Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Is there another story category you'd like to have on Lush?

last reply
239 replies
21.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
For me, Bathroom Sex. While taking a shower or a bath. Maybe after shaving, you know what I mean? Is there any other category you wouldn't mind having to write in?
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Honestly, I know this is probably going to sound a little stupid since we have "group sex", but I'd really like if we just had a "threesome" genre. Because a threesome is not a group, a group is a group and a threesome has three. Three people is not a group. You see what I mean? So it would be nice to split the genre.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I agree with Poppet, I would enjoy a threesome category. Because, group sex is more then three I think.

xo
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Reproductive sex.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would like to see a One Night Stands category. We have Quickie Sex category, but what if they wanted to spend the whole night together then part never to see each other again?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Poppet
Honestly, I know this is probably going to sound a little stupid since we have "group sex", but I'd really like if we just had a "threesome" genre. Because a threesome is not a group, a group is a group and a threesome has three. Three people is not a group. You see what I mean? So it would be nice to split the genre.

I suggested a threesome category when office sex was put forward. To me the dynamics are totally different to a group.
People will say use the tags, but often they just use mmf or ffm.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ChuckEPoo
I would like a collaboration category. Where both authors get credit instead of one.

I like this idea and also agree with the idea that threesome should have its own category.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
A few that might stir some interest are:
1. Medical settings: doctors, nurses, EMT's, in hospitals, clinics, labs, out-patient, etc..
2. Sex in uniform: would expand #1 to include members of the military, law enforcement,pilots and flight attendants, etc..
3. Historical fiction: There seems to be a small but steady stream of stories on Lush set in the way-'back-when' such as: ancient Rome Victorian England or the 19th century US West. A separate category might encourage more.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Lurker
0 likes
Literary Fiction Erotica - or at least a place designated for the more introspective / deep-thought concepts like what I tend to write - pieces like Soft, Sweet Clarice / Bound / Sin in Anaheim.

And I'd like this category to be open to any concept type that's permissible at Lush - as long as it's deeper / literary in concept.

Sometimes these pieces I write can fit into other categories - but I haven't tried to publish Sin in Anaheim and a few other pieces here, yet, because they don't fit anywhere at all. There's less sex so they can't really be categorized by that.
English Rose
0 likes
Quote by ChuckEPoo
I would like a collaboration category. Where both authors get credit instead of one.

This is a good idea. I collaborated with DanielleX just a few weeks ago. I'd have loved us to both to have been able to have the story on our profiles. As it is, the story's on mine and I feel somehow that's a little unfair on her. It's as much her story as it is mine.
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mysteria27
I agree with Poppet, I would enjoy a threesome category. Because, group sex is more then three I think.

xo

I would like to second the ladies on this. I think threesome is a different genre than group sex since threesome sex may include elements of intimacy and personal connection that are not present in a group sex story. IMHO
Head Penguin
0 likes
Quote by KatieElizabeth

This is a good idea. I collaborated with DanielleX just a few weeks ago. I'd have loved us to both to have been able to have the story on our profiles. As it is, the story's on mine and I feel somehow that's a little unfair on her. It's as much her story as it is mine.

Katie makes a good point, though I didn't mind cos I was credited as co-author. But in the interest of fairness it should go on both profiles, really.

To answer the main question, maybe Uniforms would be a fun category.

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Lurker
0 likes
I'd go with Felix... A HISTORICAL category might work.

xx SF

(I'd READ and WRITE!)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree with those above who seek a "collaboration" category.
“It's nice sometimes to open up the heart a little and let some hurt come in. It proves you're still alive.”
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
I don't think 'collaboration' is a story category. A filter, maybe, but not a category.

Husband: "What do you fancy reading tonight, honey? How about anal?"

Wife: "Nah."

Husband: "Okay... how about a lesbian one?"

Wife: "Oh, Gerald, what is it with you and lesbians?"

Husband: "I dunno. I just like 'em."

Wife: "No. I fancy reading a really hot collaboration story."

