Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Toy Review: ORA 2 ~ LELO's new and improved oral sex simulator!

last reply
14 replies
3.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
ORA 2: The World's Most Sophisticated Oral Sex Simulator Just Got Better

A review and comparison of LELO's award-winning bestseller!

Last year LELO launched the ORA - a ground-breaking little pleasure massager that performed in a way that endless vibrators before it simply could not. The big revelation behind its inception should seem obvious: Women like oral sex!

Most traditional vibrators are either focused on penetration or are reliant upon steady vibrations and pulses directly on the clit, that – let’s face it – feels nothing like a tongue. Not to mention that if you already own a couple of these kinds of vibrators, you’re probably left feeling like you’ve 'been there, done that.' After all, how many variations do you really need of a product that generally feels the same and does the same things?

ORA entered the market at the beginning of 2014 with her sleek midnight blue curves and swirling and rotating nub that can circle and flick against a clitoris like a tongue and vibrate at the same time. It quickly went on to become a bestseller and became the first ever sex toy to win a Cannes Lions Award.

Last week, LELO launched the ORA 2 – the new and improved second-generation model. If you were hesitant about buying the original, haven’t gotten around to it yet, or if this is all new to you, the ORA 2 might make a great new addition to your toy box.

There are several notable and very noticeable improvements.

The Look:

The ORA 2 retains the size, shape, weight and luxe feel of its predecessor. It's from LELO's insignia line, which means it has the signature metallic inlay detailing and the attention to aesthetics as well as performance. This is the kind of sex toy you wouldn't mind leaving in plain view on your nightstand or pulling out to use with a new partner. It looks good!

There is one very noticeable difference between the original ORA and the ORA 2, and the old saying, "size makes a difference," applies here. The most important feature on the ORA is the little nub that moves and swirls under its silicone skin sphere, like the tip of a tongue. And let's just say, it got bigger - way bigger!

Why is this important? It means more pressure on your clit, stronger swirls and who wouldn’t prefer a longer tongue-tip to a shorter one if you had the choice? This is by the far the best improvement to the original model – especially for women with a petite clit, like me.

Performance:

The new ORA 2 employs the ‘Sensetouch™ Technology’ that LELO features on many of its other toys. Vibrations activate on contact with skin. Because of this, it does feel like it packs more power than the original model. If you put both versions on at full tilt, the ORA 2 provides more pressure, more vibration and generally a more intense experience on both the clit and labia.

There are ten stimulation modes and you can vary the intensity for each mode by using the '+' and '–' buttons. These patterns offer both vibration plus swirling (including full and half-swirls), and also just swirling and flicking on its own without the vibration effect that one certainly wouldn’t get with a real oral sex experience. Personally, I’m a fantasy-girl and tend to enjoy both sensations at full blast, but it’s nice to have the variety that the different stimulation modes offer. There are some good ones, especially if you appreciate a good tease. I had no trouble reaching orgasm with this model, in literally just a couple of minutes. If you’re used to just the sensations of a standard clit-massager and looking for something different, this is a welcomed change.

Noise Level:

I also noticed that the ORA 2 is significantly quieter than the original model. With the original ORA, you can hear the rotation. The new ORA hums at the same noise-level as LELO’s standard vibrators – you don’t hear the rotation at all. This is actually a huge improvement as far as I'm concerned, especially if you need to keep your play-time discreet or are using it with a partner.

It's Waterproof:

The original was waterproof and this one is as well. It’s a nice size to keep in the shower or on the side of your tub. Water or a bit of water-based lube is the perfect way to get that slippery tongue-tip feeling if you’re not already feeling juicy.

ps. You’ll get a small sample of lubricant in your ORA box, if you don’t already stock it in your bedside table.

USB-charger:

This one comes with a USB-recharger instead of the standard wall chargers that I’ve been used to with LELO’s previous toys. Technically I’m not a fan of this, but it’s really up to personal choice. I prefer to charge directly from a wall socket, but the USB charger may offer more versatility, especially if you travel. ORA 2 is compatible with all of LELO’s chargers though, so if you already own other models, you can use those standard wall chargers without a problem.

Final Thoughts:

I know that second generation products can sometimes feel like it’s just another excuse to remarket and relaunch a product while only offering minor improvements, but this isn’t one of them. The bigger size of the ‘tongue tip’ nub, the significantly improved noise level and the added SenseTouch™ technology really do set this apart from the original.

I actually started wondering how large a toy like this could feasibly go with the tongue-tip nub before it would potentially become uncomfortable. Might an ORA 3 be on the horizon in years to come? Not to mention, I think a toy that combined the tongue-swirling ORA technology with the vibrating penetration length of the Soraya model would probably be an instant bestseller.

