NEW questions concerning the Membership options

last reply
207 replies
28.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
This thread has been created for people to ask questions about the new membership model.

I have closed off the other thread as it became submerged in messages relating to a programming issue which has now been resolved, and people complaining about the new measures put into place. That is not what this thread is for.

Before posting any questions, please thoroughly read this post: https://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst41205_New-Freemium-Membership-Model-for-2015.aspx which is more or less the same as the PM which is being sent to all members.

Questions already covered off in the above post, or general complaints relating to the new set up, will be deleted to keep this thread from becoming too cluttered.

Key points:

All members registered before 1st January 2015, will effectively be given a 6 month bronze membership.

New members get a 3 month free trial, all features enabled.

Authors published with us already, will be given a lifetime Bronze Membership.
Lurker
0 likes
Will Existing members be given a 6 months free trial or is it 90 days?
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Carl_H
Will Existing members be given a 6 months free trial or is it 90 days?

Carl .. Nicola's final post in the old thread ..

All members registered before 1st January 2015, will effectively be given a 6 month bronze membership. I believe this has now been fixed.

Lurker
0 likes
Hi

On my profile, I see I am awarded bronze membership, but I am not sure if it is because I already sent 3 poems. Is it only for 6 months or is it given because of successfully published poems on site?
Lurker
0 likes
I have a bronze membership too but it says valid till 2034 :s
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

Carl .. Nicola's final post in the old thread ..

All members registered before 1st January 2015, will effectively be given a 6 month bronze membership. I believe this has now been fixed.

Oh right just looked, I hadn't looked before posting that question. Thanks John!
Site administrator
0 likes
A post was made (in the old Q&A thread) about people not wishing to make a payment since the transaction would be highlighted on their subsequent statement as a payment in a different currency with likely conversion details.

I use a MBNA Visa credit card and certainly when I purchased a few golds a while back the entry on the statement was simply this:

28 Jul 14 30 Jul 14 PAYPAL BIGSOFTWARE £30.36

No mention of any currency conversion. I have no idea what other card providers do.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
A post was made (in the old Q&A thread) about people not wishing to make a payment since the transaction would be highlighted on their subsequent statement as a payment in a different currency with likely conversion details.

I use a MBNA Visa credit card and certainly when I purchased a few golds a while back the entry on the statement was simply this:

No mention of any currency conversion. I have no idea what other card providers do.

Well that resolves that issues I had! Thanks for letting me know.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

Same - I used my Mastercard. Pretty much identical. Very "clean" - not likely to raise questions from inquisitive partners if that's your (potential) issue.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When the Gold membership first became available, for my personal security, I purchased a prepaid Visa card to use for my membership. It didn't work. Something with Lush's banking or the processor's banking would NOT accept prepaid credit cards. Consequently, I didn't purchase the Gold membership. Although I was gifted a membership by a friend and by Lush. I'd consider contributing to the site this time as well, but ONLY if I can do it via a prepaid credit card, as I cannot have any unknown charges appear on my "real" account.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
For those that have some concerns about using credit cards or keeping things discreet, please consider setting up a Paypal account (which is free). You can link your bank account to your Paypal and use the "add money from bank account" feature to transfer $10 into your Paypal account. This will take about 5-6 days to clear. Then this money basically becomes a 'Paypal Balance'. You can then use this money to pay for various things online. The only transaction details you will be left with are emails from Paypal letting you know you've paid an online merchant etc.

If - for some reason - you are sharing a Paypal account with a significant other, make a new individual paypal account and use the "Transfer Money to a Friend or Family Member" option from the account linked to your bank account to 'pay yourself' and transfer $10 into the new account. All it will say is that you "Sent Money to Bob Smith" or whatever name you chose for the new paypal account. If questioned by your S.O., say you owe a friend $10 for a bet or whatever story you want to use. Then you can use the 'Bob Smith' account to pay Lush for your membership.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
For those that have some concerns about using credit cards or keeping things discreet, please consider setting up a Paypal account (which is free). You can link your bank account to your Paypal and use the "add money from bank account" feature to transfer $10 into your Paypal account. This will take about 5-6 days to clear. Then this money basically becomes a 'Paypal Balance'. You can then use this money to pay for various things online. The only transaction details you will be left with are emails from Paypal letting you know you've paid an online merchant etc.