---

I wouldn't mind seeing a historical category though, I think that could be fun.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I've done two HISTORICAL settings so far and I find it a very nice challenge as a writer. One was a western and one series is a BDSM study set in Napoleonic France. So out of self-interest I will go with HISTORICAL.
Lurker
0 likes
I wonder if there is not a danger in having too many categories?

However, HISTORICAL and THREESOME both sound reasonable, whereas MASSAGE is surely a sub-genre that crosses many categories, and is therefore more properly a tag. I am in two minds about COLLABORATION as a separate category, even though I have collaborated with Debbie2013 in the past and hope to do so in the future, maybe collaboration could be recognised in a different way - as a line on the profile of the first named (principal) author perhaps, but with multiple boxes rather than just one as is the case with relationships.
Brown Sugar
0 likes
Quote by Liz
I don't think 'collaboration' is a story category. A filter, maybe, but not a category.

Husband: "What do you fancy reading tonight, honey? How about anal?"

Wife: "Nah."

Husband: "Okay... how about a lesbian one?"

Wife: "Oh, Gerald, what is it with you and lesbians?"

Husband: "I dunno. I just like 'em."

Wife: "No. I fancy reading a really hot collaboration story."

---

I wouldn't mind seeing a historical category though, I think that could be fun.

Wow, and I was about to chime in on the 'collaborative' category, but point well taken, Liz!
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
As for collaborations not being a category, well, no, but it would be a lot easier to find them. Because I know a lot of people enjoy reading from collaborations. It would also be nice if both sets of people got credit for the co-story. Audios are a category, but it does have a tab. I just think co-stories should have its own tab, so they are easily found. Given how many people actually have co-written. I have with a handful of people and plan to do with others. I also know the ones I have worked with have written with others and even people I haven't have co-wrote. I bet there are a lot of them out there.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
historical, true stories, and threesomes all seem like a really good idea.

Check out my newest story, Penalty of Love

Penalty of Love

0 likes
Femdom would be good. It's not all whips n chains.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by asleep
TRUE stories

Massage
I think a great deal of the stories written are based on actual experiences. some people lack the imagination to write something they have not actually done. this is not a criticism, merely a statement of fact I have observed.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by Metilda
Literary Fiction Erotica - or at least a place designated for the more introspective / deep-thought concepts like what I tend to write - pieces like Soft, Sweet Clarice / Bound / Sin in Anaheim.

And I'd like this category to be open to any concept type that's permissible at Lush - as long as it's deeper / literary in concept.

Sometimes these pieces I write can fit into other categories - but I haven't tried to publish Sin in Anaheim and a few other pieces here, yet, because they don't fit anywhere at all. There's less sex so they can't really be categorized by that.

yes, even though this is an erotic writers site, I think there is a place for less sexual stories. some authors have quite a large following and people will read any of their stories. and if a story is good enough, i think people will read it regardless. A good example is love stories. there does not necessarily need to be sex involved in a love story, yet Lush won't approve unless there is.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by KatieElizabeth

this isn't so much a category as it is just having lush change it so that more than one person could get full credit and it displays on both profiles, rather than just a co-author credit with only the one who does the submitting have it only on their page.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
personally, what I would really like to see is a separation of category versus format. audio is a format, competition should also be considered a format, though at times it might be limited to a specific subject. and right now, there are two categories that could be considered a format and moved out of the category section and into a format selection, novels and flash erotica. either of these can be written using any category. and perhaps this would be a good place to add collaboration as well. I would suggest that format also include 'short stories'' which would include stories up to say 3 parts or 4 parts (more than that, they would go into the novel format). so you would select your format, AND a category. perhaps even allow selection of two formats, like perhaps collaboration and audio, where one person wrote, and another does the audio. then people could search by format or by category, as well as by tag.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by Poppet

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Ok I'm in on the threesome idea.....Ah yea.......
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Not quite a reply to the OT but IMHO since so many have decided they possess poetic chops I think it might be a good change to give the preview of entries to that category in the poetic form in which the text is written. In that particular genre, form is often as important as phrasing. Returning to the OT: I think there are already sufficient categories from which to choose...or to confuse me, whichever comes first. The aforementioned preview ought to be enough to allow a reader to filter-out a peice he doesn't desire to peruse.