Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Can an introvert and an extrovert person live a happy life together?

last reply
20 replies
2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
As in a couple?
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Definitely! It works best when the guy is the introvert and the girl is the extrovert though! I've also been in two girl/girl relationships where my girlfriends were both introverts, while I'm a TOTAL extrovert! I think introverts NEED extroverts to bring them out of their shells!
Chuckanator
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
Definitely! It works best when the guy is the introvert and the girl is the extrovert though! I've also been in two girl/girl relationships where my girlfriends were both introverts, while I'm a TOTAL extrovert! I think introverts NEED extroverts to bring them out of their shells!

I couldn't agree more. You nailed this one. I'll expand this question. Could a liberal progressive and die hard Conservative coexist or even thrive in a relationship?
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by ChuckEPoo

I couldn't agree more. You nailed this one. I'll expand this question. Could a liberal progressive and die hard Conservative coexist or even thrive in a relationship?

Ask James Carville! lol Seriously! I dunno what keeps those two together!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

That's funny because I would say I'm an introverted extrovert. I do need a bit of a push.
Anyway, don't they say opposites attract.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by dpw

That's funny because I would say I'm an introverted extrovert. I do need a bit of a push.
Anyway, don't they say opposites attract.

I agree with most others on here opposites do attract. I'm quite introverted. So Derek if I give you a gentle push.....
Prolific Writer
0 likes
They can but it is a lot of work. My husband is an introvert and I am an extrovert. We struggle with things.

I like to face my problems and he likes to keep them inside.

Sometimes I get very upset and frustrated.

I think communication is the key....

I am very outgoing and very friendly and love to have fun. It is like two different worlds sometimes.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm an introvert, and to be honest, people are exhausting. Being around extroverts feels like my energy is being sucked out, and it really drains me. My partner is a bit of both - sometimes he's a total extrovert (we tend to fight more, because I just want him to leave me alone when he wants to play) and sometimes he loves sitting quietly with a book.

It can work, communication is the key as with any relationship.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes I have been with both and found introverts to be alot of fun. Once you get to know them. I am always going and doing things. Its nice to have someone that wants to stay home and do things with you
Have lots of fun
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by AriOli101
I'm an introvert, and to be honest, people are exhausting. Being around extroverts feels like my energy is being sucked out, and it really drains me. My partner is a bit of both - sometimes he's a total extrovert (we tend to fight more, because I just want him to leave me alone when he wants to play) and sometimes he loves sitting quietly with a book.

It can work, communication is the key as with any relationship.

You're an introvert? That surprises me. Is there an extrovert trying to get out? I think that's me, more insecure than introvert.
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

or vice versa.

Yeah, I'm not sure how two extroverts would feel about sharing center stage.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sure, why not?
Writing quality explicit material for over eight one-hundredths of a century.

"If, after hearing my songs, just one human being is inspired to say something nasty to a friend, or perhaps to strike a loved one, it will all have been worth the while." - Tom Lehrer

"There is no such thing as good luck or bad luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation for a statistical universe." - Robert Heinlein
Lurker
0 likes
Thank you for making me feel better. You can guess why i would have asked it.
English Gentleman
0 likes
yes, they can. two of my best friends live together and one is introvert and the other is extrovert. they make it work and they are really good friends.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I definitely think they can, as long as both people are understanding of the other. There needs to be compromise, but that should be present in any successful relationship.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Of course they can. Cause I've been in a relationship like that. I'm pretty introverted outside of lush and my gf at the time was a huge extrovert.

She did bring me out of my shell a bit too. So I'm now more confident in conversation. But initiating one irl still fills me with anxiety and dred
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Introvert or extrovert, I think no relationship can truly grow if you go on holding back. In spite of their differences, introverts and extroverts make great romantic partners. But if you remain clever and go on protecting yourself, only the apparent personalities meet, and the essential human centers remain alone. In this situation, only your mask is related, not you. And in introvert or extrovert relationship, partners balance each other out. Perhaps it’s a case of opposites attracting, what one partner lacks, the other more than makes up for. But the most important thing is that heart and soul is involved, otherwise, there are four persons in the relationship, not two; two false persons go on meeting, and the two real persons remain worlds apart. Is't it ? smile
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Of course. I'm an extreme introvert and my wife is extroverted (relatively). For the most part we complement each other. She encourages me to get out and be more social and not get carried away in my own head, and I can keep her grounded when she gets caught up in friend-drama. At the same time we respect each other and make room for each other to be ourselves. I accept and appreciate who she is and don't try to change her, and vice versa. We've been together for about a dozen years now and most of it has been happy.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Yes.

I said yes previously and I've changed my mind.

No.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We compliment each other. As extrovert I am naturally dominant in the bedroom. As introvert she is naturally submissive .With roleplaying we sometimes change roles .

So Yes .