Rare (12 votes) 20%
Meduim rare (30 votes) 49%
Meduim (12 votes) 20%
Medium to well done (7 votes) 11%
Well done (10 votes) 16%
Utterly frazzled (3 votes) 5%
English Rose
0 likes
I'm cooking two special steaks this evening for my girlfriend and I. I love mine well coloured but still pink in the middle and without any blood. I would usually ask for "medium rare" at the pub or a restaurant. When I hear other people ordering steaks, "well done" seems to be asked for more than any other cooking type. Is that really the most common request?
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
As I understand it, medium rare is how a steak is supposed to be cooked to get the best flavour. Some fancy restaurants won't even give you a choice. And according to industry research, cooking a steak to about sixty-five degrees - I think maybe sixty-seven, I can't quite remember - will get it to optimal tenderness. It's right at the point that the sinew relaxes and melts, but before the rest of the meat begins to break down.

I like a nice, caramelised, just slightly crispy outside, with a juicy pink interior, with no gristle, bone or big lumps of fat. There's something about a barbecue that seems to get the best results.

But my wife, a chef mind you, insists on having it well done.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Lurker
0 likes
When I hear other people ordering steaks, "well done" seems to be asked for more than any other cooking type. Is that really the most common request?

Most common does not make it correct. There are a lot of ignorant people in this world.

Many people get meat cooked well done because they are afraid of germs. A germ free piece of food is as tasteless as it sounds.

Also, there is a correlation behind germ free and almost germ free and taste. Not all meat is the same either. Primal cuts (like steak) have less germs to begin with. Ground meat, has more surface area and touches more surfaces that the % of germs is much higher inside the meat itself. Therefore a meatballs/hamburgers/etc. need to be on a higher temperature to get to the center of the meat.

Basically, use your judgement. If the place seems like they value cleanness, then order a rarer cooking. I do that in the US. If it is like some of of the places I go where I live now, with the meat hanging in the facility cooking area and it is fly covered, you want the meat cooked for a longer time & hotter temp.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
medium for me, no red liquid and slightly pink in the middle.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I love steak and always order it Medium Rare. Pink inside......

xo
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Well done. I know, it's better medium rare and all that.

But it's a mental thing. Burn it to a crisp if you have to, but don't bring it to me even slightly pink.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Senior Analyst
0 likes
Medium rare. I think if a steak is cooked any more than that it starts to dry out, and I don't want to pay a bunch of money for steak jerky.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Porgy87
Medium rare. I think if a steak is cooked any more than that it starts to dry out, and I don't want to pay a bunch of money for steak jerky.

Yep I agree, favorite cut is Filet Mignon....yum
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I eat very little red meat, but if its being served, and I'm asked, I want mine cooked medium well with just a hint of pink in the center.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
I eat very little red meat, but if its being served, and I'm asked, I want mine cooked medium well with just a hint of pink in the center.

why did I get an entirely different image with that 'hint of pink in the center'? part of the post
English Rose
0 likes
Quote by LadyAnnWest

why did I get an entirely different image with that 'hint of pink in the center'? part of the post

I'm waiting for someone to say they like it hot and juicy lol
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...
Lurker
0 likes
I like something from medium rare to well done... more on the well done side.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Rib eye - Blue.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Medium rare to blue if its a particularly good bit of fillet steak
Lurker
0 likes
Medium/well. The only time blood should run from meat is when it's getting carved by the butcher and not soaking my vegetables x
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Fleshlover
Medium/well. The only time blood should run from meat is when it's getting carved by the butcher and not soaking my vegetables x

Exactly.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by KatieElizabeth

I think you must be the first in the Mooing category. Is a "blue" steak cooked at all?

The steak must be at least 20cm thick. (A bit less than an inch.)
Seared both sides and sealed over a hot flame - then two minutes on each side over a medium to hot flame. NOT pan fried.
Its all accomplished in less than 5 minutes. Generally there is no need to rest the meat afterwards as in a medium cooked steak.
Result - warm right through with a nice crust on the outside and the juices set not running.
It takes a good chef to get one perfect - and I am not bad at it, and better than my guys.
English Rose
0 likes
Quote by Meggsy

The steak must be at least 20cm thick. (A bit less than an inch.)
Seared both sides and sealed over a hot flame - then two minutes on each side over a medium to hot flame. NOT pan fried.
Its all accomplished in less than 5 minutes. Generally there is no need to rest the meat afterwards as in a medium cooked steak.
Result - warm right through with a nice crust on the outside and the juices set not running.
It takes a good chef to get one perfect - and I am not bad at it, and better than my guys.

Sounds yummy. Get yourself across the globe and cook me one!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Marta_
I like something from medium rare to well done... more on the well done side.

The only well done thing I want is - ME.
0 likes
Cut into strips and stir fried. Not really a fan of steak anymore.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Meggsy

The only well done thing I want is - ME.

Good for you. I was talking about how I like it. Obviously not all of us have the same tastes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mid Rare. I can even handle it on the Rare side, but I won't eat it Blue or over Medium.

In case you ever want to know what the difference is:

TIP: If you don't want your meat to run bloody, let it rest. 5mins covered with foil. That goes for any from Blue to Mid Well. If you cut into it, the "beef tea/au jus" will run all over the place because the steak did not sit long enough for it to be incorporated back into the meat.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TheDevilsWeakness
Mid Rare. I can even handle it on the Rare side, but I won't eat it Blue or over Medium.

In case you ever want to know what the difference is:

TIP: If you don't want your meat to run bloody, let it rest. 5mins covered with foil. That goes for any from Blue to Mid Well. If you cut into it, the "beef tea/au jus" will run all over the place because the steak did not sit long enough for it to be incorporated back into the meat.

Couldn't have said all this better myself.
Lurker
0 likes
Nice graphic.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Medium rare.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
medium, with an oaky cabernet.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love a nice juicy piece of meat. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Now get your mind out of the gutter. I was talking about medium rare. ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Furrburger is the best served juicy