The dress...

last reply
37 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I've had a quick look round the forum and couldn't see any topics about this... So here it goes

'The dress' yesterday and today has been trending world wide all over the Internet, I've see it on news channels and in the papers today. So my question is, what colour do you see the dress as?

At first, I saw it as white and gold but then later I saw it as blue and black.

Lurker
0 likes
i've tried and tried and tried to see ANYTHING but white and gold, and the best i can do is see *maybe* a pale blue instead of white when i look at the darkened version of the picture.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
how the fuck does anyone see gold and white? i'm serious. it baffles me. i think you're making it up.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite
how the fuck does anyone see gold and white? i'm serious. it baffles me. i think you're making it up.

the most interesting thing about this to me is that different people can see *drastically* different things when looking at the same picture--not different versions of the same picture, not the same picture on different screens, the EXACT same picture. i was at a meeting yesterday and we passed a friend's phone around among several people and the answers were about evenly split.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
bunch of drug addled crazy people, maybe. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
It went round my whole office yesterday with various different answers, everyone was getting very freaked out. I'm one of the lucky ones who have seen both the colours. It's spooky when you think about it. When I asked my boyfriend what colour he thought it was he said black and blue and honestly didn't believe me when I said I could see white and gold when we were looking at the same image. It's very strange
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
All I see is an ugly dress!!

OK, a White and Gold ugly dress.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Amyyyyy
I've had a quick look round the forum and couldn't see any topics about this... So here it goes

'The dress' yesterday and today has been trending world wide all over the Internet, I've see it on news channels and in the papers today. So my question is, what colour do you see the dress as?

At first, I saw it as white and gold but then later I saw it as blue and black.

I see it pink and fuchsia.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Seriously, this is my opinion exactly. I definitely see it blue/black, how can you possibly not see the blue in there?

I can't help but think that those who see it white/gold must be slightly colorblind.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite
bunch of drug addled crazy people, maybe. smile

Yes maybe drug-addled but i still see white and tan/gold.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

I see it pink and fuchsia.

Brat! smile
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
All I see is an ugly dress!!

OK, a White and Gold ugly dress.

My thoughts exactly. I'm always amazed how the most moronic things become internet sensations. xo
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Mysteria27

I'm always amazed how the most moronic things become internet sensations. xo

Or Lush sensations for that matter.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Originally I saw Blue and Black but the more I look at it, the more my opinion changes to Blue and Gold :S
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Or Lush sensations for that matter.

You are just a laugh a minute....
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Mysteria27

You are just a laugh a minute....

Thank you.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Thank you.

You're very welcome.......xo
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It looked white and gold to me, could not see the blue and black tones some people saw. A different photo was posted and then I saw it as light lavender and black.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
White & Gold it is...maybe the ones that see blue & black or pink & fuchsia need to get checked out for being colour blind.
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm not sure but I just see a yellow and sort of 'off white' colour like stonewashed. Maybe that makes me....umm....different!
Convict
0 likes
I could only see gold and white with perhaps a slight tinge of blue as the white. I also saw a picture of the dress in blue & black. Surely some of is are looking at the white & gold dress and some looking at the blue & black dress ffs. It's NOT going to change so drastically from one person to the next. Had to stop & wonder if it was April 1 for a sec.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by trinket
Surely some of is are looking at the white & gold dress and some looking at the blue & black dress ffs. It's NOT going to change so drastically from one person to the next.

that's the most interesting part of this--we are, in fact, looking at the same thing and seeing something drastically different. i know this because i was in the same room with a group of people looking at the same picture on the same phone, and the beautiful and intellectual among us saw white and gold while the filthy godless heathens saw blue and black. biggrin
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

How the fuck can anyone see black and blue?! I can maybe see the white with a hint of blue, but black? Come on, really?!
Lurker
0 likes
Ok... I just saw the pic posted to start this thread and it was black and blue. Tell me someone's been playing with photoshop and I'm not going nuts.
Convict
0 likes
Quote by mrd82

that's the most interesting part of this--we are, in fact, looking at the same thing and seeing something drastically different. i know this because i was in the same room with a group of people looking at the same picture on the same phone, and the beautiful and intellectual among us saw white and gold while the filthy godless heathens saw blue and black. biggrin

And there you have it! The filthy godless heathens are, in fact, filthy godless, colour blind heathens!

So Spritelette, princess, are you saying that you're looking at the picture in the OP and you DEFINITELY see black and blue? Yeah right
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by trinket

And there you have it! The filthy godless heathens are, in fact, filthy godless, colour blind heathens!

So Spritelette, princess, are you saying that you're looking at the picture in the OP and you DEFINITELY see black and blue? Yeah right

I am, and always have been, a filthy godless heathen, Trinket. Please.

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I stumbled across a picture where someone played with the hue to render the robe either 'obviously white', or 'obviously blue'.

Funny thing, I still perceive a very apparent blueish tint in the 'obviously white' picture:

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by playsit
Ok... I just saw the pic posted to start this thread and it was black and blue. Tell me someone's been playing with photoshop and I'm not going nuts.

It's the dress, it something to do with the light around you and the lights and shadows in the picture and how your eyes react to the light.