Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Atractive people,with always attract other attactive people,and not so much attractive people.

last reply
64 replies
5.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hello Lush guys,my name Alex,I'm a young man in his 20's.This is something I have been passive about for a while,in back of my mind I already know for sure the world is like this.But when it comes to wanting to talk to attractive women,if you don't have the look they wont give you the time of day.People in general really are going to look at how you look,before they would approach you,even more to have a convocation with you or wanna get to know you.

This is somewhat of a rant,I finally sick and fucking tired of putting the effort to talk to these women,that seem like they don't want to really talk back,like I'm the one doing the talking,and asking the questions and trying to get to know you,but I can tell they are not really interested,in what I have to say.But if the tables were turned and I was this guy that looked good physically,I know for sure they would be all eyes and ears,wanting to know me and all.

Like I said guys,this is just a rant,something happen today that push me to the,"I had enough point." A new transformation in my looks is coming soon,it sucks how something like this would wanna make a guy change his self,for a selfish reason,I guess that's life.

Any advice,is surely appreciated.Thank you.AkkuWZ18XN7rcGkh
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The generic answer would be that if those women don't deserve you at your worst, they certainly don't deserve you at your best.

I guess my advice would be don't be so desperate to find someone immediately. Give it time and you'll find one another!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by JohnSmith10
The generic answer would be that if those women don't deserve you at your worst, they certainly don't deserve you at your best.

I guess my advice would be don't be so desperate to find someone immediately. Give it time and you'll find one another!

Thanks,and I know,I'm just being friendly towards them I'm working on expanding my social circle,I'm not being DESPERATE,I don't do that.If I notice a women is not into me I wont waste my time after the first day.I talk to them.It's just knowing that there not putting in any effort to talk back.I know cause they one word me in everything I ask.I can take a hint that they don't wanna talk,
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by LovingHer17

Thanks,and I know,I'm just being friendly towards them I'm working on expanding my social circle,I'm not being DESPERATE,I don't do that.If I notice a women is not into me I wont waste my time after the first day.I talk to them.It's just knowing that there not putting in any effort to talk back.I know cause they one word me in everything I ask.I can take a hint that they don't wanna talk,

I'm not a guy but I thought I'd butt in anyway. Just wanted to make a few points.

Yes, physical attraction is important. It's the first thing anyone has to go on. How important it is varies among women (and people in general). The point is, it has to be there. However, unappealing people are entering relationships as well as getting laid every single day. So your lack of luck with the ladies may involve more than just your looks.

You say that women don't put in any effort to talk to you. Well, do you have anything interesting to say apart from the usual mundane small talk? And how are you in your approach? Do you impose yourself? Or do you keep going despite social cues that a woman isn't interested in talking to you? Body language is important. If she tenses up, that should be enough to know not to even attempt a conversation.

Yes, it can be rude and off putting, but sometimes being short and sweet is better than engaging only to later be accused of leading a guy on. Most women know when a guy is interested, and if the feeling isn't mutual, we try to get out of it before the inevitable happens.

Side Question: The women that you're attempting to talk to, are they attractive? And if so, why haven't you attempted to talk to unattractive or slightly less attractive women?

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I get the feeling that you might be trying too hard. Just be natural, be yourself, and above all lighten up a bit.
If they get the idea that you are just trying to hit on them they'll not want to know. That's not just what you say, it's how you say it, how you approach them, your demeanour. There's a fine line between being friendly and being pushy.
You can change your look, but it won't make a difference if you approach is wrong.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
So, attractive women are shallow because they seek attractive men, and yet you only approach attractive women yourself? This is pretty much what your title and your post are telling us. If I may ask, how does that make you any less shallow than they are?

Dani gave you some nice advices, but I'll add my own perspective...

The way I see it, in love/dating/relationships a lot of it has to do with accepting and loving your own self. When you're in love with someone and it's reciprocated, an important part of the fulfillment is the pride of realizing who you can manage to attract: "Wow, I can attract a smart and gorgeous lady! I must be a great person myself!". This might sound very selfish, but just about everybody is like that: there's a great deal of self-directed love in relationships, in my very honest opinion.

Now if you keep seeking women that are more beautiful, intelligent, educated and entertaining than you are, it kinda hints to the fact that you're not really satisfied with your own person: how about dating a woman that's your equal? would you be satisfied with that?

