0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just installed it and I like it so far.kvbWTqVYniePJlu8
Carpe Diem

Red out
Lurker
0 likes
I tried it but haven't reloaded it on my computer since formatting it and switched to firefox. I actually did like it better then the other versions much faster but fire fox still beats it.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I have an "Get IE8 now!" on one of my toolbars........was kinda wondering what it was all about......
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
Actually Apples safari in Windows is the fastest browser

Even faster on a mac using OSX
Lurker
0 likes
I'm sticking with Firefox forever.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ditto

Happiest Firefox Ever
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Don't care for the new toolbar layout. And it cut my Favs list down with that suggested sites block.
But seems to load faster.

Bat
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I just installed this. It's.......I dunno......kinda weird. Its like everything is more vivid. I guess it will just take some getting used to.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
What a great Firefox icon, Run!

Hmm, should be made into a Firefox Lush Theme.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I have IE8 on my computer...and love it. The best part is when you open the second window...and have the option of IN PRIVATE browsing. If you have others using the same computer....their is no way for them to find out what sites you have visited.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The new uploads seems to cause a melt down.

Sites won't load. and bring a troubleshooting screen - ALOT

Bat
Lurker
0 likes
I tired the beta version when it came out I liked it was very fast and reliable. If sites don't load it isn't the browser I found just refreshing the site gets it to load up properly. Granted I am sure there may be a few sites out there that won't load till they get it updated to support the new IE8 but so far it is the best job Microsoft has done with it to date.
Lurker
0 likes
There's no way you'll ever get me to use anything but google chrome...

IMHO, it even beats firefox... at least for my computer, since it always seems to crash when running ff.

Ling
Matriarch
0 likes
IE8 doesn't seem that bad at all.

However on some sites it messes with the layout of the pages - headers in the wrong place and things like that. They have some silly "compatability" mode to supposedly fix pages that don't look right - who wants to be messing with thoese settings each time while surfing, when IE7 and Firefox both load all the pages correctly?

Gav might be able to help us out here, might be something to do with some new web standards or something.
Matriarch
0 likes
I'd hire the guy on the right Chef, the left guy looks a chinless stiff, the right guy looks like he has more about him
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Live free or Die Hard - ring a bell

Bat
Code Monkey
0 likes
from a technical standpoint, IE8 is their best yet. its css2 compatible, so sites *should* render exactly the same in FF, chrome, safari and IE8.

@ling-li, you probably find it more stable than FF because they isolate each tab separately. this means a plugin (flash) or a slow javascript page wont crash your browser, unlike FF, *cough* *cough*

i have just added browser sniffing to the home page. if i detect an IE6 browser they get a dirty big red error message, upgrade your out of date browser, please, wont you think of the children.

my browser of choice is still FF3x, i couldnt live without my plugins....
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I only did it because everytime I came here to the site, it kept telling me my browser was out of date.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hell, my computer is out of date.

3 yrs old. But I'm tired of buying nre every 2 yrs.
So the next is a lap top for work/travel. Let the business buy it

Hints ? Idea? HELP?

Bat
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i have just added browser sniffing

Sounds kinky to me.

Bat
Code Monkey
0 likes
we have to join the movement, get people off that 8 year old browser

http://www.stoplivinginthepast.com/

takes me twice as long doing development, trying to get things working in IE6.

browser sniffing, has its moments

@bat, would definitely recommend the new dell xps 13, with solid state drive, esp if the company is paying!
Lurker
0 likes
I am still learning IE8 but so far so good.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
It keeps making it where I have to login on here everytime. I hate that!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Pixie

You can adjust that in Options. You have it set to erase passwords when you close out. Change that and you won't have that issue.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Quote by ali2teaseu
Quote by Pixie

You can adjust that in Options. You have it set to erase passwords when you close out. Change that and you won't have that issue.

Options where??
Lurker
0 likes
Even better: go to Tools, then click Delete Browsing History and you will see various items to check or uncheck. If you un-check Passwords it should stop clearing you out. Hope this helps.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I had to get rid of it! It was terrible! Slowed my computer way down, and always opened double windows when going to internet explorer.