We’ll see what LELO comes up with in years to come. In the meantime, if you skipped buying the original ORA, you’ll want to put its successor on your wish-list. It’s a solid winner.

You can buy this on the LELO website or one of their retailers. It's also on the LUSH Store as well, so you can add it to your 'wish list' on your profile just in time for the holidays! smile

Disclaimer: products were provided to me for my honest feedback and review.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Nice review. Very thorough and professional, as always.

While reading though, I kept wondering if it would also work for rimming.

It could be fun to use as a couple toy that way, with two tongues seemingly pleasuring the lady.
0 likes
Unless they've managed to figure out the whole Click & Charge thing, as both Fun Factory and Minna have been able to do, no amount of fawning praise will ever convince me to purchase a LELO toy again. My encounters with the customer "service" at LELO resulted only in frustration and wasted time; my encounter with the excellent customer service at Minna USA resulted in a brand new Minna Ola being shipped to my door within 72 hours of first contacting that company. So, super glad that you're happy with your free Ora 2, but nope, not buying another LELO toy until they figure out how to a) make a truly "waterproof" toy and b) treat their customers with respect, instead of presuming that every customer is out to scam them.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Lurker
0 likes
Just a few weeks ago I invested about $120 for a LELO Mona 2 luxury 'G' spot vibe which is heaven! The Ora sounds intriguing but I don't really need it, hubby has a great tongue; and if he's not around, my licked fingertips are good enough.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

While reading though, I kept wondering if it would also work for rimming.

You can use it for rimming, but the design isn't ideal. I do think body type will factor in a bit - you will need to be able to spread ass cheeks apart, so it's best if you're playing as a couple. You can use it solo as well, but you have to be flexible enough to be able to get into a position that's comfortable and that will allow for full contact. Really, a well-lubed vibrator tip moving in circles would work just as well (in lieu of a tongue) and that way, you wouldn't have to worry about the depth of the ass cleft if you're spread wide enough.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
Unless they've managed to figure out the whole Click & Charge thing, as both Fun Factory and Minna have been able to do, no amount of fawning praise will ever convince me to purchase a LELO toy again. My encounters with the customer "service" at LELO resulted only in frustration and wasted time; my encounter with the excellent customer service at Minna USA resulted in a brand new Minna Ola being shipped to my door within 72 hours of first contacting that company. So, super glad that you're happy with your free Ora 2, but nope, not buying another LELO toy until they figure out how to a) make a truly "waterproof" toy and b) treat their customers with respect, instead of presuming that every customer is out to scam them.

I haven't had a LELO break down before, so I have never dealt with their CS. I know a friend who had an issue once and she said the process of getting a new one was pretty seamless, but sounds like you had a bad experience and are generally turned off.

You should post some reviews on the toys you like sometime if you're able to.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by LadyAnnWest
Just a few weeks ago I invested about $120 for a LELO Mona 2 luxury 'G' spot vibe which is heaven! The Ora sounds intriguing but I don't really need it, hubby has a great tongue; and if he's not around, my licked fingertips are good enough.

Toys are really pricey these days. And definitely nothing beats a real tongue! smile
Lurker
0 likes
What a fantastic review! I think I just may have to purchase one!
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
ORA 2: The World's Most Sophisticated Oral Sex Simulator Just Got Better

A review and comparison of LELO's award-winning bestseller!

Last year LELO launched the ORA - a ground-breaking little pleasure massager that performed in a way that endless vibrators before it simply could not. The big revelation behind its inception should seem obvious: Women like oral sex!

Most traditional vibrators are either focused on penetration or are reliant upon steady vibrations and pulses directly on the clit, that – let’s face it – feels nothing like a tongue. Not to mention that if you already own a couple of these kinds of vibrators, you’re probably left feeling like you’ve 'been there, done that.' After all, how many variations do you really need of a product that generally feels the same and does the same things?

ORA entered the market at the beginning of 2014 with her sleek midnight blue curves and swirling and rotating nub that can circle and flick against a clitoris like a tongue and vibrate at the same time. It quickly went on to become a bestseller and became the first ever sex toy to win a Cannes Lions Award.

Last week, LELO launched the ORA 2 – the new and improved second-generation model. If you were hesitant about buying the original, haven’t gotten around to it yet, or if this is all new to you, the ORA 2 might make a great new addition to your toy box.

There are several notable and very noticeable improvements.

The Look:

The ORA 2 retains the size, shape, weight and luxe feel of its predecessor. It's from LELO's insignia line, which means it has the signature metallic inlay detailing and the attention to aesthetics as well as performance. This is the kind of sex toy you wouldn't mind leaving in plain view on your nightstand or pulling out to use with a new partner. It looks good!