If - for some reason - you are sharing a Paypal account with a significant other, make a new individual paypal account and use the "Transfer Money to a Friend or Family Member" option from the account linked to your bank account to 'pay yourself' and transfer $10 into the new account. All it will say is that you "Sent Money to Bob Smith" or whatever name you chose for the new paypal account. If questioned by your S.O., say you owe a friend $10 for a bet or whatever story you want to use. Then you can use the 'Bob Smith' account to pay Lush for your membership.

Great post ..

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I have a quick question here ,,,, i paid to be a member yesterday and that I can tell it has not changed the "medal" is not on profile or such so how long does it take for this to happen ,, the form i filled out did NOT ask for user name or such?

Thanks
SirJusta
aka Justa
Story Verifier
0 likes
For those in the United States, there is an option to transfer plain cash to paypal through moneypak. I don't have any experience with that, but I've seen it recommended by PayPal forum moderators. Perhaps someone familiar with it could say if this is an option?

If you're having trouble with prepaid credit cards, check if the name and address stored with the card company are correct. These details may be missing or incorrect and make otherwise correct transactions fail (I experienced that once trying to use a gifted prepaid card in a local store, which would have been quite embarrasing if I hadn't had my regular card with me). Your best bet is usually a phone call to the issuing company.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by SirJusta
I have a quick question here ,,,, i paid to be a member yesterday and that I can tell it has not changed the "medal" is not on profile or such so how long does it take for this to happen ,, the form i filled out did NOT ask for user name or such?

Thanks
SirJusta
aka Justa

It usually takes around 24 hours but given the amount of activity and change at the moment I suggest you give it a bit longer than that.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm assuming I skimmed over this question/answer in the old thread, but if we have friends that are Free members, are they no longer able to contact us, or is there something in the profile settings that would allow for this?
0 likes
What is bronze membership? I never entered any card details.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
1. When I try to click through to the old thread, I get a 404 error. Has it been removed?
2. Where do I go to get a comparison of the various membership levels?
3. Where do I find the link to buy/pay for a membership?
Lurker
0 likes
If you've missed the announcements, read this thread first.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by fiftyshadesofloopy
What is bronze membership? I never entered any card details.

You have been gifted it by the site since you are an author .. expires 2034 I think you will find.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by MrMark
If you've missed the announcements, read [url=https://]this[/url] thread first.

Thanks, as I said, the link in the first post gave me a 404 error. (It looks like the link added an extra comma at the end of the URL.)
Just a fly on the wall
0 likes
I wont use pay pal or a credit card to pay for services that can't be known - how long will I have to take down images etc that are hosted here before you changed and started requiring a membership
Until Then
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by kiera_nightgal
I wont use pay pal or a credit card to pay for services that can't be known - how long will I have to take down images etc that are hosted here before you changed and started requiring a membership

You will have all the features you have now until 30/6/15. Does that answer your question?
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Another common concern I've been seeing is in regards to only Gold members being able to restrict those who can contact them.

Just to clarify, this only refers to the option that all Gold members have to decide whether or not they want only Gold members to contact them. It does not mean that you can't block members or choose to only be contacted by friends unless you have a Gold subscription.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Instinct79

Well I Can't find anywhere about Online Messaging. Just PM and IM's (which I'm assuming is online chat?)

Instant Messaging is online messages/bb's/black boxes/whateveranyoneelsecallsthem. PM's are private messages, i.e. using the Mail feature.

edit - and before anyone asks; private whispers in the rooms are available to everyone!.