dating tips

last reply
11 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am trying to get back into dating and would love a few tips. I'm a tad out of practice with all this.

What is your best dating tip?

examples: when should I call him? good ideas for a date? tips for a good conversation?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Don't be phoney and try not to be a mental case.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Know what you really want
Look for a wedding ring. That way you know if he is married or not
Ask question and find out. As much as you can. Before you start dating the person
Have lots of fun
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The best advice I can give is to relax and have fun. If you're those things, it'll carry into your conversation. Ask leading questions, that start with the phrase "tell me about..." that way it'll give them the chance to elaborate.

Also don't drink too much...

Good Luck, I hope you find what you're look for, and have fun while you're looking!!

Mama
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
First, don't be a mental case.
Second, dress appropriately for the occasion.
Third, be yourself, (never lie and be truthful).
Fourth, always have a mental picture of the person you want to share your life with and the qualities he would possess.
Lurker
0 likes
Call him when you know he'll answer. As for the date itself... let it happen, don't try to make it happen. Be yourself and treat him/her as you yourself want to be treated(!!!) It's good to meet others halfway, but you're not obligated to do everything your companion wants. You're free to stay in your own comfort zone. If he/she demands more than you're really willing to give, then that person doesn't really care about you, they're just there for their own gratification and there's no reason to see them again and there's every reason not to see them again. If they are tangibly interested in your needs and comfort, then that's a good sign because he/she probably/hopefully realizes that being together isn't all about making just them being happy; it's about the two of you being happy together. Although not a lot of people get that.
Chuckanator
0 likes
1. Don't talk about past relationship.

2. Don't act needy or desperate. Even if you are.

3. Be casual. Be yourself.

4. Ask questions. Most guys favorite subject is themselves.

5. Make eye contact when you talk and smile. It shows your interest.

6. Don't interrupt or finish his sentence.

7. NEVER refuse a gift.

8. If he takes you to dinner, don't order the most expensive thing on the menu and not eat it.

9. If he says something you oppose let him know politely without arguing.

10. Have fun and trust your instincts. There are three billion men in the world. You'll be fine.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't think you should call him at all to begin with, text instead but don't bombard him with them.
Let him do the chasing, most guys like to pursue, not be pursued.
As Chuck says, if you like him, show interest. Facial expressions are very important. Most guys will pick up on them.
Above all, just be yourself!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Ls63563
Don't be phoney and try not to be a mental case.

This
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Megis
Ask question and find out as much as you can before you start dating the person.

Best pre-dating tip.

One dating tip would be to always be in the right mind, meaning don't be impaired by alcohol or other substances.

Clearheadedness equals no bullcrap can be pulled.

Lurker
0 likes
What about online relationship?
And no experience in the relationship department.
Lurker
0 likes
Best tip? Have fun and enjoy yourself. Don't take yourself too seriously. I think people naturally gravitate towards happy people.

I think everyone appreciates someone who is direct and knows what they want. So if you want to call him and set up a date, do it. Don't sit around waiting for him to make it happen.

Personally, I like active/engaging dates...some of my favourites have been going to a comedy club or getting out in the open on a nice hike. Do something you enjoy!

Good conversation, I think it's good to keep things light. Any opportunity to take the piss is always a bonus. Take an interest in him. Joke, laugh etc.