Like attracts like, there's no way around it. Why would a gorgeous woman bother with an average looking guy when she can easily attract dozens of handsome males that are just as intelligent and entertaining as he is? Why would a successful guy bother with a girl that has absolutely no ambitions in life? There might be rare exceptions to this and sometimes the 'whole package' will be considered more than individual qualities, but generally speaking this is quite accurate of how things are.

So, here are your options:

1- You keep seeking partners that are out of your range and stay in a perpetual state of dissatisfaction.

2- You accept the fact that you're not all that good-looking and date women that are in your range (and therefore finally accept your own baggage of qualities/flaws).

3- You work on yourself. You want to date attractive women? Be attractive yourself. You want to date interesting women? Be interesting yourself. And so on and so forth.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
So, attractive women are shallow because they seek attractive men, and yet you only approach attractive women yourself? This is pretty much what your title and your post are telling us. If I may ask, how does that make you any less shallow than they are?

The way I see it, in love/dating/relationships a lot of it has to do with accepting and loving your own self. When you're in love with someone and it's reciprocated, an important part of the fulfillment is the pride of realizing who you can manage to attract: "Wow, I can attract a smart and gorgeous lady! I must be a great person myself!". This might sound very selfish, but just about everybody is like that: there's a great deal of self-directed love in relationships, in my very honest opinion.

Now if you keep seeking women that are more beautiful, intelligent, educated and entertaining than you are, it kinda hints to the fact that you're not really satisfied with your own person: how about dating a woman that's your equal? would you be satisfied with that?

Like attracts like, there's no way around it. Why would a gorgeous woman bother with an average looking guy when she can easily attract dozens of handsome males that are just as intelligent and entertaining as he is? Why would a successful guy bother with a girl that has absolutely no ambitions in life? There might be rare exceptions to this and sometimes the 'whole package' will be considered more than individual qualities, but generally speaking this is quite accurate of how things are.

1- You keep seeking partners that are out of your range and stay in a perpetual state of dissatisfaction

2- You accept the fact that you're not all that good-looking and date women that are in your range (and therefore finally accept your own baggage of qualities/flaws)

3- You work on yourself. You want to date attractive women? Be attractive yourself. You want to date interesting women? Be interesting yourself. And so on and so forth.

I actually think this is completely backward. I think you should learn to love yourself because of who you are, and definitely not because of who you can attract. Build confidence in yourself based solely on who you are and not because of who you can attract. Once you get to that point, the rest will take care of itself.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dani

I'm not a guy but I thought I'd butt in anyway. Just wanted to make a few points.

Yes, physical attraction is important. It's the first thing anyone has to go on. How important it is varies among women (and people in general). The point is, it has to be there. However, unappealing people are entering relationships as well as getting laid every single day. So your lack of luck with the ladies may involve more than just your looks.

You say that women don't put in any effort to talk to you. Well, do you have anything interesting to say apart from the usual mundane small talk? And how are you in your approach? Do you impose yourself? Or do you keep going despite social cues that a woman isn't interested in talking to you? Body language is important. If she tenses up, that should be enough to know not to even attempt a conversation.

Yes, it can be rude and off putting, but sometimes being short and sweet is better than engaging only to later be accused of leading a guy on. Most women know when a guy is interested, and if the feeling isn't mutual, we try to get out of it before the inevitable happens.

Side Question: The women that you're attempting to talk to, are they attractive? And if so, why haven't you attempted to talk to unattractive or slightly less attractive women?
The women I do talk to are attractive,some are so,so and for the most part I do keep it short and simple,you know the usual.I ask,"hows your day going",if it's a Monday I would ask,"how was your weekend",and you know gradually when I would see them I would talk to them.And when it comes to women I try not to be shallow.

But like you said attraction is important,something about that women has to appeal to me,it's all not just ass and titty with me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by dpw
I get the feeling that you might be trying too hard. Just be natural, be yourself, and above all lighten up a bit.
If they get the idea that you are just trying to hit on them they'll not want to know. That's not just what you say, it's how you say it, how you approach them, your demeanour. There's a fine line between being friendly and being pushy.
You can change your look, but it won't make a difference if you approach is wrong.