There is one very noticeable difference between the original ORA and the ORA 2, and the old saying, "size makes a difference," applies here. The most important feature on the ORA is the little nub that moves and swirls under its silicone skin sphere, like the tip of a tongue. And let's just say, it got bigger - way bigger!

Why is this important? It means more pressure on your clit, stronger swirls and who wouldn’t prefer a longer tongue-tip to a shorter one if you had the choice? This is by the far the best improvement to the original model – especially for women with a petite clit, like me.

Performance:

The new ORA 2 employs the ‘Sensetouch™ Technology’ that LELO features on many of its other toys. Vibrations activate on contact with skin. Because of this, it does feel like it packs more power than the original model. If you put both versions on at full tilt, the ORA 2 provides more pressure, more vibration and generally a more intense experience on both the clit and labia.

There are ten stimulation modes and you can vary the intensity for each mode by using the '+' and '–' buttons. These patterns offer both vibration plus swirling (including full and half-swirls), and also just swirling and flicking on its own without the vibration effect that one certainly wouldn’t get with a real oral sex experience. Personally, I’m a fantasy-girl and tend to enjoy both sensations at full blast, but it’s nice to have the variety that the different stimulation modes offer. There are some good ones, especially if you appreciate a good tease. I had no trouble reaching orgasm with this model, in literally just a couple of minutes. If you’re used to just the sensations of a standard clit-massager and looking for something different, this is a welcomed change.

Noise Level:

I also noticed that the ORA 2 is significantly quieter than the original model. With the original ORA, you can hear the rotation. The new ORA hums at the same noise-level as LELO’s standard vibrators – you don’t hear the rotation at all. This is actually a huge improvement as far as I'm concerned, especially if you need to keep your play-time discreet or are using it with a partner.

It's Waterproof:

The original was waterproof and this one is as well. It’s a nice size to keep in the shower or on the side of your tub. Water or a bit of water-based lube is the perfect way to get that slippery tongue-tip feeling if you’re not already feeling juicy.

ps. You’ll get a small sample of lubricant in your ORA box, if you don’t already stock it in your bedside table.

USB-charger:

This one comes with a USB-recharger instead of the standard wall chargers that I’ve been used to with LELO’s previous toys. Technically I’m not a fan of this, but it’s really up to personal choice. I prefer to charge directly from a wall socket, but the USB charger may offer more versatility, especially if you travel. ORA 2 is compatible with all of LELO’s chargers though, so if you already own other models, you can use those standard wall chargers without a problem.

Final Thoughts:

I know that second generation products can sometimes feel like it’s just another excuse to remarket and relaunch a product while only offering minor improvements, but this isn’t one of them. The bigger size of the ‘tongue tip’ nub, the significantly improved noise level and the added SenseTouch™ technology really do set this apart from the original.

I actually started wondering how large a toy like this could feasibly go with the tongue-tip nub before it would potentially become uncomfortable. Might an ORA 3 be on the horizon in years to come? Not to mention, I think a toy that combined the tongue-swirling ORA technology with the vibrating penetration length of the Soraya model would probably be an instant bestseller.

We’ll see what LELO comes up with in years to come. In the meantime, if you skipped buying the original ORA, you’ll want to put its successor on your wish-list. It’s a solid winner.

You can buy this on the LELO website or one of their retailers. It's also on the LUSH Store as well, so you can add it to your 'wish list' on your profile just in time for the holidays! smile

Disclaimer: products were provided to me for my honest feedback and review.

I could read serious reviews of advanced sex toys by you all day. I imagine you with glasses on and everything as you write this.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

I could read serious reviews of advanced sex toys by you all day. I imagine you with glasses on and everything as you write this.

Haha. Yep, glasses and my hair in a top-knot. I literally just got glasses very recently. They totally work with the vibe. smile
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
They totally work with the vibe. smile

Haha...vibe. I see what you unintentionally did there.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Dani

Haha...vibe. I see what you unintentionally did there.

Impossible to resist. ;)
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Coco
Bigger? Hmmm.... You make it sound like it's worth purchasing.

Yep, bigger is better. biggrin

But yeah- when I first got it, I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to differentiate between the original and the new version because I had both in the midnight blue colour, but then I realized it was very obvious based on the size of the 'tongue tip'. You can see it in the comparison pics I posted.

It doesn't surpass the Soraya model (nothing really does), but this is the best clit vibe I've tried, just because it offers the most variation. And it's pretty.
Cocolicious
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Yep, bigger is better. biggrin

But yeah- when I first got it, I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to differentiate between the original and the new version because I had both in the midnight blue colour, but then I realized it was very obvious based on the size of the 'tongue tip'. You can see it in the comparison pics I posted.

It doesn't surpass the Soraya model (nothing really does), but this is the best clit vibe I've tried, just because it offers the most variation. And it's pretty.

It may be time for an upgrade.