Login

Your current day heroes

last reply
8 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Who are your current day heroes and why?

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
I'll start with some of mine:

Maajid Nawaz

Once a radical islamist himself, Nawaz is now an outspoken secular moderate moslim. He fights radicalization around the world with his Quilliam Foundation.

Inna Shevchenko

Secular atheist and feminist activist fighting against sexism and (religious) patriarchy. Shevchenko is a member of FEMEN and founder of FEMEN France.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My mom..Why? Well, she grad high school in 52 joined the Army where she met my dad they married had 7 children, she raised while dad was out of country (career Army) put her 7th (me) in school went of got a full time job, a teamster working graveyard for over twenty yrs until the place closed and she was forced to retire..2 weeks before my dad passed away...other than that she loves me unconditionally theres is nothing I can't tell her..she's going to be 80 this year.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
my parents. i basically grew up with them and i'm pretty damn proud with how they've turned out♡

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My daughter. Why, at age 5 she went into kidney failure. She was dialysis for a year before she had a transplant. There have been several scares of rejection. She has had multiple hospital stays. Then at age 13 she was diagnosed with a form of cancer that transplant patients get. Thankfully she was treated with medicines that improved her immune system and she was able to heal in a matter of months. Through all the pain, surgeries and and hospital stays, she has remained happy and positive. I couldnt ask for a better kid. She is now 16 and healthier than she has ever been.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by kitty40
My daughter. Why, at age 5 she went into kidney failure. She was dialysis for a year before she had a transplant. There have been several scares of rejection. She has had multiple hospital stays. Then at age 13 she was diagnosed with a form of cancer that transplant patients get. Thankfully she was treated with medicines that improved her immune system and she was able to heal in a matter of months. Through all the pain, surgeries and and hospital stays, she has remained happy and positive. I couldnt ask for a better kid. She is now 16 and healthier than she has ever been.

I don't know you Kitty, but anything like this story brings a lump to my throat. I'm sure your her hero as you will have done so much for her and now she's a little older she's probably realising this too x I hope and I'm sure you'll all have a bright future xx
Lurker
0 likes
Those with a genuine smile on their face, and the desire to bring genuine smiles to those around them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by I_am_me

I don't know you Kitty, but anything like this story brings a lump to my throat. I'm sure your her hero as you will have done so much for her and now she's a little older she's probably realising this too x I hope and I'm sure you'll all have a bright future xx

Thank you for your well wishes and kind words. I love coming on here to people who are usually much kinder than those I deal with out here in the real world.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by homealone71
My mom..Why? Well, she grad high school in 52 joined the Army where she met my dad they married had 7 children, she raised while dad was out of country (career Army) put her 7th (me) in school went of got a full time job, a teamster working graveyard for over twenty yrs until the place closed and she was forced to retire..2 weeks before my dad passed away...other than that she loves me unconditionally theres is nothing I can't tell her..she's going to be 80 this year.

Honey I don't know you but you mom is a SAINT and if you asked her she'd probably say she would do it all again just because she's mom God Blessed Her give her a hug for me !