Lovely Lubes?

last reply
11 replies
3.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
I apologise if this has been asked elsewhere. I did look, but I can't find it.

Can anybody recommend a good lube, please? It needs to be safe for use with condoms, and preferably hypoallergenic (WD40 is a bit harsh ). I've read some good reviews on the Durex Play series, and very differing reviews on KY Jelly.

Can anybody here give me any advice, please? I'm not into goose fat or butter, just for the Christmas record. I did read that olive oil can be good (?!), but... I don't like the idea of that...

Thank you for any helpful advice or links.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Shylass
I apologise if this has been asked elsewhere. I did look, but I can't find it.

Can anybody recommend a good lube, please? It needs to be safe for use with condoms, and preferably hypoallergenic (WD40 is a bit harsh ). I've read some good reviews on the Durex Play series, and very differing reviews on KY Jelly.

Can anybody here give me any advice, please? I'm not into goose fat or butter, just for the Christmas record. I did read that olive oil can be good (?!), but... I don't like the idea of that...

Thank you for any helpful advice or links.

Hi Daisy,

I can recommend Sliquid Organics. I bought this water-based one from LoveHoney a few months ago:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15118

It's natural, organic, glycerine, paraben and petroleum-free, vegan, latex, rubber and plastic friendly... the list goes on.

Here's a bit of the description:

The hibiscus, vitamin E and green tea will moisturise the skin, whilst the plant cellulose, aloe barbadensis and cyamopsis make this an incredible, long-lasting lubricant that will be an essential in your bedside drawer.

I'd steer clear of all the chemical cocktail lubes that you find on the pharmacy shelves. This stuff is great.

Liz
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Thanks Liz! Great recommendation!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can recommend Liquid Silk. I'm highly reactive to most soaps, detergents etc (seborrheic eczema) and have no problems with this product.
(Usual disclaimer ! Simply a happy user)
Also, the partners - only a few, I hasten to add -smile - have not reported any difficulties.

Hope that helps with future enjoyment.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I had this thorough scientific analysis of lubes in my bookmarks, if it can help: link

It might be worth checking out if you're prone to vaginal infections and the likes. Some lubes can destroy the natural bacterial flora of the vagina, which can cause troubles. I like this graph (the closer to 0, the less harmful a lube is):

"Lactobacillus species are important for the maintenance of the female genital tract as they produce lactic acid and hydrogen peroxide. Loss of lactobacilli often coincides with an increased susceptibility to HIV-1 infection. Therefore, three species of lactobacilli were tested for retention of viability in the presence of the lubricants. A 1 log10 reduction in bacterial growth was considered a significant loss."

I've also bought Sliquid H2O a few times before; essentially it's the exact same product that Liz recommended, but without all the added organic ingredients (hibiscus, green tea, flax, aloe vera, etc.). I use it mostly for anal or to masturbate, but I like its viscosity and it lasts for quite a while. If you look at that graph up there, it's also quite 'bacteria friendly' if you plan to use it in the vagina, especially compared to some other popular brands (eg. KY Jelly).

And I wouldn't recommend olive oil, at all. Oils are not 'condom friendly' (unless you use them with polyurethane condoms), and they're very likely to cause infections.

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Thank you very much for the replies.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Okay, after doing a lot of reading and research, I decided that I'm going with the KY, because that's what my GP surgery has recommended, and I'm tight (pun not intended) at this time of year.

Plus, I realised that I was stressing so much about the issue, that I was getting more and more uptight about it, which is completely the opposite of what I'm trying to achieve!

I'm also going to drink the Christmas alcohol left for me by Santa, and hope for the best.

Thanks so much for the help. Sliquid Organic H2o is on my Christmas list...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Local regional Supermarket has a liquid gel that I use and find very effective. Not only for helping with inserting dildo and plugs in my ass but also not being irritating and having lasting stay power. Publix Supermarket - "personallubricant" - clear - non greasy . water-soluble - alcohol free. Was not very expensive either and works great.
A determined person with perseverance can overcome many obstacles. They can, many times, perform better than those who are more intelligent, stronger and with better finances by determination and perseverance
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've used off-the-shelf coconut oil for some time now. It works GREAT!!! It's natural, it's a good lubricant, it's an excellent skin moisturizer/oil. It's edible (and doesn't have a real overpowering flavor) and I even eat a tablespoon a day for health reasons.
While the wifey doesn't like 'the flavor,' so limits her oral (hell, she didn't do much of that anyway), she does like having soft, smooth skin (both my hands, and where I rub them) rubbing her.
It doesn't appear to have any negative effect on any of our toys and also works great when using a dollop of it in the tip of a condom. I use them to enhance my own personal jerking.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Try Durex's Play Tingle.....fantastic for both partners
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Olive oil is wonderful. I use it all the time. The irony of using extra virgin olive oil is amusing
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
This is my current go-to lube: Ride Bodyworx (water-based version), by Sliquid:

It's essentially the exact same product from Sliquid previously proposed by both Liz and myself earlier in this thread, only repackaged by Sliquid into this man-oriented line called Ride. Both lines are available for roughly the same price, and no, I frankly haven't noticed any difference between that new product and my previous experiences with Sliquid H2O. Admittedly the link with the gay community is quite strong (if the label 'Ride' isn't an obvious giveaway just check their website, haha), but who gives a flying fuck, I'm simply happy to have a manly black bottle of lube at hand when I'm masturbating alone with my toys or for the periodic anal-fun with my girlfriend (instead of a pretty feminine bottle, which can deter from the intended mood in a lot of situations/scenarios).

I can't praise these lines by Sliquid highly enough, either the standard line or that new man-oriented one (which until proven otherwise, are exactly the same anyway). Pretty much the best water-based lube that I've ever bought (by a significant margin at that), both in terms of overall texture and lasting potential. Not to mention its extremely favorable bacteria-friendly reputation that I briefly presented in my previous post above. And obviously, they also offer silicone or hybrid versions if you somehow tend to prefer these options.

https://ridelube.com/