When I approach women,my intentions are NOT to hit on her.I learned that in high school.I know that if you go to a women just to mac on her,she will feel pressured and it won't work.But I go with the intentions of just wanting to know them that's all.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

1- You keep seeking partners that are out of your range and stay in a perpetual state of dissatisfaction

2- You accept the fact that you're not all that good-looking and date women that are in your range (and therefore finally accept your own baggage of qualities/flaws)

I always love myself,that's the first thing anyone should know,I admit when those things do happen to me,it does hurt some times,other times I would just shake it off cause I know it doesn't matter,yes I need to keep working on myself kinda of physically,I know it's not going to be 1,2,3,Rome was not build in a day.But it was just something about today that made me get to my breaking point,I would always endure that kinda stuff with all women,I guess I just got tired of it,that resulted in this post.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LovingHer17

Have you tried letting the women come to you rather than you going to them?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you're not hitting on them why does it even matter what they look like?

They will assume you're hitting on them because that's what men do. Women have to be guarded with what signals they give out, especially to people they don't know. All too often a woman who doesn't reciprocate an advance will be subjected to verbal abuse.

Being introduced to someone is far better than just starting a conversation cold. If that's your only strategy for meeting people you're going to having be prepared to take plenty of knock backs. If you want women as friends, develop friendships with men who have female friends. Introductions do a huge amount to instil trust and confidence - after that all you have to do is not be an asshole.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
They smell desperation and get it all the time.

There's no where for it to go. They're not going to be all over you if you just change your hairstyle. Why are you looking at it so superficially?

When was the last time you approached a women because you actually LIKED her other than 'she's hot'. Seems like you're just wanting a hot quick lay, not a relationship.

The average guys who have hot chick's for wives - it wasn't necessarily physical attraction that drew them together. Gaurantee you they have something in common and see eye to eye on things.

Other than shallow desperation and the desire to be a player - what ARE you bringing into any potential relationship?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LovingHer17

When I approach women,my intentions are NOT to hit on her.I learned that in high school.I know that if you go to a women just to mac on her,she will feel pressured and it won't work.But I go with the intentions of just wanting to know them that's all.

I didn't say that your intentions to hit on them. I said that you might be giving that impression.
If you aren't trying to hit on them, then must be getting the wrong idea. Therefore, your approach must be wrong.
Maybe ask a female friend to analyse it and give you some honest advice.
Lurker
0 likes
I say that women who spend time on their appearance and have standards want men who have the same values.

Your mental approach - the very core of what's driving you forward - is the exact opposite of how they're looking at things.
0 likes
Dani offered some very sage advice vis à vis your approach to women, and your selection of women to approach. You should really take her advice to heart. I can only add that while looks will open the door, looks alone won't earn you an invitation to come into the house.

At least for my part, a man being self-confident (note: this is different from being arrogant), well-read, well-spoken, subtly funny, multi-lingual, and a thousand other tiny, seemingly insignificant things go into the near-instantaneous decision to continue a conversation/begin actively flirting/accepting an invitation to dinner/whatever. It works both ways; I am no great beauty, nothing special to look at, but I am regularly approached by men of all ages and races, just by being myself.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by JohnSmith10

Have you tried letting the women come to you rather than you going to them?
I have always been waiting doing that,and waiting for that day but, it has yet to come.I don't get approached,if I do very,very,very rarely it doesn't really happen for me,well at least at this time in my life.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
If you're not hitting on them why does it even matter what they look like?

They will assume you're hitting on them because that's what men do. Women have to be guarded with what signals they give out, especially to people they don't know. All too often a woman who doesn't reciprocate an advance will be subjected to verbal abuse.

Being introduced to someone is far better than just starting a conversation cold. If that's your only strategy for meeting people you're going to having be prepared to take plenty of knock backs. If you want women as friends, develop friendships with men who have female friends. Introductions do a huge amount to instil trust and confidence - after that all you have to do is not be an asshole.
I always introduce myself,that is always my first approach,I feel like if guys do that then,then women won't feel pressured,or think that they are getting hit on.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Metilda
They smell desperation and get it all the time.

There's no where for it to go. They're not going to be all over you if you just change your hairstyle. Why are you looking at it so superficially?

When was the last time you approached a women because you actually LIKED her other than 'she's hot'. Seems like you're just wanting a hot quick lay, not a relationship.

The average guys who have hot chick's for wives - it wasn't necessarily physical attraction that drew them together. Gaurantee you they have something in common and see eye to eye on things.

Other than shallow desperation and the desire to be a player - what ARE you bringing into any potential relationship?
I don't see myself as being to hard and desperate,and I'm not looking for a quick lay.I know for a fact that a relationship,and a friendship takes time,it can't happen in a day.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Metilda
I say that women who spend time on their appearance and have standards want men who have the same values.

