Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Bronze Account Unable To Read Premium Stories?

last reply
18 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Recently, two authors which I keep an eye on have posted new stories (Chrissielecker and Sprite) but I can't access neither of them as the stories are only available to "Premium Members Only"...
Strange thing is I seem to have had an automatic upgrade to a "Bronze" account, yet still am unable to access Premium stories?

What gives?
Lurker
0 likes
I believe premium is only available to Gold members hon..

Hth.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart

Hth.

It should be silver and gold, i think there is some misinformation involved - taken it to the back room to fix. apologies all the way around.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

It should be silver and gold, i think there is some misinformation involved - taken it to the back room to fix. apologies all the way around.

K..xxoo

I don't know..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by daddysweetheart

Hth.

Thanks for your reply, daddyssweetheart, but in the options overview list "Premium Story Library Access" is ticked for Bronze accounts
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by JimmyJump

Thanks for your reply, daddyssweetheart, but in the options overview list "Premium Story Library Access" is ticked for Bronze accounts

You're welcome hon..xx

Okay. I think it's being looked into.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Mmm... I have a grudge against sites who "force" folks into becoming paying members just to be able to read a story. But...

You and Chrissie are amongst the authors I hold in high esteem (because, guess what, you're both damn good), so I might upgrade to Gold, once my credit card has recoverd from my latest attempt at taking over eBay
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by JimmyJump

Mmm... I have a grudge against sites who "force" folks into becoming paying members just to be able to read a story. But...

You and Chrissie are amongst the authors I hold in high esteem (because, guess what, you're both damn good), so I might upgrade to Gold, once my credit card has recoverd from my latest attempt at taking over eBay

nope, yeah, I was just reviewing the perks and you, as a bronze member, should be getting vault access? thinking there's a glitch, no worries, we'll get it sorted. promise.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I'm a bronze member and can access these stories. Are you sure you were properly logged in?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
I'm a bronze member and can access these stories. Are you sure you were properly logged in?

Okay, so that's answered that question, then. smile

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
OP, I just checked your profile and you're not a bronze member actually.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
OP, I just checked your profile and you're not a bronze member actually.

Look at the pic in my first post: it says "Your account has already been upgraded to a Lush Bronze Account, due to expire on 04 July 2015"
Not my fault it's there, although I myself never asked for an upgrade...

Quote by sprite

Okay, so that's answered that question, then. smile

Maybe the glitch is the fact Lush says I'm Bronze while I'm not?
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by JimmyJump
Look at the pic in my first post: it says "Your account has already been upgraded to a Lush Bronze Account, due to expire on 04 July 2015"
Not my fault it's there, although I myself never asked for an upgrade...

I'm not implicated with Lush's maintenance/regulation in any way, so maybe someone in a better position could provide you more insight, but...

I don't think you have a legit Bronze account: you simply have a Freemium account with a trial version of 6 months. Only members who published a story by Jan 1st 2015 got awarded a true Bronze account (which expires in 2034, and not in July 2015).

The site most likely perceives you as a Bronze member until your trial period expires, simply because you technically have access to every feature that Bronze members have. The 'vault library' is a new feature however, so it's probably not included in your trial.

You can check out these threads if you'd like to learn more about the new Freemium Model (if you haven't already):

New "Freemium" Membership Model for 2015 / NEW questions concerning the Membership options
Matriarch
0 likes
Hi Jimmy,

There's a bit of a mix up happening here.

All members of the site, who joined prior to 1 Jan 2015, were given 6 months continuation of all the features they have always enjoyed, since joining.

"The Vault", is a new feature, which is available only to "Premium" members. Those are people who have a paid membership, whether it is a Bronze, Silver or Gold Membership.

All authors who contributed stories / poems to the site prior to 1 Jan 2015, were gifted Bronze Memberships, as a thank you. You haven't submitted a story or a poem here, so you weren't gifted the Bronze Membership.

The message you are seeing, "Your account has already been upgraded... " is incorrect. It hasn't been.

I'll ask Gav to take a look at changing the wording on that message.

Basically, the new "locked off" area, is for paying members.

Sorry for the confusion.

Nicola
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

I'm not implicated with Lush's maintenance/regulation in any way, so maybe someone in a better position could provide you more insight, but...

I don't think you have a legit Bronze account: you simply have a Freemium account with a trial version of 6 months. Only members who published a story by Jan 1st 2015 got awarded a true Bronze account (which expires in 2034, and not in July 2015).

The site most likely perceives you as a Bronze member until your trial period expires, simply because you technically have access to every feature that Bronze members have. The 'vault library' is a new feature however, so it's probably not included in your trial.

You can check out these threads if you'd like to learn more about the new Freemium Model (if you haven't already):

New "Freemium" Membership Model for 2015 / NEW questions concerning the Membership options

This is correct. Only paying Bronze members or those gifted the lifetime Bronze membership have access to The Vault.

Trial members do not, which refers to those with the free 6-month trial Bronze membership and new members who will have the 3-month trial Bronze membership.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Code Monkey
0 likes
I have updated the wording on the Premium page, sorry for the confusion
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Hi Jimmy,

There's a bit of a mix up happening here.

All members of the site, who joined prior to 1 Jan 2015, were given 6 months continuation of all the features they have always enjoyed, since joining.

"The Vault", is a new feature, which is available only to "Premium" members. Those are people who have a paid membership, whether it is a Bronze, Silver or Gold Membership.

All authors who contributed stories / poems to the site prior to 1 Jan 2015, were gifted Bronze Memberships, as a thank you. You haven't submitted a story or a poem here, so you weren't gifted the Bronze Membership.

The message you are seeing, "Your account has already been upgraded... " is incorrect. It hasn't been.

I'll ask Gav to take a look at changing the wording on that message.

Basically, the new "locked off" area, is for paying members.

Sorry for the confusion.

Nicola

Thanks for the clarification Nicola

Quote by gav
I have updated the wording on the Premium page, sorry for the confusion

Cheers Gav
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Things are still either wrong, or misleading. Behavior of the vault seems to bear out the assertion (above) the feature is for paying members only.

When I click on the Vault I see "You account has a trial subscription to our Lush Bronze, due to expire on 08 Jan 2016."

Further down, on the list of features, I see Premium Story Library Access (which I interpret as the Vault) with a checkmark in the Bronze column. What I was hoping to do was check out the vault to see if it is worthwhile (for me) to go paid.

I appreciate your further clarification

fw
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by freewillee
Things are still either wrong, or misleading. Behavior of the vault seems to bear out the assertion (above) the feature is for paying members only.

When I click on the Vault I see "You account has a trial subscription to our Lush Bronze, due to expire on 08 Jan 2016."

Further down, on the list of features, I see Premium Story Library Access (which I interpret as the Vault) with a checkmark in the Bronze column. What I was hoping to do was check out the vault to see if it is worthwhile (for me) to go paid.

I appreciate your further clarification

fw

Those with trial Bronze memberships do not have access to the Vault (Premium Library), only those with paid Bronze memberships have access to the Vault.

I'll contact Gav to see if he can make this clear on the Premium membership info page.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks for clarifying Dani!