Christmas songs

last reply
42 replies
4.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
English Rose
0 likes
Where I work we get a different brass band in the foyer every day playing various Christmas carols and songs. It's hard not to get a little fed up with them when I hear them over and over day after day.

Having said that I love Happy Christmas (War is Over) by John Lennon and I Believe in Father Christmas by Greg Lake mostly because it's got a portion of "Troika" from Sergei Prokofiev's Lieutenant Kijé Suite in it.

I also love Silent Night. It's such peaceful carol and makes me think of trees crusted in fresh snow on a moonlit winters night.

What songs, hymns and carols do others like?
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I like 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' because its more songish and less carolish. The really bright and lilting carols usually wear thin rather quickly, so I like the quiet ones like Silent Night and Greensleeves more as well.

America doesn't have many brass bands competing in foyers. That must be a Brit thing.

I love hearing the Nutcracker Suite every Christmas though.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
There is only one Xmas song for me. fairytale of New York by the pogues
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I enjoy old classics mostly (Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, choirs, etc.).

I don't know why, but my favorite has always been God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen:

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I love Let It Snow, by Frank Sinatra too:

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
And for something a bit different :

0 likes
For contemporary popular material, I'd say the same two as Katie's OP: Lennon's "Happy Christmas" and Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas". "Fairytale of New York", mentioned in another post, is good, too.

For more traditional fare, I'm fond of "Silent Night" and "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear".

There's one on Nat King Cole's old Christmas album called "A Cradle in Bethlehem" that I like and I don't know that I've ever heard anyone else sing it but I haven't really researched it either so I'm not sure if it is contemporary or a less well-known carol.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I'm one of those people that doesn't mind Christmas music at all, no matter how repetitive. I love just about any rendition of my favorites.

One of my favorite songs is Silent Night by Temptations:

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Another favorite is Let it Snow by Boys II Men:

Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
And we can't leave out This Christmas:

I got too excited. See? I LOVE Christmas music!

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
Emmerson,Lake and Palmer.'I believe in Father Christmas' , well because I'm totally cynical about the whole affair, which today, is nothing more or less than a Commercial Fest.
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Southern Charmer
0 likes
I know you might find it a little cheesy, but every time I hear it it brings back such good feelings from my childhood.

I wrote a Taboo story with WannabeWordsmith. I think it's great and would love for you to read it. Blank Canvas 1

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by andybbwlover
There is only one Xmas song for me. fairytale of New York by the pogues

Love that songsmile

And

O Holy Night

Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed.
Head Penguin
0 likes
I love all the proper Christmas Carols, particularly O Little Town of Bethlehem, because I sang that at my first nativity

Of the ones that you hear now, I like 'Stay Another Day' but I don't know who it's by

Danny xx

A First Class Service Ch.5

A steamy lesbian three way

Prolific Writer
0 likes
This one is one of my favorites it is Christmas Wrappings from the Waitressess

Prolific Writer
0 likes
This one is one of my favorites it is Christmas Wrappings from the Waitressess

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love Santa Baby. Doesn't matter who is singing it. I just love the song and always have, I guess because I remember my grandmother singing it when we would make Christmas cookies and my grandpa would chime in. Always warms my heart.

While I was out shopping yesterday I noticed a lot of brass bands outside of different shops. But it was slightly warmer so it was hard to get in the Christmas mood. I want to be all bundled up in a scarf and my peacoat. But yesterday with just a 3/4 sleeve and scarf kind of day. Maybe had they been playing last night it would have been perfect weather for it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Rocking Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee since I can remember!
Lurker
0 likes
Two favorites, 'Silent Night' by Tammy Wynette. I think it's by far the prettiest rendition I've ever heard; and 'The Christmas Guest' by Reba Mcentire
Lurker
0 likes
Right Now this one>>>
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Baby It's Cold Outside, Christmas Pipes, and particularly enjoy Lisa Kelly's rendition of Green the Whole Year Round.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm actually quite a scrooge this time of year for a couple of reasons, which aren't really important. And I agree, songs do get a little old when you here them over and over again. But no matter, there are certain ones that I will always sing along with. The most recent was Little Drummer Boy.
Leah Harvey

https://www.lushstories.com/leahharvey1821

My stories can all be found by clicking the link above. Take a chance. I know you'll enjoy yourself. I always do...

My latest stories - https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/guest-of-honor.aspx https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/extreme-measures.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
Porky Pig Blue Christmas

Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by MadameMolly
I know you might find it a little cheesy, but every time I hear it it brings back such good feelings from my childhood.

My favorite Christmas song of all time. Brings back such wonderful memories. Excellent choice. Cheesy?? Not in the least.
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Not one song, I grew up with this album. Still hits the turntable (original 1965 vinyl) every year.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Santa Baby done by Kellie Pickler is the most recent favorite although anything by Sinatra and Bing Crosby
Southern Charmer
0 likes
Quote by amy1967
My favorite Christmas song of all time. Brings back such wonderful memories. Excellent choice. Cheesy?? Not in the least.

Thank you. It's nice to know I'm not the only one!

I wrote a Taboo story with WannabeWordsmith. I think it's great and would love for you to read it. Blank Canvas 1

English Rose
0 likes
Quote by MadameMolly

I didn’t know this song that well, and definitely hadn't seen the video. It's amazing!! It's such an odd mix of Christmas Carol, reggae and steel drums. It shouldn't work, but it just does.

I'm no dancer so shouldn't really comment, but I couldn’t help smiling at the guy's wonderful (maybe not) side to side steps. Hilarious lol
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...