Your mental approach - the very core of what's driving you forward - is the exact opposite of how they're looking at things.
What you say is true.I can see it that way.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LovingHer17
I always introduce myself,that is always my first approach,I feel like if guys do that then,then women won't feel pressured,or think that they are getting hit on.

It's still a tough sell how ever you shape it. If you haven't been getting any signals* that she's receptive to an approach you're going to struggle.

Your "feeling" isn't doing you any favours. You may think you're coming across with a light touch but most women won't trust you.

*signals - A woman in a bar with friends is not a signal she wants to be hit on. Being attractive is not a signal she wants to be hit on. Eye contact from across a bar MIGHT be a signal.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dani

Good advice from Dani. My rule of thumb has always been to be polite and respectful when you're approached, but it's also how you approach people. For me, if I get a good vibe off someone and if I feel comfortable, I'll chat with you, and if I don't, I will quickly excuse myself. You said you are being forced to make changes because of something that happened to you. Change to improve yourself, not who you are.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by tiemeuptiemedown

Good advice from Dani. My rule of thumb has always been to be polite and respectful when you're approached, but it's also how you approach people. For me, if I get a good vibe off someone and if I feel comfortable, I'll chat with you, and if I don't, I will quickly excuse myself. You said you are being forced to make changes because of something that happened to you. Change to improve yourself, not who you are.
I know that what I meant when I said that,I'm always going to be me,I don't know how to be anyone else.
0 likes
Quote by LovingHer17
I know that what I meant when I said that,I'm always going to be me,I don't know how to be anyone else.

It's not about being someone else, it's about being comfortable with yourself. Maybe you're trying too hard? If I think a guy is putting on an act for me, it's an instantaneous turnoff.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Talk to the average-looking girls. If you get to know them, they start to look better and better. The very attractive girls are tired of getting approached all the time.
An old favorite story of mine: The Chaise Lounge
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LovingHer17
Hello Lush guys,my name Alex,I'm a young man in his 20's.This is something I have been passive about for a while,in back of my mind I already know for sure the world is like this.But when it comes to wanting to talk to attractive women,if you don't have the look they wont give you the time of day.People in general really are going to look at how you look,before they would approach you,even more to have a convocation with you or wanna get to know you.

This is somewhat of a rant,I finally sick and fucking tired of putting the effort to talk to these women,that seem like they don't want to really talk back,like I'm the one doing the talking,and asking the questions and trying to get to know you,but I can tell they are not really interested,in what I have to say.But if the tables were turned and I was this guy that looked good physically,I know for sure they would be all eyes and ears,wanting to know me and all.

Like I said guys,this is just a rant,something happen today that push me to the,"I had enough point." A new transformation in my looks is coming soon,it sucks how something like this would wanna make a guy change his self,for a selfish reason,I guess that's life.

Any advice,is surely appreciated.Thank you.ChyoyfaX3Dm2alD1

*Yawn*.....the above is nonsense that self proclaimed "nice guys" spew. The fact is, you're not really interested in talking to these women as a means to getting to know them or just having a fun conversation...you're only interested in where the talking gets you. Hence, you get no results because women know when a guy isn't truly interested in them. Of course, I also haven't ruled out the fact that you're REALLY boring.....hope that helps.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

A gorgeous women might well "bother" with an average looking guy if that guy was confident, fun and interesting because those are attractive qualities. If you can make a woman laugh because you're funny (not retarded), she'll like you because you make her feel good. There's a bit more to it than that but those are the basics. Fun, interesting, average looking guys still stand a chance with attractive women-but if they don't think they do, then they're far more likely to fail. Women, in general, imo are more attracted to personality qualities over looks. So guys should be looking to capitalise on this,.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ManofAdventure

*Yawn*.....the above is nonsense that self proclaimed "nice guys" spew. The fact is, you're not really interested in talking to these women as a means to getting to know them or just having a fun conversation...you're only interested in where the talking gets you. Hence, you get no results because women know when a guy isn't truly interested in them. Of course, I also haven't ruled out the fact that you're REALLY boring.....hope that helps.

Cruel, lol.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ManofAdventure

Exactly.

I've turned down so many hot and attractive guys after few minutes of talking with them just because of their intentions and I have dated guys who weren't in my 'league' just because they were offering something I was interested in. Don't get me wrong, we all interact with others because we want something but if you want to get something you need to give as well. Of course this goes other way around as well.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by dpw

Cruel, lol.

You love it :P Especially because it's true.