Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What is a Good Masturbation Worthy Type of Story?

last reply
17 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What gets you going in a sex story?

Is it the detail?

The situation?

I want to know so that I can write a better story.

Lurker
0 likes
for me it's a little of everything, but the situation is probably the most important. i need to be taken into a scenario that turns me on before any of the detail, sexual or otherwise, can do much for me.
0 likes
I'm rather with mrd82. I like some context and build-up rather than just two anonymous bodies colliding.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Kind of echoing what's already being said really, but here are the things that I think make a good story...

- I like the stories to have a bit of a background rather than two people just falling into bed together
- I like the stories I read to be somewhat realistic in the sense that if it's a first time story, the guy might not last as long as more experienced men
- If it's a series, I like those stories that make you form a proper relationship between the main characters (One example would be A New World by BagDog9)

I know this makes me seem really picky but I really dislike reading a poorly put together story!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I want a long build up. I want to "be there" with them, be able to visualise them.
Most importantly for me is, I want to know what they are thinking.
Lastly, the sex should be believable. Not a guy with a two foot cock who can jackhammer for ten hours and cums by the gallon.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by JohnSmith10
Kind of echoing what's already being said really, but here are the things that I think make a good story...

- I like the stories to have a bit of a background rather than two people just falling into bed together
- I like the stories I read to be somewhat realistic in the sense that if it's a first time story, the guy might not last as long as more experienced men
- If it's a series, I like those stories that make you form a proper relationship between the main characters (One example would be A New World by BagDog9)

I know this makes me seem really picky but I really dislike reading a poorly put together story!

Not picky at all! It nice to have some vulnerabilities. Helps the reader relate to the characters a little better. I really, really appreciate your feedback.

I'd love you to read my latest story and give me your feedback.

Office Quickies - A Nice Surprise
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by dpw
I want a long build up. I want to "be there" with them, be able to visualise them.
Most importantly for me is, I want to know what they are thinking.
Lastly, the sex should be believable. Not a guy with a two foot cock who can jackhammer for ten hours and cums by the gallon.

I wholeheartedly agree!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Buildup, believability, and pertinent details that pull the reader into the moment. Character development, background, reasons for meeting ate all important. It's not just about bumping into the guy at the grocery store and fucking him in the bathroom...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BubbleButtMan
Buildup, believability, and pertinent details that pull the reader into the moment. Character development, background, reasons for meeting ate all important. It's not just about bumping into the guy at the grocery store and fucking him in the bathroom...

Oh! Great idea for a story! lol

Seriously. Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MercyB

Oh! Great idea for a story! lol

That actually happened to me in the Canary Islands, except we went back to my apartment to fuck, lol.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Believability, character development, and details are all very important for those real crotch grabbers!
Don't let them haters get you down. You are you. And YOU are beautiful!

Latest: My Oddesy 2 - Liam
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Engagement is the key - this doesn't have to be through complex plot or character development - you're writing short stories here. Why bother telling the reader the girl was "blonde, 5'6 and slim" when none of those have any bearing on what's going to happen in the story? Also your reader may not find her attractive now and might start to lose engagement. If she's a shy girl and that's pertinent to the story, that's how you need to lead.

"She was a quiet girl, the kind of girl who wore kirby grips." On its own, as a description, that statement is pretty meaningless but hopefully it's enough lure to hook the reader in to want to know more. You have to give the reader just enough to make them fill in the blanks with their imagination. If they don't have to imagine anything, they won't.

There are more threads like this in the Ask the reader and Ask the author section of the forum

On another note, your forum sig pic is way too large. They shouldn't be more than 150px in height.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by dpw

That actually happened to me in the Canary Islands, except we went back to my apartment to fuck, lol.

HOT! Would love for something like that to happen at least once smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
Engagement is the key - this doesn't have to be through complex plot or character development - you're writing short stories here. Why bother telling the reader the girl was "blonde, 5'6 and slim" when none of those have any bearing on what's going to happen in the story? Also your reader may not find her attractive now and might start to lose engagement. If she's a shy girl and that's pertinent to the story, that's how you need to lead.

"She was a quiet girl, the kind of girl who wore kirby grips." On its own, as a description, that statement is pretty meaningless but hopefully it's enough lure to hook the reader in to want to know more. You have to give the reader just enough to make them fill in the blanks with their imagination. If they don't have to imagine anything, they won't.

There are more threads like this in the Ask the reader and Ask the author section of the forum

On another note, your forum sig pic is way too large. They shouldn't be more than 150px in height.

Thank you for the feedback!! Much appreciated smile
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
If you go to my profile page, you'll find my very first contributions centers around this very subject, and can be noted in some of my poems!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
As to what attracts... I think it's good descriptive detail that allows me to "see" better, details that better feed the pictures developing in a fertile mind.
Lurker
0 likes
Plausibility so I can identify with the characters. Simplicity so the plot isn’t too involved. Motivation - some sexy craving in the female partner. Just a little kinky ness.