1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Can I submit a Fan Fiction I wrote?
The Linebacker
0 likes
I'm sorry, but we do not allow Fan Fiction here.

Buz
Senior Story Verifier
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
No. LushStories does not publish fanfic. Sorry.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
May I ask why LushStories does not permit the publication of fan-fiction? I have a friend who is currently in the middle of writing her 47th chapter on her fan-fic', and she was distressed to find out that LushStories won't publish her work. She's spent the best part of 7 months writing her piece. It's saved into 48 individual documents (prologue is seperate from the rest) so that all the chapters can be uploaded at once so anyone who reads it won't have to wait too long for the next chapter to be uploaded. If a mod can get through 47 chapters in 2 days, then the entire thing could be up in two days, from whenever she's done. But I'm rambling. As my original question asks, how come LushStories won't permit the publication of fan-fic' based novels?
The Linebacker
0 likes
I think legal issues are the main reason fan fiction is not allowed. Fan fiction has never been allowed on Lushstories.
0 likes
Buz is right. Some copyright holders are cool with fanfic (The Trekkies pretty much invented it and Paramount has learned to with it. So has George Lucas), others are not (e.g. J.K. Rowling), and we don't have the time to figure out which is which. There are plenty of sites that accept fanfic including some dedicated to it.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Kron96
. If a mod can get through 47 chapters in 2 days, then the entire thing could be up in two days, from whenever she's done.

For the record, several of my fellow mods are currently holding me down forcefully so that i don't beat you senseless. now, go back to your room and stay there for the rest of eternity.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You really don't want to know how many times my Golden Girls slashfic has been turned down here
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Sophisticate
0 likes
Quote by Kron96
May I ask why LushStories does not permit the publication of fan-fiction? I have a friend who is currently in the middle of writing her 47th chapter on her fan-fic', and she was distressed to find out that LushStories won't publish her work. She's spent the best part of 7 months writing her piece. It's saved into 48 individual documents (prologue is seperate from the rest) so that all the chapters can be uploaded at once so anyone who reads it won't have to wait too long for the next chapter to be uploaded. If a mod can get through 47 chapters in 2 days, then the entire thing could be up in two days, from whenever she's done. But I'm rambling. As my original question asks, how come LushStories won't permit the publication of fan-fic' based novels?

For the record, any author may post only one story per day. So, in theory, it would take forty-seven days at minimum to post this story. That assumes that each part meets Lush standards and does not have to be sent back for editing. As well, given that the queue is steadily at about fifty stories daily, it would likely take longer for all parts to be posted. Even without the rule limiting one story per day, to ask that forty-seven chapters be done in two days is not a realistic expectation.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Fan fiction is rarely commissioned or authorized by the original work's creator or publisher, and is rarely professionally published. Depending on the jurisdiction, it may infringe on the original author's copyright. which renders it untouchable for reputable publishers like Lush.

As for reviewing 47 chapters of any story in two days is ***!&%^$£"@~+_/€$£*)_(+!=!!!
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
0 likes
Kron96, forty-seven chapters?! Seriously? One, your friend should have reviewed Lush's rules for publication before even starting, if her original goal was to be published on Lush Stories. Two, the moderators and story verifiers work incredibly hard just to wade through the hundreds of pieces submitted each day. For your friend to think that each one of her chapters is perfect, without any need for revision, even ignoring the fanfic thing, and it would just take a mod/verifier breezing through all 47 chapters is incredibly ignorant and arrogant. Three, it doesn't matter how much time she's spent on her story--if she wants it on Lush, she needs to revise it so that it is not fanfic. End of story.

Like someone else said, there are plenty of fanfic sites--good, bad and ugly--that accept anything related to that particular genre of fanfic, without all the screening and careful review that goes into approving a piece for publication on Lush Stories. I'm sure she can find one that will take her work--now finding actual readers who will wade through 47 chapters of unedited writing? Yah, good luck with that.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!