cannot submit my story!!

last reply
16 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
The Engineer
0 likes
Well I can chose the tags, the title and everything but when it comes to pasting the story from the lappy to the box it doesn't show that cursor....is the site still getting through the server migration thing?
Find Simar on:
1. Skype: Simar Singh
2. Kik: simar2308
Lurker
0 likes
It could be that. There wasn't any announcement that site is operating normally and that migration is done.

I would restart my computer in your case and wait a bit before tried again to submit.
If that doesn't work, try to send message directly to administration through Contact Us section, there you can address specifically what kind of problem you are facing.
The Engineer
0 likes
Well I was finally able to do it but through my phone....would still wanna know the problem with the pc upload.
Find Simar on:
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Simran_Kaur_Chawla
Well I was finally able to do it but through my phone....would still wanna know the problem with the pc upload.

Aha ... I bet you have a Samsung Galaxy s6 with the optional pink case ... pink cases were working yesterday but not blue, black, silver, red, mauve or the yellow one with black dots on it. Good job you got the pink one smile.

Seriously we all need to wait until Gav or Nicola say that the server migration is complete since logically all these issues that are popping up will be related to that.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Simran_Kaur_Chawla

Congrats!
I am sure when work on the site will be done, we will be informed and everything should be working normally, specially story submissions. Give it a bit time, unless you have another story to submit in coming days.

Edit: ah, I didn't see that simplyjohn added serious explanation as well. Sorry for running over you word, mod, it wasn't intentional. So, SKC, acknowledge what he said ;)
The Linebacker
0 likes
I am pretty sure this is an issue related to the server migration and is a priority to be worked out. Please stay patient.
The Engineer
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

Aha ... I bet you have a Samsung Galaxy s6 with the optional pink case ... pink cases were working yesterday but not blue, black, silver, red, mauve or the yellow one with black dots on it. Good job you got the pink one smile.

Seriously we all need to wait until Gav or Nicola say that the server migration is complete since logically all these issues that are popping up will be related to that.

Well that's embarassing cause I have just a cheap smartphone of the company Lava ,the model being Iris 405+.But i guess its a stiff competition to Samsung right....you know just saying.
Find Simar on:
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Meanwhile, in story mod land...

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Southern Charmer
0 likes
Quote by sprite
Meanwhile, in story mod land...

I thought we agreed not to share that pic in public.

So I did a thing with leftlingula... 😈 Naughty people, I'm not talking about that. We wrote a story together! I'm very proud of what we've done and we would love for you to read it. It's about a husband and wife remembering who they are together. The fire, their passion, their love, her need to submit to him, and his need to dominate her. All rolled into one beautiful connection. It all started with one simple word...
Nightshade Part 1

Nightshade: Part 2

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MadameMolly

I thought we agreed not to share that pic in public.

I must have missed that meeting. or was too drunk to remember... sorry!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Southern Charmer
0 likes
Quote by sprite

I must have missed that meeting. or was too drunk to remember... sorry!

That's okay, as sexy as that pic is it had to be shared.

So I did a thing with leftlingula... 😈 Naughty people, I'm not talking about that. We wrote a story together! I'm very proud of what we've done and we would love for you to read it. It's about a husband and wife remembering who they are together. The fire, their passion, their love, her need to submit to him, and his need to dominate her. All rolled into one beautiful connection. It all started with one simple word...
Nightshade Part 1

Nightshade: Part 2

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I'm having trouble submitting my story too. The spacing keeps changing by itself. Does anyone know why?
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by ReaperTess1
I'm having trouble submitting my story too. The spacing keeps changing by itself. Does anyone know why?

That may be a incompatibility issue between software.

If your spaces are closing up, place your cursor at the beginning of the line you want spaced and hit return. Do not hit return from he end of the previous line.

If you you getting too many spaces, then you are going to have to close up each line you need to yourself. Do so at the beginning of the line and hit delete. If you do it at the end of the previous line, it may actually do nothing.

Another thing you can do is paste your story in a pm to your self here on Lush, then try pasting that into the text submission box. That sometimes works.

If you can't get it to work, get whatever you can fixed and submit it. Write a message describing the problem in the Note To Moderators box. We will take it seriously and do what we can. I have the same problem myself when I submit a story or poem.
The Engineer
0 likes
Quote by Buz

If your spaces are closing up, place your cursor at the beginning of the line you want spaced and hit return. Do not hit return from he end of the previous line.

If you you getting too many spaces, then you are going to have to close up each line you need to yourself. Do so at the beginning of the line and hit delete. If you do it at the end of the previous line, it may actually do nothing.

Another thing you can do is paste your story in a pm to your self here on Lush, then try pasting that into the text submission box. That sometimes works.

If you can't get it to work, get whatever you can fixed and submit it. Write a message describing the problem in the Note To Moderators box. We will take it seriously and do what we can. I have the same problem myself when I submit a story or poem.

nothing works
Find Simar on:
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by Buz

I re-edited it four times and then gave up. I just submitted it with a note, like you said, detailing the problem. It's defo not a software problem cause I've used the same software and never had a problem before. But thanks for your help. biggrin
The Engineer
0 likes
Well here's a new update......I just switched from a Ubuntu system to Windows one and now its working....so I guess it was a software incompatibility after all. Thanks Buz
Find Simar on: