guys that shave down bellow

last reply
19 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
how do you not break out when you shave down below i just shaved down there for the first time ever a few days ago and it broke out bad and is sore?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
not sure - shave in the shower - lots of soap - never had a problem
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by choppers802
how do you not break out when you shave down below i just shaved down there for the first time ever a few days ago and it broke out bad and is sore?

Was it a wet shave?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I agree with nullvoid. I shave in the shower with lots of soap, and never have had a problem.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by choppers802
guys that shave down bellow how do you not break out when you shave down below i just shaved down there for the first time ever a few days ago and it broke out bad and is sore?

I never "Bellow" when I shave
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Hytherion

I never "Bellow" when I shave

Not even with the wind in your sails?
Lurker
0 likes
Like the others I shave in the shower - use shaving cream, never had a problem. And I love being shaved, brand new to me. Feels terrific!
Lurker
0 likes
in the shower, in private.....face, ball sack and ass also never ever had a problem. Use a clean and sharp razor
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In the shower. Let it warm up and skin style down. I use soap and prefer women's razors for body shaving. Even guys body razors irritate my skin.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I was prone to razor bumps too when I was shaving, it has always been part of the hassle. Now I wax: my skin is perfect and it actually takes less total time per month.

Razor bumps usually occur because of ingrown hairs:

This generally happens when you shave the hair below the surface of the skin. Two ways to prevent this is to avoid shaving against the grain and to avoid irritation so that you won't scrape your skin.

Not shaving against the grain is pretty self-explanatory: simply shave in the direction of your hair growth. The inconvenient about this is that you won't be able to achieve baby-smooth skin (another reason why I always disliked shaving).

To avoid irritation, you can use appropriate products: shaving creams work best, but some soaps are nice too. Shaving under the shower can also help, as the steam will open your pores, soften your skin and hair, and allow you to get a closer shave. And I agree with the poster above, women's razors (eg. Venus razors) are the best for body hair.

If you still have issues with razor bumps, you can try a product like Tend Skin. Or if you have some DIY genes, you can try a similar homemade formula:

- 80 ml Isopropyl Alcohol 70% (aka Rubbing Alcohol)
- 40 ml Witch Hazel (or Tea Tree Oil, or water)
- x16-18 crushed aspirins (I personally use strong ones, and use only x10)

But to be honest, waxing is much less of a hassle for me (contrarily to the high-maintenance image some people have of it). It only takes 1 hour of my time once every 4-6 weeks, and my skin is perfect. I've started waxing at home about 3 months ago, and I don't think I'll ever look back. You can read my review here, if you're interested.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Our guys trim and keep it short and occasionally complained it itches if they take too much off. They evidently used their razor. I suggested a depilatory cream. Their balls are always hair free and I am sure they don't use the cream on them for obvious reasons.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I always shave in the shower with a good quality razor. I've never had any trouble with ingrowing hairs.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I shave my penis and surrounding area because it makes masturbating and oral sex soooo much better. I use an electric shaver to remove 90%, then a blade razor and soap to smooth the stubble without trying to remove TOO much. Have no problems with shave rash.
You've been a bad girl! Now take your pajamas off and go to my room!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
love it!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by choppers802

I'm not surprised since your skin down there has never experienced a razor.

I take short strokes going with the grain so to speak while rinsing the blade under hot running water often. Your choice of razor is important as well, I prefer a five blade.

And after I'm finished and dried, I apply Aloe Vera Gel to soothe and heal the skin.
colin123
0 likes
I have been shaving for many years. In my experience use shaving gel and new razor, plenty of moisturiser when finished
Lurker
0 likes
I use the Gillette Body system in the shower. I mostly just keep my scrotum and penis shaved, but I have done my entire body after using a hair removal cream. The cream is not good for delicate areas (chemical burns). Good luck, stay smooth my friends
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Shower shaver here - balls, penis, ass. I just use soap and a razor, but have been shaving since I had a vasectomy in 1995.

For face, I am always in front of a mirror.
Red is the color of sex and signs that say Do Not Enter

The best thing to hear in the middle of the night - Lick Me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've never been a shower shaver. Living is drought ridden SoCal, that would be a huge waste of water by shaving my face while all that hot water is running.

Down below, I tend to trim with a set of clippers. Would like to try waxing though...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sure shave all with quatro razor and baby oil nice and smooth, shave face the same, blades last so much longer and no razor burns, occasionally get nicked the septic pencil stings like hell but hmmm kina nice too.
Lurker
0 likes
I had this problem in High School when I started shaving.... Then it went away as I stated to do it more often. Always do it in the shower every other day. I think the moisture helps a lot. Also I read somewhere that colder water is preferred over hot when doing so, but I am not taking a cold shower!