when did you help someone last time?

last reply
28 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I was watching a video about "Good people help and enjoy" and "good people compilation"..It made me think when I helped someone last time..

So, when did you help someone last time and how did you help?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yesterday and I haven't gone out today.
Lurker
0 likes
I recently helped one of my colleagues realize that he's a complete imbecile. Does that actually count?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
About 5 minutes ago..Spotted another semi backing out of his spot...Made sure no one or him hit anyone.
Lurker
0 likes
Depends on what you mean by helping. I help people understand subjects daily, I look after several websites and help people there out with account problems and the like daily, I help out a selection of animal rescues with fund raising, home checking and awareness raising, if there's anybody around me who needs something that I can provide I do (including buying food and drink for homeless people, running a selection of donation drives for assorted local charities to help people who are less well off and donating with each online purchase through donation sites) and I sew, knit and crochet for lots of charities and good causes too.

The most recent thing was probably yesterday, standing in for my sister who was busy, enabling my nephew to get to his football training session.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
About 10 minutes ago... Pushed their car out if the road... smile
characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
Lurker
0 likes
Couple of weeks ago, elderly lady couldn't start her car. I came out of the store and she called for me. Turns out it was in 'neutral'. We both had a bit of a laugh.
Lurker
0 likes
i am supposed to do this???? ... to help someone??? ... i thought it was for other people to do

Lurker
0 likes
About a week ago I was at the gas station and this woman was short on cash so I helped her out.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Last Friday, her bus broke down so I loaded her kids onto my bus and took them home.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yesterday I held the door for an woman with a cane.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I gave an art class all the materials they needed to do their learning: brushes, paints, inks, pencils, chalk, art papers, etc. No I did not pose for them. lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yesterday
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Pretty much every day. When I shop for the groceries for the day's dinner, the elderly of the neighborhood are often shopping. Nearly always I will help one with lifting, reaching, or finding their groceries. Such a small thing to make their day easier.

One chooses how they want to live their life. You can treat everyone as your friend or as their enemy. Either way, you find out it is true.

I choose to be kind and tolerant.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Here on Lush, yesterday. I help writers get their rejected stories past the mods, and proofread for good writers who want me to catch their mistakes before submission. Being a perfectionist has its uses.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's been too long, actually. I will think of something.
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
For a complete stranger? I'm always holding doors, giving directions, countless people trying to get luggage into overhead bins on planes or off the belt. I carried the bag of a lady I sat next to on a flight from the plane to the carousel. I once helped a girl fill her car with fuel as she had just got a new car and 1, couldn't find the opener for the cap, and 2, had never filled a car with fuel as her dad always did it. I'm constantly helping friends and family with whatever it is they need. One day, I'm going to need their help.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yesterday. Helped a man move out of a apartment building where a drug dealer had been killed two weeks ago.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Five days ago I help this little old guy out by pushing his pick-up to his home almost two miles away and in the rain. And I got sick for helping sad
+cats+with+caption+(1).jpg
Lurker
0 likes
At lunch today, there was a table of Reservists having lunch....I had their waiter bring me their bill and I bought their lunch.
Lurker
0 likes
I helped an old lady climb several flights of stairs, and then took her car to a garage, to rotate the tires.
Lurker
0 likes
About a week ago! There was an older lady in line behind me and I paid for her groceries! She only had 4 items...
Site administrator
0 likes
Every day in my full time job... its largely why I enjoy it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I try to every day
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As others have said I try to help someone somehow every day if I can.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A week ago I drove to the house an unfamiliar elderly woman from a supermarket. She helped her to bring the products home. Her grandson did not wait for her, as she said. What are the stale children!