Recommended Read

last reply
19 replies
2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
How does a story get a "Recommended Read" button attached to it? Especially if its a new story, just posted?
"Sometimes you have to believe in someone else's belief in you before the belief in yourself kicks in" ~Les Brown
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by jacobport
How does a story get a "Recommended Read" button attached to it? Especially if its a new story, just posted?

one of the mods thinks enough of it to attach it - in fact, most RRs will be attached immediately after posting.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

one of the mods thinks enough of it to attach it - in fact, most RRs will be attached immediately after posting.

That's pretty much it...

The difference between the RR and the EP/EC awards is that a SINGLE Moderator can decided to award an EP, (as Lady Disney says,) this usually at the point where the Moderator first reads/edits/posts a piece. The RR is a Subjective Choice by a single Mod based on personal taste, usually considerable experience and indeed a recognition of the fact that the story is worthy of a FLAG to make the Wider Readership aware of it's quality and appeal.

An Editors Pick/Editors Choice Award, on the other hand, has to be Nominated by a Single Moderator, but then goes through a process of discussion, lasting about two weeks, by a panel of experienced Mods who after said discussion make a final vote. (RR's incidentally CAN go on to be become EP/EC if they are further nominated.) As an Ex-Mod, I'd GUESS that about 65% of suggested EP/EC nominees go on to earn the ribbon.

Both are VERY honourable awards. Lush Story Mods are chosen for their writing ability in MOST cases, BUT, in some cases, can be asked to come on board because of a proven record of intelligent, supportive and encouraging comments on the stories of other members. In MOST cases it's a combination of all those factors.

It might be worth mentioning that in nominating a story for RR, a Moderator is REALLY staking His/Her professional reputation on that call. So to get one is a HUGE vote of confidence in your talent.

(I have several RRs. They are great! I don't think EP/ECs are worth a fuck...)

xx SF

Nicola: "Your Honor, I have a couple further questions for this witness? Miss Steff, you have HOW MANY RR awards?"

Me: "I dunno... Maybe four or five..."

Nicola: "And how many EP awards..."

Me: "I really don't remember..."

Nicola: "Is it true that in fact you have NO EP/EC awards whatsoever?"

Me: "That may be true..."

Nicola: "Ms. Steff, you've been writing here for almost five years, is that a fair statement?"

Me: "Are we fucking done here?"

Nicola: "No further questions, Your Honor..."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This was very informative. Thank you. smile

Please check out my stories. <3
Matriarch
0 likes
This thread is a bit dated.

Steph now has one EP
Lurker
0 likes
It's a mystery. Some get one over and over for writing basically the same thing,

over and over.

but different variations.
Lurker
0 likes
I've always felt a little uncomfortable over the awarding of accolades on this site. It's actually the reason why I am reluctant to upload a story of my own.

In my short time here, it has become apparent to me that this is quite the hot potato. It seems to be a prime catalyst for controversy and conspiracy theories. In fact, it's gone straight in at number 3 on my list of topics most likely to cause a ruckus.

1. Religion
2. politics
3. The awarding of accolades on Lush Stories.

It is therefore an issue with which I shall not be concerned.

Besides, the moderators do a fantastic job. I'm sure there is no bias on their part.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by tiddlywink
I've always felt a little uncomfortable over the awarding of accolades on this site. It's actually the reason I am reluctant to upload a story of my own.

In my short time here, it has become apparent to me that this is quite the hot potato. It seems to be a prime catalyst for controversy and conspiracy theories. In fact, it's gone straight in at number 3 on my list of topics most likely to cause a ruckus.

1. Religion
2. politics
3. The awarding of accolades on Lush Stories.

It is therefore an issue with which I shall not be concerned.

Besides, the moderators do a fantastic job. I'm sure there is no bias on their part.

