buying if I had a few hundred dollars to spend.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I thought about possibly going as the Joker, only more feminine. I can't think of anything else.

In the past I've gone as a Navy girl, nurse, Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds, and the classic Witch.

I went as Garcia from CM because everyone kept saying I resembled her. Which I don't see. The only resemblance I ever saw was that I wear flowers in my hair.
0 likes
Quote by CupcakeDrizzle
I thought about possibly going as the Joker, only more feminine. I can't think of anything else.

Don't know how familiar you are with current Batman mythology but if you don't already know her, Google up Harley Quinn (Harlequin, get it?). She first appeared as the Joker's sidekick (his counterpart to Robin if you like) but has become a popular character in her own right over time and is something of a female Joker (less of a psychopath, though).

I haven't dressed up for Hallowe'en in a long time. If I was going to this year, I'd likely roll back to my old favorite: the vampire. Maybe wear my dark suit with pale makeup and fangs and be a vampire mobster or something like that.
Lurker
0 likes
I got mine....... now bring on the Vampires!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
wow, that thread went to shit quickly. Guess guys aren't the only ones to be utterly gross.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I can always go back to my roots...

...and get arrested on beggar's night!
Lurker
0 likes
Because of my love of hats, I ordered this one and will go as Lady Ann from the Victorian era!

Brown Sugar
0 likes
Quote by shuddertouch
wow, that thread went to shit quickly. Guess guys aren't the only ones to be utterly gross.

Well stated. Smh.
Lurker
0 likes
I am going as Batman this year smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Was going to dress up as a small Italian Island but my mate said don't be Sicily .... Badum tish

Sigh .... I'll get me coat
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm dressing up as myself this year.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial