Login

Senior moments.

last reply
9 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Site administrator
0 likes
Those of us at a certain age and above (coughs) will I am sure have experienced some of the more common senior moments.. going into the fridge or a particular room and once there you can’t remember what it is you wanted to get or do. Losing something only to find hours later it’s in your back pocket (keys, pen, comb etc.)
Beyond that I admit to finishing a mobile call (cell phone); intending to put in back on the charger in the kitchen and I open the fridge door .. like duh!. Getting a tin of lager out of the fridge after a tiring day, getting a glass from the cupboard and then putting the beer back in the fridge!.

Ok .. circa 20 minutes ago this takes the biscuit for me and prompted this fun thread. After brushing my teeth over the wash basin in the bathroom I then always apply a spray anti-p under my arms. On the glass shelf above the basin I have 3 products all the same brand so they are all the same colour/design in terms of the product packaging; a spray anti-p, a roll-on deo and a spray can of sensitive skin shaving gel. Well wtf .. after falling on the floor in hysterics yep I am then using toilet tissue to remove the gel from my left armpit.

Anything to share?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
(This is going to be a super senior momment by the way, since it involves Bengay.)

I keep Bengay at work for when my knees act up or pulled muscles. So a few days ago I need some relief from a pulled calf muscle, took the Bengay out of the drawer and headed off to the bathroom to apply it. When I was done with the application on bothersome muscle, I put the tube in my back pocket and headed to the breakroom to heat my lunch up. Then I went back to my seat and ate my lunch. A few hours later my calf needed a refresh. I could not find the tube to save my life. I thought well I probably left in the break room. Heading out the door for home, I checked the break room, no tube. I went back to the bathroom checking my regular stall, no tube. I went back to my desk and checked all my drawers, no tube. Even checked my lunch bag, no tube. Thought oh well someone got a half used tube of Bengay and headed home. When I got home, I went to change into my comfy clothes. Low and behold what is in my back pocket? A tube of Bengay. I had been sitting on it all afternoon. Talk about numb from both ends.

So John I can totally relate.
Lurker
0 likes
Here's a good one.... having a salad at a fast food place, using some hand sanitizer on my hands before opening up the salad container, then taking the lid of the salad and squeezing hand sanitizer on the salad instead of salad dressing... Didn't taste too good.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can relate to the above comments, but they all remind me of a joke my mother told me when my Dad retired.

A retired couple went to see a doctor for a checkup and some aging advice. He replied by saying that his most important suggestion was to write yourself a note. They both nodded, and said they thought it was a good idea.

That night they were watching TV, when between shows, the wife says "I am going to get myself some Ice Cream. Do you want anything?"

"Yes, a dish of Ice Cream would be nice. Better write yourself a note" replied her husband.

"I don't need a note to remember a dish of Ice Cream" she said. "Anything else?"

"Some chocolate sauce would be good too"

And with that she went to the kitchen. She came out several minutes later, and handed her husband a plate of fried eggs.

Her husband took the plate, and replied "See, I told you you should have written a note"

"Why?" was her reply.

"You forgot the bacon!"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Working as I do in a hotel, we see many senior moments.
Possibly the most frequent one is to find them in the corridor in the early hours having opened the room door rather than the bathroom door in the dark.
Most are clothed but some are either naked or wearing brief underwear. The security vision never misses one (or sex in the fire escape either - be careful).
Some are senior's some are not.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've never had a senior...what was the question?
Don't know if it's senior or hungover but I've put Savlon on my toothbrush more than once, lol.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I can't tell you how many times my mom calls me Pip (my twin's nickname) and presumably she also calls my twin Beth!
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
There are no senior moments, everybody is capable of being unfocused, forgetful, and easily distracted.
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Lurker
0 likes
Which way???

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have them for instance I've been know to pour orange juice on my cereals instead of milk.