You should submit a story anyway. I didn't do it for any reasons other than to see if I could, and for the fun of it.
My RR came out of the blue, I thought someone was pulling my leg, lol.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by dpw

You should submit a story anyway. I didn't do it for any reasons other than to see if I could, and for the fun of it.
My RR came out of the blue, I thought someone was pulling my leg, lol.

Oh, Derek, it's not just that. Whenever I try writing a sex story it turns into a science fiction fantasy story with a bit of rumpy-pumpy in the middle. People don't want to read that.

I blame Terry Pratchett. I should never have read all those Discworld novels. Though I must admit, they were rather fun.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by tiddlywink

Oh, Derek, it's not just that. Whenever I try writing a sex story it turns into a science fiction fantasy story with a bit of rumpy-pumpy in the middle. People don't want to read that.

I blame Terry Pratchett. I should never have read all those Discworld novels. Though I must admit, they were rather fun.

Actually, sounds kind of fun. I'm with Derek. Send it in. Will it get a lot of reads? Maybe not, but people are always looking for something different and I bet you'd find an audience. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Head Penguin
0 likes
Quote by tiddlywink

I think you would have a lot of readers. You're clearly very eloquent and I think a sexy science fiction scenario would be very readable. I think you should go for it!

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"rumpy-pumpy"?
“It's nice sometimes to open up the heart a little and let some hurt come in. It proves you're still alive.”
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by billybroadband
"rumpy-pumpy"?

Yes. And I call foreplay "slap and tickle".
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Actually, sounds kind of fun. I'm with Derek. Send it in. Will it get a lot of reads? Maybe not, but people are always looking for something different and I bet you'd find an audience. smile

Sprite, the things you've done to help me have not gone unnoticed and are greatly appreciated. You are a caring and compassionate lady and someone I look up to.

Once I've written something I'm happy with, I shall submit it. Unfortunately, where I'm concerned, such matters have seldom, if ever, been simple and straightforward. If only I could be normal like everyone else, but I can't seem to do anything without causing a fuss.

I am grateful for your kindness and warm encouragement. If you should ever need me for anything, anything at all, you only need ask.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DanielleX

I think you would have a lot of readers. You're clearly very eloquent and I think a sexy science fiction scenario would be very readable. I think you should go for it!

Danny, your kind words are emboldening.

There are some great writers on here -- including you -- and I strive to emulate their quality.

There's a saying that I've always lived by: "If something's worth doing, it's worth doing well."

I hope to submit something soon, though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by tiddlywink

Yes. And I call foreplay "slap and tickle".

So Sci Fi, BDSM and tickle fetish. If you pump plenty of rump, you're onto a winner.3MTodtiDVqT2K0Rm
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by dpw

So Sci Fi, BDSM and tickle fetish. If you pump plenty of rump, you're onto a winner.8ijA8jLTmF68dA83

Yes, good one, Derek. That's duly noted. :d/

So you're suggesting that pumping the rump and tickling the genitals with a feather whilst Obi-Wan Kenobi dishes out the punishment is the formula for success.

Good heavens. I must apolagise. I've been at the wine again.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think I'd pay money to read that.
“It's nice sometimes to open up the heart a little and let some hurt come in. It proves you're still alive.”
Lurker
0 likes
Im with DPW...accolades are very much overrated and useless words. Just give me something worth reading. As a writer I appreciate honesty and that is all I need.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by billybroadband

Have your credit card at the ready, my friend.

The wheels are in motion.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by billybroadband

The wheels are in motion, my friend.
Buxom Enigma
0 likes
Quote by tiddlywink

Danny, your kind words are emboldening.

There are some great writers on here -- including you -- and I strive to emulate their quality.

There's a saying that I've always lived by: "If something's worth doing, it's worth doing well."

I hope to submit something soon, though.

I definitely will keep an eye out. I LOVE science fiction and am actually working on a longer sci-fi erotic piece. A friend of mine on another site brought me to the realization that the two work very well in tandem as well as they do apart.

I look forward to seeing your name in our queue!
"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader - not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon." -E.L. Doctorow